ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
Sure-Oz 10:35 AM 05-22-2019
@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 PM 12-16-2020
Going to watch this for a 3rd time tonight.

Enjoyed it the first time, but I was very confused and had to watch a couple videos on YT. The 2nd time was MUCH better.

Like Dunkirk, it might be one of Nolan’s “worst”, but it’s still an 8/10 for me :-)

And comparing Christopher fucking Nolan to M. Night is a fucking joke :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:13 PM 12-17-2020
I'm glad I read this thread, as when attempting to watch it the first time both the wife and I looked at each other and thought "WTF is going on? Can you hear what anyone is saying?" -- We got about 20 minutes in and turned it off.

I thought I was watching a bad quality stream or something as the dialogue seemed very mumbled and hard to understand. (Looks like a common complaint).

Anyway, I will attempt to watch it again sometime when I can crank the volume and my ears aren't feeling so damn old.

Nolan has been my favorite over the past 2 decades as Batman, Momento, and Inception have been amazing.
[Reply]
noa 04:38 PM 12-19-2020
What the fuck are people talking about in this thread? Dunkirk is a phenomenal movie, and the fact that it made more than half a billion dollars for a lesser known WWII story shows his clout. The dude is firmly cemented as a top critical and box office performer, and that’s not even remotely in jeopardy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:20 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by noa:
What the **** are people talking about in this thread? Dunkirk is a phenomenal movie, and the fact that it made more than half a billion dollars for a lesser known WWII story shows his clout. The dude is firmly cemented as a top critical and box office performer, and that’s not even remotely in jeopardy.
Dunkirk might actually be his best movie which is saying a lot considering his filmography.

As far as Tenet, I still haven't come back to it for a second time yet. Will see if I enjoy it more on a rewatch.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:10 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Dunkirk might actually be his best movie which is saying a lot considering his filmography.

As far as Tenet, I still haven't come back to it for a second time yet. Will see if I enjoy it more on a rewatch.
No way Dunkirk is his best movie but it was well done.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:22 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No way Dunkirk is his best movie but it was well done.
I think it might be objectively. I’m partial to others though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:36 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I think it might be objectively. I’m partial to others though.
I think if you knew nothing about Batman at all ever and watched The Dark Knight it’s probably still Nolan’s best work.

But Dunkirk is probably in the conversation
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:31 PM 12-28-2020
I finally saw Tenet last night and really enjoyed it. I really didn't have any issues with the sound, although one of my kids had some difficulty hearing so I put on the captions about halfway through. I avoided spoilers and this thread because I wanted to see it as "fresh" as possible.

I didn't really find the story to be overly complicated. Nolan always leaves clues in his work as to where the story is going, so I just paid great attention to all of the details of the film, so the 3rd act wasn't a surprise at all for me, because I expected Nolan to once again, warp reality.

The visuals of the "Inverse" were pretty freaking cool, although I found some of the physics to be a bit odd but the moment I saw the truck driving backwards and the green car crash, I knew it was related to whatever reveal by the end of the film. I even thought it was the Protagonist who JDW was wrestling with early in the film and thought they must be the same characters because they knew each other's moves.

The casting was excellent and it was really cool to see Kenneth Branagh as a "bad guy", which like so many of Nolan's films, is really more of a "Point of View" than clear Black & White.

IMO, it was another phenomenal Nolan film and while it could be the start of a franchise, it could quickly become "generic", for lack of a better word, in the wrong hands.

Overall, I thought it was an really cool concept and I was really impressed with Robert Pattinson's performance. I haven't decided where it stands for me in terms of his overall body of work but it's definitely up there, with Inception being my definitive #1 Nolan film.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:10 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I finally saw Tenet last night and really enjoyed it. I really didn't have any issues with the sound, although one of my kids had some difficulty hearing so I put on the captions about halfway through. I avoided spoilers and this thread because I wanted to see it as "fresh" as possible.

I didn't really find the story to be overly complicated. Nolan always leaves clues in his work as to where the story is going, so I just paid great attention to all of the details of the film, so the 3rd act wasn't a surprise at all for me, because I expected Nolan to once again, warp reality.

The visuals of the "Inverse" were pretty freaking cool, although I found some of the physics to be a bit odd but the moment I saw the truck driving backwards and the green car crash, I knew it was related to whatever reveal by the end of the film. I even thought it was the Protagonist who JDW was wrestling with early in the film and thought they must be the same characters because they knew each other's moves.

The casting was excellent and it was really cool to see Kenneth Branagh as a "bad guy", which like so many of Nolan's films, is really more of a "Point of View" than clear Black & White.

IMO, it was another phenomenal Nolan film and while it could be the start of a franchise, it could quickly become "generic", for lack of a better word, in the wrong hands.

Overall, I thought it was an really cool concept and I was really impressed with Robert Pattinson's performance. I haven't decided where it stands for me in terms of his overall body of work but it's definitely up there, with Inception being my definitive #1 Nolan film.
See Post #135
[Reply]
Bowser 12:45 PM 12-29-2020
Well, I'm basically locked in with the ice storm today, so maybe I'll fire this up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:39 PM 12-29-2020
After thinking about this film for a few days, the main thing that sticks with me, outside of the amazing visuals and because JDW is always awesome, is the performance of Robert Pattinson.

I'd never seen him in any movie, ever. All I really knew of the guy was tabloid nonsense and dopey werewolf films that spawned that beast by the name of Kristen Stewart. I didn't think he could "act" because all anyone talked about were his looks and the tabloid shit. And he never really got any substantial and meaty roles, so I had no idea what to expect.

Well motherfuck me, he was fucking outstanding! That dude should be the next Bond, not Tom Hardy. He had that quiet confidence that makes "attractive" men on film, like a Sean Connery, cool as fuck. He's also got the height and physicality for the role.

If Hayden Christensen had been half as cool, the Prequels would have been the greatest movies ever to me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
See Post #135
That's just what he wants you to think...
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:19 AM 12-30-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:08 PM 01-22-2021
As I mentioned some time ago in a related thread, Christopher Nolan is done with Warners.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-to...es-11611247554

After spending years as a top Warner Bros. director, Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed last year’s “Tenet,” is unlikely to return to the studio with his next project, in part because he was disappointed with the studio’s hybrid distribution strategy for 2021, according to people familiar with the matter.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:34 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As I mentioned some time ago in a related thread, Christopher Nolan is done with Warners.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-to...es-11611247554

After spending years as a top Warner Bros. director, Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed last year’s “Tenet,” is unlikely to return to the studio with his next project, in part because he was disappointed with the studio’s hybrid distribution strategy for 2021, according to people familiar with the matter.
So he’s pissed about HBOMax?

He did get his way with Tenet.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up