ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 80
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:34 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I’ll have to check into that. We already have Netflix and prime
Hulu Live is basically live cable streaming with local channels.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:44 PM 08-15-2018
I used Reddit NFL Streams for the first preseason game and it worked out awesome. I only had an issue getting it from my laptop to my TV but that's because I'm dumb and only had a couple of minutes before the game started. I'm actually thinking of building a streaming box in the next 3-4 months to just hook up to the TV and use that.

16 more days and I cut off DirecTV.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:45 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I followed his "google it" suggestion and all I found was how to make it so that Chrome either asks you to show your location every time you visit a site or that Chrome will never ask you. I didn't see anywhere to set it to a specific location. My assumption was that it would require a VPN service.
That's my plan. I found a VPN service that has a Kansas City server and installed it on my firestick. It seems to work right now for the local KC programming. I will find out soon enough if it allows me to catch the games. The VPN I use is Express VPN. I paid for a year at $99. But I don't just plan to use it for Chiefs games. I also use it to hide my location when I'm streaming things like reddit and Terrarium.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:48 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I used Reddit NFL Streams for the first preseason game and it worked out awesome. I only had an issue getting it from my laptop to my TV but that's because I'm dumb and only had a couple of minutes before the game started. I'm actually thinking of building a streaming box in the next 3-4 months to just hook up to the TV and use that.

16 more days and I cut off DirecTV.
If you happen to have an old laptop lying around that's at least new enough to have an HDMI port, they make for great streaming boxes. Couple it with this keyboard, and it's a great setup.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:54 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
What would my options be if I cut ties, to record local channels? My wife watches a ton of network dramas. Basically being able to record loca channels is the only reason we still have it. And Sunday ticket.
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Hulu Live has locals with cloud DVR.
I've been happy with YouTube TV. It has local plus additional sports channels, if that has any interest.
[Reply]
wheeler08 04:54 PM 08-15-2018
I tried reddit last year for games and I cussed and threw stuff more cuz of it than how bad the Chiefs were during their losing streak
[Reply]
3rd&Long 05:49 PM 08-15-2018
This is one of the more entertaining threads each year about this time. Laugh out loud material! My recent ploy found me in the jaws of the 'friendly' Directv rep from hell who said, "I know what you're up to and I can cancel your ass right now AND charge you an early termination fee, so don't try pulling your sob story shit on me!" Damn! That guy should work for a collection agency.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:59 PM 08-15-2018
NFL Gamepass is $99 and it works great. You get all the games and can watch them live as well as reruns in different formats like coaches view which is pretty neat. During the first game I had gamepass on as well as the tV and gamepass was much better.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:11 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
NFL Gamepass is $99 and it works great. You get all the games and can watch them live as well as reruns in different formats like coaches view which is pretty neat. During the first game I had gamepass on as well as the tV and gamepass was much better.
Gamepass won't be live for the regular season in case you weren't aware of that.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:14 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by 3rd&Long:
This is one of the more entertaining threads each year about this time. Laugh out loud material! My recent ploy found me in the jaws of the 'friendly' Directv rep from hell who said, "I know what you're up to and I can cancel your ass right now AND charge you an early termination fee, so don't try pulling your sob story shit on me!" Damn! That guy should work for a collection agency.
No shit? :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:35 AM 08-16-2018
Was able to get my nephew's college email address. Still deciding if I even want to bother with the ST streaming service. I didn't miss all that much last year, as my current provider has Red Zone.

With all that said, last I checked you can use code BACKTOSCHOOL and knock 20% off the price of the college student version of Sunday Ticket streaming.

$80 for the season isn't a bad deal if the app is solid.
[Reply]
Spott 06:45 AM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by 3rd&Long:
They certainly aren’t going to care about customers more now that AT&T owns them. AT&T hates their customers even more than they hate their employees.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:16 AM 08-16-2018
I know it is not free or much cheaper than ST but people could get a VPN, sign in from Europe and purchase GamePass then watch all the games live. The cost with a VPN would be around $200.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:40 AM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Was able to get my nephew's college email address. Still deciding if I even want to bother with the ST streaming service. I didn't miss all that much last year, as my current provider has Red Zone.

With all that said, last I checked you can use code BACKTOSCHOOL and knock 20% off the price of the college student version of Sunday Ticket streaming.

$80 for the season isn't a bad deal if the app is solid.
Can you only stream on one platform at a time?
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:19 AM 08-16-2018
What is this Sunday ticket streaming service? I’ve never heard of it before. My wife still has her college email address
[Reply]
Page 51 of 80
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up