Terrace Marshall 7 19.44%
Alex Leatherwood 2 5.56%
Dillon Radunz 1 2.78%
Kadarius Toney 1 2.78%
Pat Freiermuth 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Who are you taking in this scenario?
staylor26 08:33 PM 03-30-2021
7 tackles go before 31. Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Jenkins, Eichenberg, and Cosmi are all off the board and the Chiefs either chose not to trade up or couldn’t.

Paye, Oweh, and Phillips are also off the board. As is Rashod Bateman.

Trade down isn’t an option.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I mention Juju because he plays with a lot of physicality. He's a lesser version of Sammy Watkins to me. But I can name many larger framed receivers that Andy had in Philly, some that he drafted. There's a place in Andy's offenses for large receivers and he's pursued some
There’s different types of “larger” receivers. A lot of people are clamoring for a “jump ball” guy. That’s NOT Sammy Watkins. Can you name the last one Andy had? Has Andy ever had a guy like Andre Johnson, for example?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:30 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There’s different types of “larger” receivers. A lot of people are clamoring for a “jump ball” guy. That’s NOT Sammy Watkins. Can you name the last one Andy had? Has Andy ever had a guy like Andre Johnson, for example?
Andre Johnson and TO were pretty similar. He had other big receivers in Philly, I know Desean Jackson and Torry Smith got all the shine, but Hank baskett did ok with them . Before that I remember Billy Macmullen had baseball gloves for hands at UVa and Andy drafted him. Kelvin Benjamin is strictly a jump ball, box you out type of receiver, Andy tried it I wish it would have worked out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:38 PM 04-10-2021
Don't get hung up on JOK being a linebacker. Yeah, he's 221 pounds. He also plays like a LB in a safety's body. He can cover TE's, he can play slot. He can literally do everything in the back 7 except cover WR's on the outside.

He's a special talent.
So... he's Derwin James, except not a broke dick?

Thinking of it that way puts it in some real perspective.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 04-10-2021
Andre Johnson and TO were pretty similar. He had other big receivers in Philly, I know Desean Jackson and Torry Smith got all the shine, but Hank baskett did ok with them . Before that I remember Billy Macmullen had baseball gloves for hands at UVa and Andy drafted him. Kelvin Benjamin is strictly a jump ball, box you out type of receiver, Andy tried it I wish it would have worked out.
You basically just named a bunch of flame outs. TO is really the entire list, hence my point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So... he's Derwin James, except not a broke dick?

Thinking of it that way puts it in some real perspective.
Kind of. Never thought of it that way but yeah, that’s actually an interesting way to think about it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:57 PM 04-10-2021
Kind of. Never thought of it that way but yeah, that’s actually an interesting way to think about it.

Seeing the list of his skills that way made me think of James.

It’s the same list. Basically “does everything on back 7 except cover outside WR 1x1.”
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:59 PM 04-10-2021
You basically just named a bunch of flame outs. TO is really the entire list, hence my point.
Outside of Torry Smith and Desean Jackson..... Who's the next best receiver Andy had before coming here? Jason Avant? My point is Andy doesn't only value smaller receivers. The fact that he even tried with those "Flame outs" proves my point
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:03 PM 04-10-2021
Outside of Torry Smith and Desean Jackson..... Who's the next best receiver Andy had before coming here? Jason Avant? My point is Andy doesn't only value smaller receivers. The fact that he even tried with those "Flame outs" proves my point
Again, there is more than one kind of bigger receiver. Sammy Watkins is 6’2” and built more like a RB. There’s still nothing about his game that resembles a guy like DK Metcalf, who is often mentioned as the type of guy who people want.

Stop focusing just in size and look at the actual style of play. Who is the last WR that Andy had that was in the mold of Metcalf not named Terrell Owens. I can’t think of a single one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:13 PM 04-10-2021
Andre Johnson and TO were pretty similar. He had other big receivers in Philly, I know Desean Jackson and Torry Smith
Torry Smith? Who is this Torry Smith that played for the Eagles and was coached by Andy Reid?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 04:19 PM 04-10-2021
Again, there is more than one kind of bigger receiver. Sammy Watkins is 6’2” and built more like a RB. There’s still nothing about his game that resembles a guy like DK Metcalf, who is often mentioned as the type of guy who people want.

Stop focusing just in size and look at the actual style of play. Who is the last WR that Andy had that was in the mold of Metcalf not named Terrell Owens. I can’t think of a single one.
Dk Metcalfs don't come a dime a dozen, but I asked who's the next best receiver Andy had....Jackson and Smith are the only two marquee receivers I can think of the rest were journey men of all types. To be honest I'm not sure what you're arguing. No Andy hasn't had a star big receiver since TO. My point is that there's a place for a bigger receiver in an Andy Reid offense, whatever the style.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 04-12-2021
Dk Metcalfs don't come a dime a dozen, but I asked who's the next best receiver Andy had....Jackson and Smith are the only two marquee receivers I can think of the rest were journey men of all types. To be honest I'm not sure what you're arguing. No Andy hasn't had a star big receiver since TO. My point is that there's a place for a bigger receiver in an Andy Reid offense, whatever the style.
That's just thing. Everybody says there's a place in Andy's offense for a big, jump-ball guy but nobody can name a single one outside of TO. Even at almost 6'4" Chris Conley was more of a "get open guy" versus a "go up and get it guy".

I think there's plenty of room in Andy's world for big WR's but I don't think that size will equate to jump ball skills like people are wanting. Andy just doesn't seem to value those guys at all.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:35 AM 04-12-2021
I don't like any of those options but I probably settle for Rosseau.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:08 PM 04-12-2021
That's just thing. Everybody says there's a place in Andy's offense for a big, jump-ball guy but nobody can name a single one outside of TO. Even at almost 6'4" Chris Conley was more of a "get open guy" versus a "go up and get it guy".

I think there's plenty of room in Andy's world for big WR's but I don't think that size will equate to jump ball skills like people are wanting. Andy just doesn't seem to value those guys at all.
I don't know who's hung up on "jump ball skills". The average DB is probably around 5'11 190. I just don't like the thought of matching up unfavorably across the board to opposing DBs measurement wise. I just think you're putting yourself at a disadvantage with blocking, there's a smaller margin for error throwing.....the windows get tighter.

And can someone explain to me why D-Rob is still on this team and Conley isn't?
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:57 PM 04-12-2021
I don't know who's hung up on "jump ball skills". The average DB is probably around 5'11 190. I just don't like the thought of matching up unfavorably across the board to opposing DBs measurement wise. I just think you're putting yourself at a disadvantage with blocking, there's a smaller margin for error throwing.....the windows get tighter.

And can someone explain to me why D-Rob is still on this team and Conley isn't?
I can understand WRs having a disadvantage in blocking if they are weak and skinny but if they are short, strong and give great effort, a short guy can block better than a tall, skinny guy with poor effort. So, height is not necessarily an indicator in blocking.

And I’d argue the opposite on windows for a wr with elite change of direction. Breaking quickly on your cuts in your routes creates larger windows. And having the football iq to read zones. A larger wr could mean smaller windows if they don’t create separation. Larger catch radius doesn’t mean a larger window for the qb to throw to.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:34 PM 04-12-2021
We have the best WR in the league under 6ft..... After him the next ones that come to mind is Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham. Anybody else, to me, are imposters. Size matters. All that cutting and superb route running is great until you get into a game where the refs let DBs put their hands up your jersey like a puppeteer.

But I've said this before...I would take lightning in a baby bottle before I would take a 6'5 tomato can
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up