ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 55
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
notorious 01:37 PM 02-20-2021
Up to 55. SW Kansas reminds us that it's SW Kansas and lets a mild 30mph wind rip.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:31 PM 02-20-2021
25 and bright sun. I replaced my door bell with a door bell camera and replaced a camera outside.

going to grill tonight.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:54 PM 02-20-2021
-3 celcius , sunny , no wind perfect weather for a skate on The backyard rink.
[Reply]
2112 04:33 PM 02-20-2021
Low of 15 tonight. It’s been snowing non stop since January 31st. Just looked at the 10 day forecast and no snow and highs in the mid to upper 40’s!! Woohoo!!! Summertime!!!

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:41 PM 02-20-2021
Got up to 72 today. Decided to mow the grass and trim with my new weed eater. Afterwards I gave my dog a bath (she had some major funk coming off her). She's begging me to go outside so she can roll around the yard, but she'll have to wait till she dries completely.

Edit: I also planted my herb garden which will stay inside for now. I converted my party cooler that sits on legs and has wheels. I have no idea why I hadn't thought of it before, it makes a perfect rolling raised bed
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:08 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
For those of you up north that think we have it so easy in Florida. I want to tell you it was only 62 here this morning and drizzling. I had to decide between my Tampa Lightning Stanley Cup Champions jacket, my Tampa Bay Rays American League Championship jacket or my Tampa Bay Buccaneers Super Bowl Champions jacket. By the time I made my decision it had warmed up to 74 degrees and I didn't need the jacket anymore. Too much stress, I'm headed to a beach bar.
I've never been envious of anyone who lives in Florida, even this time of the year.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:09 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
25 and bright sun. I replaced my door bell with a door bell camera and replaced a camera outside.

going to grill tonight.
I'm firing up the grill in a little bit as well, haven't had a proper steak in quite some time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:14 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I've never been envious of anyone who lives in Florida, even this time of the year.
In another month or so, it'll be mid-high 80s in Florida and it'll begin the ~8 months of miserable heat and humidity.

I mean, the weather will still suck in Omaha, but at least not relatively as bad...
[Reply]
2112 05:14 PM 02-20-2021
I'm firing up the grill in a little bit as well, haven't had a proper steak in quite some time.
You make those steaks perfect dude. I don’t remember if I told you that when I was there. Also, tell Mrs. Bugeater her biscuits and gravy were the best I ever had. And tell Oliver I said hi
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:20 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
In another month or so, it'll be mid-high 80s in Florida and it'll begin the ~8 months of miserable heat and humidity.

I mean, the weather will still suck in Omaha, but at least not relatively as bad...
Yep. I can't even imagine what the summers are like down there. We actually get some breaks from the oppressive humidity here and there over the summer.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:24 PM 02-20-2021

Totally worth it. From the beginning of Nov to the end of April the weather is fantastic. I've had my heat on a total of 5 times this year and my electric bill went from $240 in the summer to $120 now
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:26 PM 02-20-2021
Yep. I can't even imagine what the summers are like down there. We actually get some breaks from the oppressive humidity here and there over the summer.
Yeah, I lived for those 2-3 days at a time when I could open all the windows and turn on the house fan.... and that would be the big downside to living in Phoenix (and Florida). I wouldn't even mind the 110 in the middle of the day, it's the fact that it's still 95 at 10pm..... I think they had a streak last summer of like 20+ days in a row over 90 degrees, as in 480+ straight hours over 90.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:39 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
We keep our heat on 52 now in the lake house and shut the water off and drain as much as possible as we like to go 3-4 times in the winter. The online thermostat sends a warning if something is out of whack. Good luck, I hope it made it through ok.
I didn't expect it to get quite this cold. Got the heat on at 40 down there and most of the pipes are wrapped.

I spoke too soon in KC. Kitchen sink drain froze/clogged. Multiple treatments of drain opener and boiling water eventually opened the drain.

Heading to the lake tomorrow; don't think I can wait a week to find out if there's problems.
[Reply]
scho63 07:13 PM 02-20-2021
Yeah, I lived for those 2-3 days at a time when I could open all the windows and turn on the house fan.... and that would be the big downside to living in Phoenix (and Florida). I wouldn't even mind the 110 in the middle of the day, it's the fact that it's still 95 at 10pm..... I think they had a streak last summer of like 20+ days in a row over 90 degrees, as in 480+ straight hours over 90.
Last year here in Phoenix we set records for all kinds of heat; days over 90, days over 100, no rain. Just a fucking sauna for months. I had no A/C in my car for 85% of the time. Brutal. :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:33 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Last year here in Phoenix we set records for all kinds of heat; days over 90, days over 100, no rain. Just a ****ing sauna for months. I had no A/C in my car for 85% of the time. Brutal. :-)
I think most days in a row over 110 was broken as well. It’s going to take me a lot of really bad winters to miss those days, I promise you that. But, it’s kinda give and take wherever you live. You’ll never beat Phoenix weather in February-April.

Ultimately, I grew tired of not having 4 seasons but I’d be lying if I didn’t wish I could bring AZ Februarys with me.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 55
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up