ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 80
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:42 AM 06-18-2019
I've been on Youtube TV for about 5 days. I like it so far. I do miss the History channel though.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:45 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
****!!!

Why should I, an American citizen, have to pay for an additional teevee service provider whose "services" are inconsistent, unreliable, and deficient?

This is so damn ignorant (on the part of the NFL cabal). Why in the living hell don't they ink a deal with Amazon or NutFlox or Google or somebody?

Idiot freaking moron despicable cretinous buzzard arses.

FAX
All of this, over and over.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:54 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I've been on Youtube TV for about 5 days. I like it so far. I do miss the History channel though.
Can't get your fill of Pawn Stars or Alien Hunters now?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:51 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I ditched DirecTV last year and switched to DirecTV Now. But I put in an antenna and a tuner in my PC for DVR then got rid of DirecTV Now.
You are using your Windows 10 pc as a DVR? What are you using to do that?
[Reply]
Frosty 12:08 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
AT&T has also been seeing a huge decline in DIRECTV subscribers. During the first quarter of 2019, AT&T lost 544,000 traditional pay-TV subscribers from its DIRECTV satellite business and its AT&T U-verse services. But AT&T still has 22.4 million TV subscribers as of April 2019. AT&T did warn that they expect TV losses to continue in 2019.

Just like with satellite radio, two services may not survive but a combined service could. There are still many parts of the United States where broadband is not an option and cable does not reach. For rural Americans, satellite TV is their best option. Yet that is slowly changing as new, far faster satellite Internet is in the works from Amazon and SpaceX, which could help millions of rural Americans join the streaming movement.
If I could get decent internet, I would drop DirecTV in a heartbeat. Actually, if it weren't for football, I would drop it anyway. Way too expensive for what you get.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:30 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Can't get your fill of Pawn Stars or Alien Hunters now?
Pawn stars and American Pickers :-)
[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:51 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Can this be streamed to my TV? Might do this if Reddit gets shut down.
Absolutely, I use chromecast with no issues.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:56 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
If I could get decent internet, I would drop DirecTV in a heartbeat. Actually, if it weren't for football, I would drop it anyway. Way too expensive for what you get.
Maybe some of that Amazon internet will do you right once they start beaming it down?
[Reply]
Frosty 01:58 PM 06-18-2019
Maybe some of that Amazon internet will do you right once they start beaming it down?
God, I hope so. Several years ago, they ran fiber all over this area including across our road about a half mile from our house. It was supposed to help rural areas get high speed internet but I have no idea who benefited from that. We sure didn't. Hughesnet is our only real option currently and it sucks, though sucks less than CenturyLink's "DSL" which wasn't any faster than dial up and was frequently down (all for the low price of $100/month).
[Reply]
Mecca 02:49 PM 06-18-2019
All of these companies realize the market that is streaming so they're all going nuts about illegal streams.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:54 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
All of these companies realize the market that is streaming so they're all going nuts about illegal streams.
I can't believe how slow they are to change. I'd pay for MLB.tv and NHL.tv if they would actually let me watch local market teams. As it is, pirated streams are literally my only option. It's ridiculous.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I can't believe how slow they are to change. I'd pay for MLB.tv and NHL.tv if they would actually let me watch local market teams. As it is, pirated streams are literally my only option. It's ridiculous.
I 100% agree with you but they are all dinosaurs and all they know is that streaming is a money market and people getting it for free isn't ok by them. However they still want local teams and the market that comes from that tv station and people paying for that.

They're literally trying to get people to pay for everything instead of you know being smart about it. At the end of the day what it comes down to is none of those companies want to give anyone a reason to drop cable so they'd rather restrict streaming to make you pay for cable.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:57 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
God, I hope so. Several years ago, they ran fiber all over this area including across our road about a half mile from our house. It was supposed to help rural areas get high speed internet but I have no idea who benefited from that. We sure didn't. Hughesnet is our only real option currently and it sucks, though sucks less than CenturyLink's "DSL" which wasn't any faster than dial up and was frequently down (all for the low price of $100/month).
Good luck, hope one of these comes through for you. Sooner or later they have to figure out affordable high speed internet for rural areas.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:02 PM 06-18-2019
Good luck, hope one of these comes through for you. Sooner or later they have to figure out affordable high speed internet for rural areas.
It's POSSIBLE that SpaceX or Amazon will come through with their new satellite constellations, but no clue what they will cost.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:05 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You are using your Windows 10 pc as a DVR? What are you using to do that?
Yes, I am. I bought a USB tuner card online, then bought the lifetime subscription to Plex. Plex is really good too. It has a user friendly interface, a great guide, and I can view it pretty much anywhere, live TV or recorded. My parents live an hour away and they are able to use it from their Firestick.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 80
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up