ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyler Murray, Justin Hebert or Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 08:37 AM 10-26-2020
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Kyler or Justin over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Murray, Herbert Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:34 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by chop:
But he's my FF league #1 in points.
And I have a midget fetish, so he's #1 in my heart!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Oh I see. Schefters tweet was Total TDs combined.

For comparison Mahomes has 27 total TDs passing and rushing.

So Murray isn’t too far off the pace.
Total QBR includes rushing stats. Adjusted QBR then figures in defensive strength of opponents.

Murry is 11th in adjusted QBR. So yeah, he's still not even in the conversation.
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:42 AM 11-12-2020
Dalvin Cook is more of an MVP than Murray... And Cook is not Rodgers or Mahomes who would be #1 and #2 (no order)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Still better than Lamar Jackson though. :-)
God yes. Kyler Murray is better than Lamar Jackson. If Kyler Murray had the Ravens talent and Cardinals coaching staff we'd be facing him in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:46 AM 11-12-2020
Kyler Murrays and Justin Herberts are way better than Lamar Jacksons.

They are not Mahomes but they’re good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kyler Murrays and Justin Herberts are way better than Lamar Jacksons.

They are not Mahomes but they’re good.
Meh. Herbert is 15th in adjusted QBR. He's almost exactly league-average. Yes, he makes a lot of big throws. He's also cost his team some games with dumb mistakes.

50 is considered average, 75 and above is considered "elite".

Herbert's adjusted QBR is 71. The first QB above 75? Kyler Murray at #11 (77 QBR along with Derek Carr).

Funny thing, the two guys right behind Herbert? Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson, 67.6 and 65.1 respectively.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:07 AM 11-12-2020
Deberg of course ignores that passing numbers are thru the roof so Murray is barely above average in key passing numbers. Watch the damn games people.

Mahomes is the unanimous MVP thru 9 games. 27 TDs 1 turnover
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Meh. Herbert is 15th in adjusted QBR. He's almost exactly league-average. Yes, he makes a lot of big throws. He's also cost his team some games with dumb mistakes.

50 is considered average, 75 and above is considered "elite".

Herbert's adjusted QBR is 71. The first QB above 75? Kyler Murray at #11 (77 QBR along with Derek Carr).

Funny thing, the two guys right behind Herbert? Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson, 67.6 and 65.1 respectively.
Herbert is a rookie though. He's been damn impressive.

We're spoiled by Mahomes, but if you drafted a rookie QB and got what Herbert is doing, we'd be ecstatic.

Kyler is fun as hell to watch. He's what Lamar would be if he could throw.

The NFL is in a great place with young QB's right now. It's fun.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Herbert is a rookie though. He's been damn impressive.
When he's not throwing a game away, sure. Can he improve? Sure. But crowning him now is simply gushing over the big throws and ignoring his issues. He has significant issues with processing and decision making - he had them coming out and there's no evidence that he's progressed enough yet to be an elite QB.

He's not throwing random INT's. He's throwing INT's with the game on the line and directly contributing to losses. That's extremely important to note when evaluating him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:18 AM 11-12-2020
It's too easy to put up big passing numbers this year. Hell looks at dink and dunks Teddy
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:19 AM 11-12-2020
So htis, they replaced Rivers with a younger version :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 11-12-2020
When he's not throwing a game away, sure. Can he improve? Sure. But crowning him now is simply gushing over the big throws and ignoring his issues. He has significant issues with processing and decision making - he had them coming out and there's no evidence that he's progressed enough yet to be an elite QB.

He's not throwing random INT's. He's throwing INT's with the game on the line and directly contributing to losses. That's extremely important to note when evaluating him.
He's thrown 5 interceptions. He threw a bad one against KC, but from the other games I've watched, he's been one of the main reasons they're in the game.

If they had good coaching, they'd probably be atleast .500

He's had some rookie mistakes for sure, but if you haven't been impressed by what he's done so far, i think you're too hard on him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:24 AM 11-12-2020
He's Rivers Jr.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's thrown 5 interceptions. He threw a bad one against KC, but from the other games I've watched, he's been one of the main reasons they're in the game.

If they had good coaching, they'd probably be atleast .500

He's had some rookie mistakes for sure, but if you haven't been impressed by what he's done so far, i think you're too hard on him.
I'm too hard on him because too many others are absolutely falling all over him as the next great QB. He's not there yet. He's just not.

And yes, he has 5 INT's. 2 of them were thrown in the 4th quarter or in the last 2 minutes of the half, directly costing them points.

In fact, his rating drops precipitously (almost 15 points) in the fourth quarter when leading or trailing by 7 points, meaning when the pressure is highest, he's at his worst. If you look at his splits in close games, the mistakes go up but not only that, the big splash plays go WAY down. His yards per attempt, his TD's, everything. Why? Because when the game gets tight, he starts dumping the ball off to his backs.

I get that people want to rave over the big arm. But there's A LOT in his game that isn't good and the people going gaga over him are getting way ahead of themselves, just like they have with so many big-armed QB's before him.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:54 AM 11-12-2020

No idea what you’re watching but the games I watched were not Herbert’s fault.

-Leads team to winning FG attempt in NO. Kicker misses game winning FG.
-Broncos aren’t even in the red zone with less than 10 seconds and the defense gets a horrible PI in the end zone. Broncos win game on last play bc of that.
-Leads the team all the down the field. He throws two catchable balls, balls that NFL receivers have to catch, and they both drop the ball to lose the game last Sunday.
-Leads the team all the way down the field and Keenan Allen fumbles the game away.

You’re making it seem like he’s losing tons of games bc he had a bad pick in the TB game
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up