ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3343 of 3903
« First < 2343284332433293333333393340334133423343 33443345334633473353339334433843 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 04:35 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Letting each state decide can only allow politics into the equation.

Why? Politics is already in the equation.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:50 PM 12-22-2020
Finally something we can all agree on. Politicians who break their own rules can get fucked. If a rule can't even be followed by those who passed it, it's a bad rule. And this is from someone who is generally fine with COVID-related restrictions.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:29 PM 12-22-2020
All you're going to get is some lame assed apology only because they were busted.

We've become pretty apathetic/pathetic about truly holding our "leaders" accountable.
[Reply]
TLO 05:34 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
All you're going to get is some lame assed apology only because they were busted.
Oh it's worse than that. She's trying to play the victim role. Fuck that.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:37 PM 12-22-2020
Turns out people don't like being shamed
[Reply]
stevieray 05:40 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Oh it's worse than that. She's trying to play the victim role. **** that.
wow.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:42 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Why? Politics is already in the equation.
I'm aware of the political involvement. Just wish it wasnt so blatant. I was hoping that with a pandemic ending vaccine maybe just maybe we could be apolitical on this one. Just scientific based decisions on who goes first and next etc.

I'd not have an issue with 70+ year old people getting it before young healthy grocery workers. Just announce it at the office, governors mansion etc. To announce it in the largest retirement community in America, well thats politics instead of lets protect the elderly first. I'm sure every governor on both sides will be trying to curry favor with voters, thats what they do. Not just one side will be doing this crap.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:07 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Contrary to popular belief I have always been this way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yup especially compared to Dinger bat
[Reply]
O.city 06:43 PM 12-22-2020
I hate we don’t follow standards. Letting each state decide can only allow politics into the equation.
—————————————————————————————

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday declared elderly Floridians will be next in line to get vaccinated for COVID-19, before essential workers and younger people with underlying health conditions, cementing the state’s position in a shifting public health policy debate.

During a press conference in The Villages retirement community, DeSantis said the state will be prioritizing people over the age of 70 for the next round of vaccine doses. He bristled at proposed recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that would give the vaccine to essential workers and adults of any age with certain underlying conditions at the same time, in Phase 1b of the rollout.
If the only thing you’re looking to do is lower the death rate, this is ideal.

But vaccinating essential workers and such helps keep the economy going.

Tough trade offs
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:48 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Tough trade offs
Considering that one of the most frequent laments in this thread is "the deaths", it seems DeSantis is doing exactly what people want - trying to lower the death rate as quickly as possible.
[Reply]
O.city 06:50 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Considering that one of the most frequent laments in this thread is "the deaths", it seems DeSantis is doing exactly what people want - trying to lower the death rate as quickly as possible.
Yep.

It’s a very nuanced discussion though, which means, not well suited for chiefsplanet. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:40 PM 12-22-2020
I guess that's true if the spread by those other populations is under control or if the vaccinations are going to happen quickly for the entire population. They're bailing water out of a bucket that's being filled, and it seems like turning off the spigot might be a better long term solution. But if the vaccinations are fast enough that there's not a long-term timeline, then this would be the way to go.

I hope that they've got some people who modeled it and came up with a recommendation, because that shouldn't be an overly difficult process. But it's Florida and that governor seems like he's not very bright, so the initial smell is they're taking a short-term approach in an attempt to make the governor look good.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Tough trade offs
As I said, I can see how decreasing the death rate would take priority. That’s not a way out there opinion. Legit view on things. I just wished they would stick to the merits and not have a political rally at the same time. You know we are going to hear politicians on both sides doing the same thing.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:57 PM 12-22-2020
I hate we don’t follow standards. Letting each state decide can only allow politics into the equation.
—————————————————————————————

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday declared elderly Floridians will be next in line to get vaccinated for COVID-19, before essential workers and younger people with underlying health conditions, cementing the state’s position in a shifting public health policy debate.

During a press conference in The Villages retirement community, DeSantis said the state will be prioritizing people over the age of 70 for the next round of vaccine doses. He bristled at proposed recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that would give the vaccine to essential workers and adults of any age with certain underlying conditions at the same time, in Phase 1b of the rollout.

What age group has the most deaths?
[Reply]
O.city 07:59 PM 12-22-2020
Inoculating the essential workers and such would be the best way and fastest way to keep the economy going while you are building up vaccines for everyone.

Seems like that would be what everyone whose biggest concern was the economy and such would prefer
[Reply]
Page 3343 of 3903
« First < 2343284332433293333333393340334133423343 33443345334633473353339334433843 > Last »
Up