ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>HBO The Outsider
SAGA45 10:12 AM 01-13-2020
This is pretty good. Slow burn...creepy as hell. Great acting everywhere.
[Reply]
sully1983 02:21 PM 01-13-2020
Yeah I really dug the premiere! Jason Bateman is a good dramatic actor and he directed the 1st episode very well. I will stick with this one for sure.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:52 PM 01-13-2020
My friend is a writer on second season, so he's read the first. He said it gets wild.
[Reply]
rydogg58 09:59 PM 01-14-2020
Watched both episodes tonight. It's pretty damn good. Got a mixture of True Detective meets Castle Rock feel. I vaguely remembered reading this book and then it dawned on me that I never finished it. I'll have to see if I still got it so I can finish it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:07 PM 01-15-2020
This shit doesn’t fuck around.
[Reply]
FanXiche 03:16 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Watched both episodes tonight. It's pretty damn good. Got a mixture of True Detective meets Castle Rock feel. I vaguely remembered reading this book and then it dawned on me that I never finished it. I'll have to see if I still got it so I can finish it.
You got me interested in it.It is time to......
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:57 AM 01-16-2020
I saw the first two episodes. It started out pretty straightforward, but since Stephen King wrote it, I was wondering how it would evolve. This doppelganger angle seems like something he would pursue, except the fingerprints and DNA all match Bateman, that's the mystery. I'm sort of getting a Donnie Darko image in my head, a movie I really liked. Where things are normal and suddenly a rabbit appears or that thing came out of his body like the photo below. It's very good, can't wait for episode 3. I noticed Bateman's lawyer, played by Bill Camp, was the arresting detective in "The Night Of", a really good HBO mini series from two years ago.

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I saw the first two episodes. It started out pretty straightforward, but since Stephen King wrote it, I was wondering how it would evolve. This doppelganger angle seems like something he would pursue, except the fingerprints and DNA all match Bateman, that's the mystery. I'm sort of getting a Donnie Darko image in my head, a movie I really liked. Where things are normal and suddenly a rabbit appears or that thing came out of his body like the photo below. It's very good, can't wait for episode 3. I noticed Bateman's lawyer, played by Bill Camp, was the arresting detective in "The Night Of", a really good HBO mini series from two years ago.

I think they can get there with the nurse that cut him and bandaged his hand.

Of course that could be misdirection also.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:16 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:

THAT'S IT!! I was wondering where I saw that actor before..
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:23 AM 01-18-2020
The 'I taught your kid to bunt' scene was masterful tv. Really enjoying this.
[Reply]
KCwolf 07:35 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I couldn't agree more .... incredible scene.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:54 AM 01-18-2020
Really was. Powerful shit. And Mendhelson is killing it too there are a lot of places he could stub his toe, but I really feel it. All of it. Old experienced cop, grieving for his kid, guilt about what went down, the whole bit.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:53 AM 01-19-2020
Great show already...

Definitely a slow burn but reminds me of true detective. Can't wait to see this unfold.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:34 PM 01-19-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Great show already...

Definitely a slow burn but reminds me of true detective. Can't wait to see this unfold.
Kind of. A LOT of shit has happened in 2 episodes.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:07 PM 01-19-2020
yeah that got me
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up