ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 55
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:37 PM 02-13-2021
Little colder here, but only 7”-10” snow forecast through Monday. It has not been pleasant feeding cattle and chopping ice last few days. Not looking forward to tomorrow and Monday! :-(
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 06:50 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
When I woke up it was -22 here at the house. It has warmed up to a steamy -7.

Tonight they are calling for -24 with -40 wind chills. Tomorrow's high, -6 with wind chills of -40 to -45. This crap has been going on for a couple of weeks. It's the coldest stretch I can remember for several years, decades to be honest. FINALLY the coldest stuff is going to move on next week with a high Tuesday of 28, which is going to feel like a tropical breeze after the stuff. I may have to dig out some shorts, the keens and a beater.
Grab the clubs next weekend or hit the river with those rising temps!
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:31 PM 02-13-2021
Got the fireplace rolling and I'm nice and warm. Now if I have to step outside the door...that's another story.
[Reply]
Stewie 07:39 PM 02-13-2021
Toasty in the house. Glad I did maintenance on the humidifier last fall.

3 degrees outside. A low of -13 is forecast for Monday night. Furnace, oh furnace, keep on keepin' on.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:47 PM 02-13-2021
I played 18 holes yesterday here in The Villages, it was 85 degrees. We've got a front coming through tonight with a lot of rain, and it will be off and on rain tomorrow. Doesn't look good for finishing the Daytona 500 tomorrow. Afterwards Tuesday's high will only be 69.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:59 PM 02-13-2021
Currently -1 and snowing.

Lovely.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:17 PM 02-13-2021
I like it when it gets this cold.. The wife lets me “warm her up” every nite..
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 09:24 PM 02-13-2021
Hi frens. 78. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:42 PM 02-13-2021
Went out for a family dinner tonight. It was 7 when we left, 0 when we got home.

Wiper fluid really doesn't do shit when it's 0 outside and you're doing 80 on the interstate.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:03 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I like it when it gets this cold.. The wife lets me “warm her up” every nite..
And it all starts with a perfectly innocent backrub...
[Reply]
stevieray 10:23 PM 02-13-2021
Gas fireplace in the bedroom.

toasty.

thankful.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 AM 02-14-2021
I love the cold until it snows or gets below zero. No yard work. Lower electric bill. And anything over 80 degeees is miserable.
[Reply]
2112 12:40 AM 02-14-2021
It’s been snowing here every other day and hasn’t been above 32 degrees for the past two weeks. Lows in the teens, but with over a foot of snowpack it feels colder. Im ready for some 35-40 degree warmth
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:43 AM 02-14-2021
Greetings from Hermosa Beach, CA. highs in the 60's. Best weather in the world year round :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 01:14 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Grab the clubs next weekend or hit the river with those rising temps!

There you go!

One thing I learned, is the fact that roof/gutter heating cables aren't worth a crap when it gets this cold. I have a very slight grade on the garage roof and I had issues with ice dams a few years ago. I countered by installing the heated plugin cable to melt the snow and ice to prevent that. It worked great last year, but we didn't see temperatures this low.

When this latest polar blast arrived along with a bunch of snow, I plugged them in again. Turns out when it gets this cold, they don't work. My gutters are packed full of ice again and I'm dealing with ice dams. I need to figure something out before I have water flow back up to a heating vent, which will result in having water enter the garage, like it did a few years ago.

Last time this happened, I had to grab a dead blow hammer and beat the ice out of the gutter and off the edge of the roof. That worked fine, but it also raised hell with the gutter. I just had new gutters installed right before this last cold front arrived, so I'm not anxious about going that direction.

Salt doesn't work well when it's this cold either. The direction to go, would be to use a steamer, but I can't find an industrial grade unit to rent, and I'm not going drop several grand to buy something I would use at most, twice a year. The idea of wandering around on an ice covered roof, doesn't get me excited either.

Time to MacGyver something, I just haven't figured out what yet.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 55
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up