ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tiger Woods
Hamwallet 04:13 PM 03-11-2018
Anyone else watch golf for the first time in a long time today? He seems to be getting back to form. He was right in it today, next week is Bay Hill, that dude lived on the course for a LONG time.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:24 AM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Since I watch golf and you don't, I'll tell you every broadcast tries to pump up the "new generation" of golfers and golf channel does the same endlessly.
I don't follow golf.

I do listen to ESPN radio going to and from work as well as smoke breaks and all they do is blow Tiger.

I don't watch but at this point I do hope he goes out with some success. Win a major, smile for the crowd, ride off into the sunset...
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 09:34 AM 08-13-2018
Being there two days, it's obv how much he carries the sport. I love golf and watch it religiously but casual fans don't and his presence this week made the tourney. All the players know it. The game has always yielded to a new personality but it hasn't since he faded. DJ, Koepka, Rory, Spieth, Thomas - no personalities, no intrigue.

He was the energy of that entire place. I'd hear monster roars from across the course and every time, you could tell it was him if it was louder than shit.
You were there and didn't follow Tiger who were you watching?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:39 AM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
You were there and didn't follow Tiger who were you watching?
That fat white guy that went to my high school and didn't make the cut.

You know, that one that spent $12g's on hookers and blow at the Lake of the Ozarks...:-)
[Reply]
Jerm 09:48 AM 08-13-2018
Since I watch golf and you don't, I'll tell you every broadcast tries to pump up the "new generation" of golfers and golf channel does the same endlessly.
I think a lot of it for me at least is that professional golf is all very similar nowadays and pretty bleh...

In Tiger's heyday he bombed it past everyone, was clutch as hell, and pulled off shots that simply no one else could...it was intriguing to watch and it was really interesting trying to see other players try to keep up and figure out ways to beat him.

Today EVERYONE bombs it, there isn't much strategy, and it's just a matter of who can make putts...

Shot making and course difficulty has been rendered almost obsolete....I mean honestly a lot of the time, it's boring to watch.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:46 PM 08-13-2018
I guess all those comments I have in the golf threads during tournaments must be from me not watching golf. Moreover, "pumping up the new generation of golfers," was done precisely because everyone knew that golf needed Tiger Woods for ratings and that something was missing in his stead, and you can't talk endlessly about someone who isn't playing. Thanks for proving my point, though.
[Reply]
otherstar 01:49 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:

You know, that one that spent $12g's on hookers and blow at the Lake of the Ozarks...:-)
John Daly? :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:57 PM 08-13-2018
Tiger was +3 after his first two holes Thur.

There's your final margin.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:57 PM 08-13-2018

Mickelson?
[Reply]
srvy 04:41 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I think a lot of it for me at least is that professional golf is all very similar nowadays and pretty bleh...

In Tiger's heyday he bombed it past everyone, was clutch as hell, and pulled off shots that simply no one else could...it was intriguing to watch and it was really interesting trying to see other players try to keep up and figure out ways to beat him.

Today EVERYONE bombs it, there isn't much strategy, and it's just a matter of who can make putts...

Shot making and course difficulty has been rendered almost obsolete....I mean honestly a lot of the time, it's boring to watch.
Jack Nicklaus was bombing 300 yard drives in his prime with persimmon wood heads steel shafts and very low tech balls considering today. Jack may have hit it 380 with todays tech in his prime.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:45 PM 08-13-2018
When I played in college, I saw D2 golfers who hit their driver straighter and better than Tiger is now. He's below average on tour hitting his driver and off the tee. Probably should almost hit his stringer every time off the tee.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:47 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Jack Nicklaus was bombing 300 yard drives in his prime with persimmon wood heads steel shafts and very low tech balls considering today. Jack may have hit it 380 with todays tech in his prime.
https://www.pga.com/golf-instruction...dern-equipment
[Reply]
BWillie 05:03 PM 08-13-2018

Who was it?

I played in an AJGA event with Kevin Na circa 2001 at Ironhorse in Leawood. He seemed like a nice guy. I was definitely one of the worst kids in that event and he put up with me quite well. He got like 2nd or 3rd I think while I beat like 10 people in the field. :-)

I used to caddy for the Nike & Buy.com tour when they came to Dakota Dunes. My buddy caddied for Jason Gore in a Nike Tour event, said the guy was one of the coolest dudes ever. I usually got random chodes, Steve Woods (no relation to Tiger) was one I had one year. Don't even remember the other ones. Always the nicest dudes ever though.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:03 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When I played in college, I saw D2 golfers who hit their driver straighter and better than Tiger is now. He's below average on tour hitting his driver and off the tee. Probably should almost hit his stringer every time off the tee.
Then he'd be hitting mid to long irons into almost every long par 4. He's better off rolling the dice off the tee.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:31 PM 08-13-2018
FWIW, he is 127th in strokes gained off the tee, losing an average of 0.055 shots per round to the field.

Ken Duke is first on tour in driving accuracy, hitting almost 78 percent of his fairways. He is 164th in strokes gained off the tee, losing -0.239 strokes per round to the field. His driving average is 271 yards.

So, if Tiger can hit his stinger 270 yards on average (he can't) and hit 80 percent of the fairways doing so, he'll actually end up losing strokes to the field.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:32 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Nobody would be blowing it 40 past Koepka

That's not humanly possible
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up