ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 55
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
Sorce 04:03 PM 02-17-2021
Warmed up enough today, garage started raining. Currently have the water shut off. Had the faucets at a trickle, didn't think to prop open the master toilet flapper to keep it running, froze up and burst apparently.
[Reply]
eDave 04:06 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Warmed up enough today, garage started raining. Currently have the water shut off. Had the faucets at a trickle, didn't think to prop open the master toilet flapper to keep it running, froze up and burst apparently.
Aw shit. :-)
[Reply]
Sorce 04:15 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Aw shit. :-)
Yeah our garage ceilings are about 2ft up there and have finished ceilings so gonna have to cut the sheetrock out. Most plumbing companies can only put you on a waitlist. Luckily I was expecting this after it froze and cut the water pretty quick when I heard it running non stop.
[Reply]
Pants 04:17 PM 02-17-2021
Yeah our garage ceilings are about 2ft up there and have finished ceilings so gonna have to cut the sheetrock out. Most plumbing companies can only put you on a waitlist. Luckily I was expecting this after it froze and cut the water pretty quick when I heard it running non stop.
Was this for a toilet that never gets used? Sorry, I'm a complete plumbing dumbass.
[Reply]
eDave 04:17 PM 02-17-2021
I have a feeling you won't be alone when things thaw. Augh.
[Reply]
Sorce 04:34 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Was this for a toilet that never gets used? Sorry, I'm a complete plumbing dumbass.
No it was our master bathroom, it froze overnight 2 days ago, nothing I could do to thaw the pipes because of where they are. Not sure how the lines are run but I know if you flush the toilet it doesn't impact the shower in this house so they split pretty far away. At least when they remove the ceiling I'm going to see what I can do to insulate this thing so it doesn't happen again.

Originally Posted by eDave:
I have a feeling you won't be alone when things thaw. Augh.
Sounds like that was today, every plumber is like we can put you on our emergency list but there are like 20 people already on there.
[Reply]
Pants 04:38 PM 02-17-2021
No it was our master bathroom, it froze overnight 2 days ago, nothing I could do to thaw the pipes because of where they are. Not sure how the lines are run but I know if you flush the toilet it doesn't impact the shower in this house so they split pretty far away. At least when they remove the ceiling I'm going to see what I can do to insulate this thing so it doesn't happen again.
Gotcha, man. I'm so sorry about it all. Sounds freaking brutal. :-)

I know at least one of our neighbors had their pipes burst.

It's just been an unbelievable few days.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:55 PM 02-17-2021
Shark fittings are hot right now.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:59 PM 02-17-2021
Just returned from AZ to IN. I ****ing want to go back.

Looks like 22 all night with a high of 22 tomorrow. 4" of snow on top of the 8 on the ground.

It was 2 this morning.
[Reply]
2112 05:02 PM 02-17-2021
Do you have insulated garage doors? I had the same shit happen to me in a deep freeze but I was lucky. It never broke but it wouldn’t fill the toilet after you flushed it. So after that I left the flap open a bit in the toilet over night. I’d rather pay a big water bill than have to deal with that shit. Good luck man
[Reply]
Pablo 05:05 PM 02-17-2021
Basement bath line burst. Got it shut off before it did real damage. Just got the unfinished area and vinyl flooring in the bath and doorway but not the carpeted truly finished area. Really cool but now we wait for a plumber. We're on the list lol.
[Reply]
2112 05:17 PM 02-17-2021
Just an FYI guys, your hot water line will freeze faster than your cold water line. Keep both of them running.
[Reply]
Sorce 05:25 PM 02-17-2021
Plumber is here now, apparently nobody wants to pay a 250 emergency fee. I'm like just get it fixed. He found the broken pipe so hopefully it's working tonight.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:32 PM 02-17-2021
Jesus. Sorry guys. Nothing I hate more than plumbing problems.
[Reply]
Sorce 05:42 PM 02-17-2021
And fixed, apparently the 250 was a minimum charge so the fix cost 250.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 55
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up