« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:25 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Regardless of where Niang plays, I'm betting they intend Remmers to be the swing tackle, not the starting RT.
Intended, yes. But he’s a decent enough backup plan to be a starter at RT if it works out that way.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:26 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Let’s not forget, Reid also said the door is open for the return of Fisher and Schwartz.
Would love if Schwartz could get it figured out and bounce back, but I'm very doubtful given that he couldn't even put his own shoe on a couple weeks ago.

Love that SOB, and I'm pulling for him, but I fear he's done-done.

I think the draft will tell us a lot about how they view the OL (specifically Tackle) vs. how we (fans/CP) view the OL.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:29 AM 04-19-2021
Could be nothing but if Niang is their plan at LT....then this draft just opened up way more.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:30 AM 04-19-2021
Niang has never been a LT tho....
[Reply]
In58men 10:31 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Could be nothing but if Niang is their plan at LT....then this draft just opened up way more.
Fuck it! Trade up for JOK and Dyami Brown in the 2nd. OL gonna be alright.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:35 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yup. I think Andy does not want to have 2 OT’s with zero NFL experience blocking for his prized $500 million QB
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:36 AM 04-19-2021
You need more than one LT. If they like Niang there I think it opens up 31 to other positions but we still take one in round 2 or 3.

I have been thinking they are leaning that way anyways.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 04-19-2021
I'd be hesitant to believe anything they say right now. It's lying season.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:42 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I know nothing about the technical aspect of playing RT versus LT. Aren't the two positions basically mirror images of each other, with the major difference being the added pressure on an LT to protect the blind side of the QB? Assuming the QB is right-handed.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:44 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
The transition from left to right and right to left is tricky, but some guys do okay at it, particularly if they're young and make that a primary focus of their offseason training.

At the very least, I'm glad to hear the Chiefs are considering Niang as an option. It could work out well. Or they'll try it for a practice or two, shake their heads, and go, "Ehhh... you really should be a right tackle, ya know..."
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:50 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I know nothing about the technical aspect of playing RT versus LT. Aren't the two positions basically mirror images of each other, with the major difference being the added pressure on an LT to protect the blind side of the QB? Assuming the QB is right-handed.
Yeah, but mastering the technique as a mirror image is pretty damn tough if you've been doing it one way for most of your football life. Everything that was once smooth and done without thinking feels unnatural, and some guys end up really struggling.

It's why Eric Fisher looked like an elephant on roller skates at RT his rookie year. If he had been our starting LT in 2013, he would have looked waaaay better right out of the gate.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:50 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The transition from left to right and right to left is tricky, but some guys do okay at it, particularly if they're young and make that a primary focus of their offseason training.

At the very least, I'm glad to hear the Chiefs are considering Niang as an option. It could work out well. Or they'll try it for a practice or two, shake their heads, and go, "Ehhh... you really should be a right tackle, ya know..."
Yeah Remmers was ok at right tackle but a mess at left...
[Reply]
In58men 10:52 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd be hesitant to believe anything they say right now. It's lying season.
We really don’t do much of this though, we’re not a team to throw out smokescreens.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:54 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
We really don’t do much of this though, we’re not a team to throw out smokescreens.
Lol wut?

Veach literally said they expected Fisher and Schwartz back for camp just to cut them a few weeks later.
[Reply]
In58men 10:56 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol wut?

Veach literally said they expected Fisher and Schwartz back for camp just to cut them a few weeks later.
Has camp started?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 46
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up