ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 80
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
lewdog 03:40 PM 08-18-2018
I'm on now.

New website is fucking shitty!!!
[Reply]
lewdog 04:07 PM 08-18-2018
Way different attitude this time. Spent 40 minutes on the phone talking to 4 different people because no one could figure out what they could actually do. 2 spoke horrible English.

My bill just went up $22 this month as a previous promotional rate expired. I am paying $100 for the second to lowest package. Took me getting passed around to 4 people before they lowered my bill by $25. No bites on Sunday Ticket what-so-ever. I am thinking about cutting the cord for sure.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:07 PM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Reading this years posts vs the posts in past seasons, it looks like since AT&T took over, things have tightened up. It seems like it's considerably harder to talk them into a deal. I'll give it a shot soon. If they aren't willing to play ball, I'll just drop Direct TV altogether and go a different direction myself.

Yeah I canceled last week with a cancel date of September 1st & haven't had a call yet trying to get me to stay.

Looks like Dish for me. They are offering a nice package at $50/month.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 04:35 PM 08-18-2018
I called in to try and get Sunday Ticket and get my 6 month promo for all four premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz) for the discounted rate I have been getting them for. I was told that I couldn't get the discount on all four I had been getting for the last year, but I was given $50 off for a year without having to really try. This did not extend my contract at all.

The lady I spoke with must hate the premium channels because she asked me 3 or 4 times if I want to cancel any of them to save money. After she asked me so many times, she kind of talked me into it and I ended up canceling Cinemax and Starz. I was told I could not get Sunday Ticket, but I'm in KC so it wasn't a huge deal for me. I'll just use Reddit streams to watch any big game I want to watch that's not on locally.

Pretty happy with my experience calling in. This was my first time since I just got DTV last year.
[Reply]
Spokane Chief Fan 09:47 PM 08-18-2018
After reading everybody's experiences I did not expect as good of results as I have ha in the past ten years, but I tried anyhow. I called 1800m directtv and when the automated machine came on I asked for my contract. Someone came on the line and I told them that the only reason I had their service was for Sunday Ticket, I live in Washington state, and that Dish had offered me a $300 dollar card to switch. The young man I was talking to asked if I would hold while he dug around to see what he could do.

After about 10 minutes he came back and gave me $45 a month for 12 months, which equals out to me paying 3.99 for 6 months and then getting $45 off fo the rest of the year.

I recommend just being patient.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:20 PM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Spokane Chief Fan:
After reading everybody's experiences I did not expect as good of results as I have ha in the past ten years, but I tried anyhow. I called 1800m directtv and when the automated machine came on I asked for my contract. Someone came on the line and I told them that the only reason I had their service was for Sunday Ticket, I live in Washington state, and that Dish had offered me a $300 dollar card to switch. The young man I was talking to asked if I would hold while he dug around to see what he could do.

After about 10 minutes he came back and gave me $45 a month for 12 months, which equals out to me paying 3.99 for 6 months and then getting $45 off fo the rest of the year.

I recommend just being patient.

Thanks!

I called in & setup a cancellation date of September 1st.

No calls yet.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:45 AM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Thanks!

I called in & setup a cancellation date of September 1st.

No calls yet.
I never got one, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:30 AM 08-19-2018
So I'm back on DirecTV. They only sent us one equipment return box so I called in this morning to get another return box. One full year at $58.64, free Sunday ticket, and a $300 Visa gift card.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:37 AM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
So I'm back on DirecTV. They only sent us one equipment return box so I called in this morning to get another return box. One full year at $58.64, free Sunday ticket, and a $300 Visa gift card.
1 or 2 year contract?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:44 AM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
1 or 2 year contract?
One.
[Reply]
notorious 07:13 AM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
That’s an amazing deal. $420/ year 35/month ST included? Jesus.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:03 AM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
That’s an amazing deal. $420/ year 35/month ST included? Jesus.
I just wanted a box to get the rest of their shit. LOL
[Reply]
Bwana 09:38 AM 08-19-2018
Ok the first lady I talked to, I couldn't understand, she had some strong accent going on.

She offered me $16.50 off per month for 6 months. I laughed and told he to transfer me to disconnect. When I got to disconnect, I got a lady that actually spoke English as her first language, was pleasant enough, but said they didn't have any deals on Sunday Ticket. I explained that the only reason I had Direct TV was for the Sunday Ticket and that Dish had a hell of a deal going on. I ended up dropping the ticket and getting $60 a month off my bill for a year with no contract. My bill literally dropped in half, so it was defiantly worth the call.

I talked to her a little longer and she told me to call again at the end of the month, because they may very well be a deal on the ticket because to the drop off. She said people were calling in dropping Direct TV like a hot rock (Not just Sunday Ticket) over the kneeling situation. She also said that over 90% of the calls she was handling for disconnect were over that situation.

Bottom line, it's worth the call and keep checking with them.
[Reply]
PmCakes 09:38 AM 08-19-2018
I'm all about that streaming for free shit. With five prime time games too this just makes sense.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:10 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Ok the first lady I talked to, I couldn't understand, she had some strong accent going on.

She offered me $16.50 off per month for 6 months. I laughed and told he to transfer me to disconnect. When I got to disconnect, I got a lady that actually spoke English as her first language, was pleasant enough, but said they didn't have any deals on Sunday Ticket. I explained that the only reason I had Direct TV was for the Sunday Ticket and that Dish had a hell of a deal going on. I ended up dropping the ticket and getting $60 a month off my bill for a year with no contract. My bill literally dropped in half, so it was defiantly worth the call.

I talked to her a little longer and she told me to call again at the end of the month, because they may very well be a deal on the ticket because to the drop off. She said people were calling in dropping Direct TV like a hot rock (Not just Sunday Ticket) over the kneeling situation. She also said that over 90% of the calls she was handling for disconnect were over that situation.

Bottom line, it's worth the call and keep checking with them.
I talked to 4 different people on my call and 2 spoke horrible English. Like the worst I have heard from customer service in a major company EVER.

Is AT&T based in Asia now?
[Reply]
Page 54 of 80
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up