ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 31
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:29 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
But people also need to factor that teams look at different things when it comes to LT. We aren’t looking at every LT as a starter in our offense. Just like there are LTs that aren’t going to fit in a run first offense.
For sure. I didn’t say otherwise, just that I think 5 or so will go before 31. There’s a great chance a guy we want falls because teams value different skill sets.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:30 PM 03-27-2021
What is this ton that you’re talking about? A 3rd round pick this year? A 2nd round pick next year?
I’m
How is that a ton but people are down for trading a first next year to move up in the first for a LT they aren’t even sure that the Chiefs are interested in.
Exactly. Trading up in the 2nd is too costly but trading up in the first isn’t? That makes no sense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:32 PM 03-27-2021
I’ve yet to see anyone saying that they would wait until the 3rd round to grab a LT. Most everyone is saying take one at 31, trade down and take one or trade up in the 2nd for one.
Exactly. I’m down for ANYTHING other than trading away multiple first round picks. Everything else is in the table.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:57 PM 03-27-2021
I’ve yet to see anyone saying that they would wait until the 3rd round to grab a LT. Most everyone is saying take one at 31, trade down and take one or trade up in the 2nd for one.
You’ve yet to see anyone advocate for that huh? Maybe you should look at staylor’s directly before yours advocating two 3rd or later prospects in Josh Ball and Stone Forsythe :-)

The entire point of this draft is that we are in a pretty good spot at the end of the first rd and a quality LT prospect like Liam Eichenberg, Sam Cosmi or Brady Christensen is gonna be there.

But if we wait until our 2nd pick they will probably all be gone. And yeah trading up far enough to get one is gonna cost an early pick or two, so why not just get the value at 31 or trade up a few spots for a reasonable deal?

There’s a big drop off after Eichenberg and Christensen due to talent or question marks.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:59 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You’ve yet to see anyone advocate for that huh? Maybe you should look at staylor’s directly before yours advocating two 3rd or later prospects in Josh Ball and Stone Forsythe :-)

The entire point of this draft is that we are in a pretty good spot at the end of the first rd and a quality LT prospect like Liam Eichenberg, Sam Cosmi or Brady Christensen is gonna be there.

But if we wait until our 2nd pick they will probably all be gone. And yeah trading up far enough to get one is gonna cost an early pick or two, so why not just get the value at 31 or trade up a few spots for a reasonable deal?

There’s a big drop off after Eichenberg and Christensen due to talent or question marks.
JFC man do you even read?

Originally Posted by staylor26:
But we’re talking about the totality of the class. Not every team is going to have the same philosophy and scheme fit. That pushes guys down as well like Franchise and I have been saying.

Also, most of the guys I listed at 6’5”+.

Ball and Forythe are two guys that I think are really slept on as fits for us. Both are 6’8”+, and their strength is pass protection. Those 2 are extremely underrated.

Now, I’d rather not wait until the 3rd round to get our guy, but there will certainly be talent available with starting LT upside. I mean we just got a 1st round caliber talent in the 3rd last year, and the depth is actually better this year. Last years class was just better at the top.

The point is, I agree with you that this is a great OT class, but it’s even better than you think.
Franchise is absolutely right. I’ve said the same thing over and over again myself. You just don’t fucking get it.

The point was that there’s more talent in this class than you realize.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:39 PM 03-27-2021
Yep. This is the best OT class I have seen in years.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:23 PM 03-27-2021
JFC man do you even read?

Franchise is absolutely right. I’ve said the same thing over and over again myself. You just don’t ****ing get it.

You’re advocating about day 3 fits for us in Ball and Forythe and then saying you don’t want to do that?

If we already have a tackle and want to double-down? Sure. But if we wait until day 3 for LT and decide to get one of those guys as the solution, I’d consider that a disaster.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:25 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You’re advocating about day 3 fits for us in Ball and Forythe and then saying you don’t want to do that?

If we already have a tackle and want to double-down? Sure. But if we wait until day 3 for LT and decide to get one of those guys as the solution, I’d consider that a disaster.
No, I’m simply making a point about the talent at the T position in this draft class.

I clearly said that I prefer not to wait till the 3rd round.

You can not want to wait till the 3rd round while also acknowledging that there will still be talent there. You understand that, right?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:29 PM 03-27-2021
It’s going to be really great here if they don’t draft a tackle at all. Veach is not going to get backed into a corner.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It’s going to be really great here if they don’t draft a tackle at all. Veach is not going to get backed into a corner.
I may need to take a break from the internet if that happens.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 PM 03-27-2021
I may need to take a break from the internet if that happens.
I mean of course they know it’s a need. But all this talk about they HAVE to take a tackle - I don’t think the Chiefs will subscribe to that thinking at all. Tackle may end up being BPA but they’re not going to bend over.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:02 AM 03-28-2021
Not in the 1st? Yes, I could see that being a reality.

At all? That would be incompetence at the highest level.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 AM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not in the 1st? Yes, I could see that being a reality.

At all? That would be incompetence at the highest level.
According to you. I will defer to the guys that have been to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Look, I’m not saying they won’t draft a tackle. I think they will. I just don’t think they see it like the fans at all.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:53 AM 03-28-2021
According to you. I will defer to the guys that have been to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Look, I’m not saying they won’t draft a tackle. I think they will. I just don’t think they see it like the fans at all.
I pray Veach isn't that stupid, and I really don't think he is.

Veach has been solid overall but he's been riding the coattails of mostly Dorsey's picks. The only good pick from the 2018 draft was Derrick Nnadi but no 1st to his credit. The only really good pick in 19 was Thornhill and that was a slap-you-in-the-face value any idiot should have seen. Hardman is meh, ok, and Allegretti is serviceable. He sent a 1st for Clark and I'd argue there was no real upgrade over Houston. 20 the jury is out on but Sneed looks like a hit and Clyde is ok. So, I don't give him free benefit of the doubt because so far he's been very average on his hits and misses and not way above average as some seem to think. I give more benefit to Reid and the coaching staff than I do Veach to this point and credit to where it's due on who picked the bulk of the talent on this roster.

If Veach doesn't draft a tackle, there better have 1) been a FA signing already or 2) be one coming via trade for a pick next year in short order. That or it's epic dumbassery, pure and simple.

Even if you go into 2021 thinking you're putting Niang at LT and Remmers at RT, you don't have a fucking backup worth a shit. That backup well has run pretty dry in FA sans 1 or 2 guys which speaks to #1 above.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:28 AM 03-28-2021
I kind of figured that’s where this was going. Probably best to just agree to disagree and move on.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 31
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up