ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dane Brugler: The Beast -2021 Ed.
Kellerfox 05:57 PM 04-07-2021
Released this morning on the Athletic... I know there are a couple Brugler fans on the board. Has anyone taken a deep dive yet? Any surprises? Adding to my weekend reading list.

Link here
[Reply]
staylor26 06:04 PM 04-07-2021
Are his OT rankings the same as the “OT Ranking” thread?
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:09 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Are his OT rankings the same as the “OT Ranking” thread?
Nope - looks like some variation (relatively)

1st
1. PENEI SEWELL
2. RASHAWN SLATER
3. CHRISTIAN DARRISAW

1st-2nd
4. TEVEN JENKINS

2nd
5. SAMUEL COSMI
6. LIAM EICHENBERG

2nd-3rd
7. WALKER LITTLE
8. BRADY CHRISTENSEN
9. DILLON RADUNZ

3rd
10. JAMES HUDSON
11. D’ANTE SMITH
12. STONE FORSYTHE

(Not copying full list, formatting headache to retype)
[Reply]
staylor26 06:11 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:

1st
1. PENEI SEWELL
2. RASHAWN SLATER
3. CHRISTIAN DARRISAW

1st-2nd
4. TEVEN JENKINS

2nd
5. SAMUEL COSMI
6. LIAM EICHENBERG

2nd-3rd
7. WALKER LITTLE
8. BRADY CHRISTENSEN
9. DILLON RADUNZ

3rd
10. JAMES HUDSON
11. D’ANTE SMITH
12. STONE FORSYTHE

Interesting. Thanks.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:18 PM 04-07-2021

1st
1. PENEI SEWELL
2. RASHAWN SLATER
3. CHRISTIAN DARRISAW

1st-2nd
4. TEVEN JENKINS

2nd
5. SAMUEL COSMI
6. LIAM EICHENBERG

2nd-3rd
7. WALKER LITTLE
8. BRADY CHRISTENSEN
9. DILLON RADUNZ

3rd
10. JAMES HUDSON
11. D’ANTE SMITH
12. STONE FORSYTHE

This is much closer to reality. So many are wanting 2nd and 3rd and later (brown & Forsythe) in the 1st. It’s crazy. What is gonna be funny is if we don’t take a lineman in the 1st and a bunch of these guys are there in the 2nd and we pass on them again. This place will go nuts. I could see it happening if we take DE in the first and wr in the second. And then draft LT in the third. All the posts after that 2nd pick will be hilarious!
[Reply]
Hoover 12:18 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
This is much closer to reality. So many are wanting 2nd and 3rd and later (brown & Forsythe) in the 1st. It’s crazy. What is gonna be funny is if we don’t take a lineman in the 1st and a bunch of these guys are there in the 2nd and we pass on them again. This place will go nuts. I could see it happening if we take DE in the first and wr in the second. And then draft LT in the third. All the posts after that 2nd pick will be hilarious!
I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

Or Veach moves way up in the draft (unlikely) and takes a LT has few other picks to make in the draft (which I don't like)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:31 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
The thing is, most people think DE and WR are needs as well.

Imagine if they take a CB in the 1st? I'm actually convinced right now that they are going to.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:25 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Imagine if they take a CB in the 1st? I'm actually convinced right now that they are going to.
I could see Asante Samuel Jr happening, tbh.

Maybe it's the Reid connection with his dad, ala Jason & Travis Kelce.

I wouldn't mind it; he has the alpha mentality like Clark, Jones, Sneed & Matheiu. Plus, if Thornhill takes a leap like he did at the end of last year, and Reed gets some push while freeing up Jones, it would start getting pretty hard for opposing offenses to throw the ball to catch up to our Offense.

[Reply]
BossChief 02:58 PM 04-08-2021

No way.

I’d wager nearly anything against that with the way Veach has handled CBs.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 05:06 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No way.

I’d wager nearly anything against that with the way Veach has handled CBs.
I don't disagree, but why have we been meeting with all of the potential round 1 CBs? Are they hoping Newsome or Samuels Jr. Fall to #63? That seems very unlikely. I'd be shocked, but there is smoke there.

Edit: I also saw a tweet that we had talked with Farley who is dropping due to his recent surgery. I can't find it now though...
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:38 AM 04-09-2021
I don't disagree, but why have we been meeting with all of the potential round 1 CBs? Are they hoping Newsome or Samuels Jr. Fall to #63? That seems very unlikely. I'd be shocked, but there is smoke there.

Edit: I also saw a tweet that we had talked with Farley who is dropping due to his recent surgery. I can't find it now though...
Exactly. They've been sniffing around the guys with round 1 grades for a reason. I'm not saying it's likely, it's just a gut feeling. I think all these people assuming it's going to be a LT or WR are looking past something, I just don't quite know what it is.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:42 AM 04-09-2021
I would be unexcited by a CB addition in Round 1.

Meeting with that many CBs could also be a smokescreen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I would be unexcited by a CB addition in Round 1.
Why? Drafting CB's high is a good way to cost control a position that has gotten kind of out of hand in recent years.

Meeting with that many CBs could also be a smokescreen.
Could be, for sure.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:39 AM 04-09-2021
Why? Drafting CB's high is a good way to cost control a position that has gotten kind of out of hand in recent years.

Could be, for sure.

I just don’t think the position is as important to the Chiefs, as currently constructed, as WR, T, or DE. Unless the draft falls really weirdly, there would be a player at one of those positions I’d take over any of the CB likely to be available.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:54 PM 04-09-2021
I just don’t think the position is as important to the Chiefs, as currently constructed, as WR, T, or DE. Unless the draft falls really weirdly, there would be a player at one of those positions I’d take over any of the CB likely to be available.
Given what they've done the last few years, do we really know though?

I mean they took a RB in the 1st last year.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up