ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 80
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Wow I am shocked at you guys bad experience with Direct TV. I just switched to them since Cox internet sucked ass and I get all the channels that I had, free HBO since the wife and I have AT&T cell service and of course Sunday Ticket. It is $151 a month with gigabit internet via fiber optic. It is the fastest internet I have ever seen! The switch saved us $120 a month.
Just wait. You got a good deal because you're a new customer.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:49 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Yup, the longer you stick around the more they rape. But you can call and haggle every year and get your price back down until they pump it up again. By the end of our first two year contract our TV service went from $79 to $159. Then called and haggled it back down to $89, and they started pumping it back up at the first of the year, back over $100, five months before the contract is up. Done playing the Price is Right game with these fucks. I'm sure whatever other option I go with will do the same shit, but it will be a new, different kind of fucking than the one I'm used to. So I've got that going for me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:00 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yup, the longer you stick around the more they rape. But you can call and haggle every year and get your price back down until they pump it up again. By the end of our first two year contract our TV service went from $79 to $159. Then called and haggled it back down to $89, and they started pumping it back up at the first of the year, back over $100, five months before the contract is up. Done playing the Price is Right game with these fucks. I'm sure whatever other option I go with will do the same shit, but it will be a new, different kind of fucking than the one I'm used to. So I've got that going for me.
I'm looking at all of the different streaming options right now. I'll try their free trial periods and see if we like them and then pick the best one at the end of it all. Shit....we're trying out DirecTV NOW right now and I'm getting 99% of the channels that I want for $40 a month versus the fucking $110 it's costing me right now. I called into to see if they'd offer me anything better and they wanted to take $10 off a month. Fucking pathetic.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:08 AM 02-20-2018
I'm looking at all of the different streaming options right now. I'll try their free trial periods and see if we like them and then pick the best one at the end of it all. Shit....we're trying out DirecTV NOW right now and I'm getting 99% of the channels that I want for $40 a month versus the fucking $110 it's costing me right now. I called into to see if they'd offer me anything better and they wanted to take $10 off a month. Fucking pathetic.
Yeah, fuck all that noise. Doesn't surprise me though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:56 AM 02-20-2018
I was planning to switch to Direct TV Now in January but when I called, Retention gave me $65 dollars off for 12 months so my bill, with other discounts, it's $52 a month for HD, Sports Package, Premium Channels and DVR.

As soon as the licensing agreement between NOW and the NFL has been approved, I'll make the switch. My DVR and satellite are old and slow. It can take 30 seconds to change a channel or go to my DVR list.

It sucks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:00 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I was planning to switch to Direct TV Now in January but when I called, Retention gave me $65 dollars off for 12 months so my bill, with other discounts, it's $52 a month for HD, Sports Package, Premium Channels and DVR.

As soon as the licensing agreement between NOW and the NFL has been approved, I'll make the switch. My DVR and satellite are old and slow. It can take 30 seconds to change a channel or go to my DVR list.

It sucks.
I'm dumping them.....I've just had enough. The receivers are shit and I'm constantly having problems with them now. I know that if I try and get new receivers out of them....they're going to want me to renew my contract. I'd rather pay the $160 ETF and dump them now. My kids spend more time watching Netflix than they do cable TV....so it comes down to what my wife really wants. I'll probably just bite the bullet this year and pay full price for NFLST.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:06 PM 02-20-2018
I'm dumping them.....I've just had enough. The receivers are shit and I'm constantly having problems with them now. I know that if I try and get new receivers out of them....they're going to want me to renew my contract. I'd rather pay the $160 ETF and dump them now. My kids spend more time watching Netflix than they do cable TV....so it comes down to what my wife really wants. I'll probably just bite the bullet this year and pay full price for NFLST.
Okay so, when I spoke to them in January, they can Deactivate your satellite and DVR, switch you to NOW, then when the season comes around, re-activate, pay $29.95 a month for the their basic package, then purchase Sunday Ticket.

It sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

The alternative would be to go with a company like Spectrum and get Red Zone TV (which is included in their packages) and Game Pass, if you want to watch the full game later.

I'm not sure what I'll do but purchasing Sunday Ticket, even at full price, is cheaper than me going to the nearest sports bar 8-12 times a year because I'd spend $10 dollars minimum on parking/Uber and $25 dollars on food and a soft drink.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:06 PM 02-20-2018
Couldn't agree more. DirecTv was GREAT - until the contract was up....then it was shit. Our bill went from 47.90 a month to well over 200 a month.

We dumped Directv, bought a HD antennae and stream Netflix. Don't miss cable or DirecTV one damned bit. Never missed a Chiefs game, so it's all good. Don't watch any of the other games, so it was a win-win for us.

Total cost of that? a one time charge of $12.95 (for the antenna). That's it - Oh, and, of course, our Prime annual contract through Amazon.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:13 PM 02-20-2018
Okay so, when I spoke to them in January, they can Deactivate your satellite and DVR, switch you to NOW, then when the season comes around, re-activate, pay $29.95 a month for the their basic package, then purchase Sunday Ticket.

It sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

The alternative would be to go with a company like Spectrum and get Red Zone TV (which is included in their packages) and Game Pass, if you want to watch the full game later.

I'm not sure what I'll do but purchasing Sunday Ticket, even at full price, is cheaper than me going to the nearest sports bar 8-12 times a year because I'd spend $10 dollars minimum on parking/Uber and $25 dollars on food and a soft drink.
Yeah....I'm not going to go through all of that.

If I dump DTV.....that's $1300 that I'm saving in a year. Even if I stick with DTV NOW.....it's only going to cost me $480 a year. I'm perfectly fine adding $300 on top of that for NFL ST....and I'll still be saving over $500.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:17 PM 02-20-2018
Yeah....I'm not going to go through all of that.

If I dump DTV.....that's $1300 that I'm saving in a year. Even if I stick with DTV NOW.....it's only going to cost me $480 a year. I'm perfectly fine adding $300 on top of that for NFL ST....and I'll still be saving over $500.
FYI, as of today, NOW doesn't broadcast Sunday Ticket, so you'd have to purchase the Direct TV base plan of $29.99 per month for 4 months, then purchase Sunday Ticket.

The other option would be to get someone's college email address and purchase the streaming Sunday Ticket only for $99 dollars. It's eligible for college students only.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:19 PM 02-20-2018
FYI, as of today, NOW doesn't broadcast Sunday Ticket, so you'd have to purchase the Direct TV base plan of $29.99 per month for 4 months, then purchase Sunday Ticket.

The other option would be to get someone's college email address and purchase the streaming Sunday Ticket only for $99 dollars. It's eligible for college students only.
Well....here's hoping they get it on NOW before this next season. Maybe I'll just go half with my brother and use his login.
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 12:41 PM 02-20-2018
I’ve had Sunday ticket for about 5 years now and I just haven’t watched as much football lately. Very likely to cancel direct tv in June when contract is up. Not getting $$ worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 PM 02-20-2018
Well....here's hoping they get it on NOW before this next season.
Yeah, that's what I've been hoping as well.

I don't have a problem with Direct TV's overall service because I think it looks and sounds better than Spectrum (who doesn't offer 4K) but the quarterly phone calls about billing are annoying as fuck.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:57 PM 02-20-2018
Yeah, that's what I've been hoping as well.

I don't have a problem with Direct TV's overall service because I think it looks and sounds better than Spectrum (who doesn't offer 4K) but the quarterly phone calls about billing are annoying as fuck.
I'm hoping that NOW will have a DVR feature by that time as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:01 PM 02-20-2018
I'm hoping that NOW will have a DVR feature by that time as well.
In all honesty, it's really unnecessary.

I have Roku 4 boxes throughout my home. I've downloaded apps for every channel provided by Direct TV. Click on the app, login and from there, you'll be able to stream every single program and series that's aired to that date.

My kids use the Disney NOW app to watch all Disney content, streamed from the app. No more DVR in every room, loaded with 500 kids programs, no more Whole Home - nothing.

Just a Roku and my DTV login and password.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 80
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up