ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 80
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:25 AM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I know it is not free or much cheaper than ST but people could get a VPN, sign in from Europe and purchase GamePass then watch all the games live. The cost with a VPN would be around $200.
I used to do that. Eventually I got tired of paying $200 just to be partially legal when the reddit streams are just as good.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:20 PM 08-16-2018
Is Friday's game being shown anywhere?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:21 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Can you only stream on one platform at a time?
I don't know.
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:15 PM 08-16-2018
Looking at this Sunday ticket student. Got roadblocked when they wanted student document submitted ��
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:26 PM 08-16-2018
What’s better...the Red Zone channel on Directv or the Red Zone on Dish? I know the host is Siciliano on Directv or Hanson on Dish?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:30 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I used Reddit NFL Streams for the first preseason game and it worked out awesome. I only had an issue getting it from my laptop to my TV but that's because I'm dumb and only had a couple of minutes before the game started. I'm actually thinking of building a streaming box in the next 3-4 months to just hook up to the TV and use that.

16 more days and I cut off DirecTV.

Have you got s link for this?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:44 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I know it is not free or much cheaper than ST but people could get a VPN, sign in from Europe and purchase GamePass then watch all the games live. The cost with a VPN would be around $200.
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I used to do that. Eventually I got tired of paying $200 just to be partially legal when the reddit streams are just as good.
$200? That seems high. There are plenty of good VPN's out there for less. I have ExpressVPN. It's fast, and has a good reputation. I pay $99/ year.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:09 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
What’s better...the Red Zone channel on Directv or the Red Zone on Dish? I know the host is Siciliano on Directv or Hanson on Dish?
I think DTV moves between scoring plays quicker.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:14 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Looking at this Sunday ticket student. Got roadblocked when they wanted student document submitted ��
Really? What did they want?

I was surprised how little they wanted when I signed up last year.

On the Web site, I entered a valid student name, date of birth, and university. Didn't need a university email. I even paid with a credit card in my name not the student's. Made me think that they weren't trying to enforce it very rigorously and was happy to take my $100.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:19 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Really? What did they want?

I was surprised how little they wanted when I signed up last year.

On the Web site, I entered a valid student name, date of birth, and university. Didn't need a university email. I even paid with a credit card in my name not the student's. Made me think that they weren't trying to enforce it very rigorously and was happy to take my $100.

That’s all it takes?
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:28 PM 08-16-2018
The website I was on wanted name school and email. Then the next page it said I needed to upload a student id, or my class schedule or transcript!
[Reply]
DaFace 08:45 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
$200? That seems high. There are plenty of good VPN's out there for less. I have ExpressVPN. It's fast, and has a good reputation. I pay $99/ year.
The $200 estimate is including the subscription to Game Pass. You can get a decent VPN for far less than $99.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:24 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Have you got s link for this?
reddit.com/nflstreams
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:20 AM 08-17-2018
The website I was on wanted name school and email. Then the next page it said I needed to upload a student id, or my class schedule or transcript!
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:27 PM 08-17-2018
I didn't have to do anything like that last year.

A transcript would be hard to fake. Seems like a class schedule wouldn't be that hard to fake. Or even photo shopping a student ID. I wonder if they can automatically cross reference that with the school.

I found it mildly disturbing that it only took a date of birth and name to determine if you were a current student.

A young employee at my office who had recently been a student tried and was rejected so it appeared there was some sort of verification from the school.

I wonder if it depends on the school? These were large, university of California, schools.

I may instead try to hit up co workers that live in apartments that can't get satellite.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 80
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up