ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 786 of 3903
« First < 286686736776782783784785786 78778878979079683688612861786 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 01:14 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Unfortunately this was not the cure as prescribed by Dr. Zelenko, which is highly effective and has resulted in zero deaths. Important distinction.
You don't know if it's effective or not, GoChiefs. You're taking his word, and his creepy and political video, as fact. It's obvious what you're doing. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:15 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
If true, this could really be a great breakthrough. What kind of positive results from treatment are they having?
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:16 PM 03-26-2020
I think we are going to start hearing more about this but Covid deaths\cases are being way under reported for various reasons.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tors-hospitals
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:17 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Under normal circumstances, no, I agree. The fact remains that there have been people who have heard about the magic cure during this pandemic and have died trying it.
There has been a single person who drank fish parasite treatment and died.

The "Darwin Awards" exist for a reason. There is a cottage industry of people doing foolish things for a variety of reasons (including fear) and getting themselves killed.

What that has to do with a football board full of people who are well versed on the history of other posters is completely beyond me.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:17 PM 03-26-2020
Claiming things that aren't proven as fact is irresponsible, and potentially dangerous. We have people here who are seriously scared and might act upon that unproven claim.
There’s an overload of information out there right now

I don’t know how accurate Clays info is, but the same could likely be said for a lot of posters here... real, well meaning medical professionals still can’t fully agree on some aspects of this

Doctor A says hydrochloroquine and Zpacs work

Doctor B says it doesn’t

Etc etc etc
[Reply]
loochy 01:17 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If true, this could really be a great breakthrough. What kind of positive results from treatment are they having?
We're waiting. They have to administer the medication for the complete recommended course, then they have to retest the patients, then they have to wait on the test results, then they'll have to publish the data. Maybe we'll hear real results in a month.
[Reply]
F150 01:17 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Yes. Everyone with a social security number and American (resident / citizen) will get money. 90%

seems not

Will be based on 2018 Tax return

Limits will apply to individuals and filing jointly

Will piss a ton of people off who get zero cause they made too much in 18 and are out of work entirely now...

Unless they change the plan
[Reply]
carlos3652 01:17 PM 03-26-2020
UK has now officially surpassed the 100 deaths per day threshold. Will be interesting to see if it was an anomaly or they go back to their average they have been staying at for the past week (50ish per day)

They hit 87 two days ago, then 41, now 115
[Reply]
burt 01:18 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think we are going to start hearing more about this but Covid deaths\cases are being way under reported for various reasons.

Given that entire countries are locking down, I totally agree. My SO is a Customs Broker. She was emailed today with official travel papers. We took it as a bit ominous. BUT I won't speculate...unlike others...
[Reply]
Monticore 01:18 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Unfortunately this was not the cure as prescribed by Dr. Zelenko, which is highly effective and has resulted in zero deaths. Important distinction.

I think continued info about this cure is certainly worth monitoring in this thread.
Dad he's doing it again.
[Reply]
carlos3652 01:19 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
seems not

Will be based on 2018 Tax return

Limits will apply to individuals and filing jointly

Will piss a ton of people off who get zero cause they made too much in 18 and are out of work entirely now...

Unless they change the plan
Not true.

Originally Posted by carlos3652:
If I read the bill correctly.

If you havent filed 2019, no worries, they will use 2018 to calculate.
If you havent filed 2018, no worries, they will use the social security records to calculate.

For singles - under 75k you get the full 1200.
For married filing jointly - under 150k you get the full 2400.
If you have kids (under 17) 500 each as long as you are under the threshold above.

If you make more, you still get a check of some sort... reduced on income over the amount posted above.

To get 0 -
Single making over 99k,
Married over 198k
You are a dependent on another return.

Pretty sure 90% americans will get something.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...INAL-TEXT.html 883 page bill for you here.

[Reply]
kgrund 01:19 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

If it is speculated here, one can only imagine how WAY WAY off China likely is in virtually everything associated with their handling of this virus.
[Reply]
Donger 01:19 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There has been a single person who drank fish parasite treatment and died.

The "Darwin Awards" exist for a reason. There is a cottage industry of people doing foolish things for a variety of reasons (including fear) and getting themselves killed.

What that has to do with a football board full of people who are well versed on the history of other posters is completely beyond me.
I know. And wouldn't it horrible if someone on here who is having a really hard time dealing with this actually believes that this is a cure and meets a bad end? Perhaps it would be better is such things aren't claimed at all unless and until it becomes fact.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:19 PM 03-26-2020
You don't know if it's effective or not, GoChiefs. You're taking his word, and his creepy and political video, as fact. It's obvious what you're doing. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop.
It is, in fact, effective, not only according to Dr. Zelenko, but several other doctors. It is even in scientific journals.

I think there is no harm in disseminating this information, especially as several countries are now restricting the export of these drugs so they can begin trials.

I will not ask you to stop any of your behavior, it is fine to disagree. Perhaps we can agree to disagree in the future, our interaction seems to drag down this thread.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:20 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-) What the **** does that have to do with anything being discussed here?
I guarantee that having someones brains on you isn’t funny. At least it wasn’t to me.

That you picked that out of all the words I posted suggests you need to take a break from this thread. Your aggressive posts are a daily occurrence.

We were discussing fluids, possible infectious material gettting on healthcare workers when they don’t have the proper PPE. That information was relevant.
[Reply]
Page 786 of 3903
« First < 286686736776782783784785786 78778878979079683688612861786 > Last »
Up