ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 884 of 3903
« First < 384784834874880881882883884 88588688788889493498413841884 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
AustinChief 12:31 AM 03-29-2020
Probably already posted but...

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...Kgp9cjViKBMsZ4

Originally Posted by :
We need an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration. In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin we noted a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74 year old patient still in intensive care unit. A rapid fall of nasopharyngeal viral load tested by qPCR was noted, with 83% negative at Day7, and 93% at Day8. Virus cultures from patient respiratory samples were negative in 97.5% patients at Day5. This allowed patients to rapidly de discharge from highly contagious wards with a mean length of stay of five days. We believe other teams should urgently evaluate this cost-effective therapeutic strategy, to both avoid the spread of the disease and treat patients as soon as possible before severe respiratory irreversible complications take hold.
A follow up to the original French study but this time with more patients... but also no control group. It will be interesting if New York's current study is following the same procedures. If so, there should be preliminary results by Sunday. If the results match up then there is no reason to not start removing restrictions as soon as our supply chain can handle possible demand for AZ and HCQ. For those spreading doom and gloom about hoarding and a lack of HCQ... the fact is, there is plenty out there, it is just a matter of getting in the right places. It should only take one z-pak (6 x 250mg tablets) and 20-30 200 mg HCQ to treat each patient. By next week we should have an additional 5-10 MILLION HCQ tablets available here in the US. That is enough to treat every known case we have.

Fingers crossed that we start to see substantial proof of its effectiveness early next week.

Just to be clear though, there are many (especially elderly with comorbidities) Covid-19 victims who are going to be too far along to help. A doctor in Italy pointed this out as a major problem for them, many of the people there who have died were on the way out regardless and Covid-19 was the enough to push them over the edge.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:24 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
https://m.sfgate.com/coronavirus/art...e-15164242.php

81k death by aug 2020.
They’re saying we’re going to peak in April. That’s actually good news.

And if their numbers are correct it would be about 2x the normal flu. The lockdowns will end up saving a lot of lives if this report is accurate.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:26 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Probably already posted but...

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...Kgp9cjViKBMsZ4

A follow up to the original French study but this time with more patients... but also no control group. It will be interesting if New York's current study is following the same procedures. If so, there should be preliminary results by Sunday. If the results match up then there is no reason to not start removing restrictions as soon as our supply chain can handle possible demand for AZ and HCQ. For those spreading doom and gloom about hoarding and a lack of HCQ... the fact is, there is plenty out there, it is just a matter of getting in the right places. It should only take one z-pak (6 x 250mg tablets) and 20-30 200 mg HCQ to treat each patient. By next week we should have an additional 5-10 MILLION HCQ tablets available here in the US. That is enough to treat every known case we have.

Fingers crossed that we start to see substantial proof of its effectiveness early next week.

Just to be clear though, there are many (especially elderly with comorbidities) Covid-19 victims who are going to be too far along to help. A doctor in Italy pointed this out as a major problem for them, many of the people there who have died were on the way out regardless and Covid-19 was the enough to push them over the edge.
Would be amazing news.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:27 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
THE Covid video you should watch. Really well done.

Does anyone really believe that China, a country damn near the same size as the US but with 1 billion more people crammed in it, has "beaten" covid-19? Their "recovered" patients test negative and then positive.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:30 AM 03-29-2020
N.Y.C.’s 911 System Is Overwhelmed. ‘I’m Terrified,’ a Paramedic Says.

With coronavirus cases mounting, emergency workers are making life-or-death decisions about who goes to a hospital, and who is left behind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/n...virus-ems.html
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 01:34 AM 03-29-2020
Rightfully so. We’re about to witness territory never seen, only read, in the next two weeks. I hope I’m wrong.
[Reply]
Three7s 06:41 AM 03-29-2020
Do you ever stop, OH?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:12 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Three7s:
Do you ever stop, OH?
Some of our healthcare providers are in a horrible situation right now. Nothing wrong with his post.
[Reply]
Donger 07:17 AM 03-29-2020
While I'm not downplaying this bug at all, can you imagine if next year during "flu season," the same kind of focus on new case growth and deaths was reported daily?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:25 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
For those spreading doom and gloom about hoarding and a lack of HCQ... the fact is, there is plenty out there, it is just a matter of getting in the right places. It should only take one z-pak (6 x 250mg tablets) and 20-30 200 mg HCQ to treat each patient. By next week we should have an additional 5-10 MILLION HCQ tablet.
That's funny, because the pharmacists I know, including ones at stores that process 1000 prescriptions per day, are down to a handful and are holding them for RA and lupus patients that have been established customers for years. I know floaters who tell me that every store in their district is down to less than 100.

Unless you have an account with McKesson or Cardinal, you have no idea.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:33 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Three7s:
Do you ever stop, OH?
When the president is considering locking down a region and military is being sent in thats BAD. We are seeing the worst case scenario playing out in our biggest city.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:36 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
While I'm not downplaying this bug at all, can you imagine if next year during "flu season," the same kind of focus on new case growth and deaths was reported daily?
Bad comparison for a ton of reasons but I get your point. I was hanging out w some friends yesterday and they both talked about how after this is over people are going to be more cautious while in nightclubs and girls will be less willing to dance. I thought that was a bit ridiculous.

When this is over you gotta live life to the fullest you only get one. With how safe and cautious they are now being w this virus when nightclubs are back open it will be safe for everyone otherwise they wouldn't be open.

For now we all have to play it safe but once this is over I'm not going to live any different than how I used to.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:40 AM 03-29-2020

Very sad news, former Broncos WR Orlando McDaniel passed away at age 59, reportedly complications from Coronavirus... #fb

— Jim Saccomano (@broncos_sacco) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 07:42 AM 03-29-2020
https://twitter.com/scottgottliebmd/...686057985?s=21

Good info on where we go from here
[Reply]
Donger 07:43 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Bad comparison for a ton of reasons.
I'm well-aware of the differences, but can you imagine seeing a map or chart showing 60 million infections and 10,000 deaths every year?
[Reply]
Page 884 of 3903
« First < 384784834874880881882883884 88588688788889493498413841884 > Last »
Up