ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyler Murray, Justin Hebert or Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 08:37 AM 10-26-2020
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Kyler or Justin over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Murray, Herbert Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:05 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
There is nothing wrong with what I said. Jerkoff.
I was talking about the multiple misspellings and word misplacements.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:07 PM 11-12-2020
You have basically every turd that starts around 16 games going to throw for 4000 plus yards....that's a problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea, it definitely feels like there are less QB busts these days than 20 or even 10 years ago?

I think it’s because the rules are so slanted towards offense these days and not as many great defenses around.
That's a big part of it, IMO.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:21 PM 11-12-2020
Yea, it definitely feels like there are less QB busts these days than 20 or even 10 years ago?

I think it’s because the rules are so slanted towards offense these days and not as many great defenses around.
Also, NFL offenses have adopted college concepts.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:28 PM 11-12-2020

I think it just goes in cycles. Some years we just don't have many decent QBs, and some years there's a better than average crop of them. There's obviously other factors at work, like which Drafted rookie goes to which team/coach, but in a nutshell the stream of quality QBs isn't consistent.

But I agree with the second part of your statement; the rules have been favoring offense for nearly two decades now, which can only be beneficial to a young QB's growth.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 07:10 PM 11-12-2020
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes.
nobody says that..

end thread/
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:13 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
God yes. Kyler Murray is better than Lamar Jackson. If Kyler Murray had the Ravens talent and Cardinals coaching staff we'd be facing him in the Super Bowl.
Yes
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:58 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You have basically every turd that starts around 16 games going to throw for 4000 plus yards....that's a problem.
Lamar Jackson doesn't throw for 4000 yards :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:22 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Lamar Jackson doesn't throw for 4000 yards :-)
:-)
The fact is that very few QBs throw for 4,000 yards/season. Less than half will even approach 4,000 yds this season. Right now it looks like maybe 5-7 QBs will probably get in the neighborhood. Only 4 QBs are likely to throw for more than 4,000 yds as of today, according to ESPN's leader board, anyway.

But Lamar Jackson is currently 27th among starting QBs in terms of total yardage, and averaging less than 190 yds/game passing, so yeah, he ain't gonna make it. Heck, he might not surpass 3,000 yds.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:35 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Also, NFL offenses have adopted college concepts.
NFL teams have also, finally, wised up to the fact that you don't need a prototypical NFL body to be a great NFL QB. It's not that long ago that Russel Wilson falls to the third round due to his size. It's not that much further back and guys like Wilson aren't given a chance whatsoever to play QB in the league, regardless of their talent. How many potentially great QBs were never given a shot at all?

The fact that Murray could go #1 overall shows how far the league has come in a relatively small (no pun intended) amount of time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:38 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
NFL teams have also, finally, wised up to the fact that you don't need a prototypical NFL body to be a great NFL QB. It's not that long ago that Russel Wilson falls to the third round due to his size. It's not that much further back and guys like Wilson aren't given a chance whatsoever to play QB in the league, regardless of their talent. How many potentially great QBs were never given a shot at all?

The fact that Murray could go #1 overall shows how far the league has come in a relatively small (no pun intended) amount of time.
Agreed. A lot of non-prototypical college QBs back in the day would've been taken 1st overall in the last 5 or so years that weren't drafted at all back then.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:45 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Agreed. A lot of non-prototypical college QBs back in the day would've been taken 1st overall in the last 5 or so years that weren't drafted at all back then.
Hell, we're not that far removed from Grbac returning to start over a less-prototypical Gannon who had been moving the offense efficiently. Hell, Warren Moon couldn't hear his name called in a 12-round (or something like that) draft. It makes no sense whatsoever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 11-13-2020
A lot of non-prototypical college QB's were taken high back in the day - Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, the list goes on.

If NFL offenses back then were as flexible with college concepts as they are today, a lot of those high draft picks might have had more success.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:50 PM 11-13-2020
The fact is that very few QBs throw for 4,000 yards/season. Less than half will even approach 4,000 yds this season. Right now it looks like maybe 5-7 QBs will probably get in the neighborhood. Only 4 QBs are likely to throw for more than 4,000 yds as of today, according to ESPN's leader board, anyway.

But Lamar Jackson is currently 27th among starting QBs in terms of total yardage, and averaging less than 190 yds/game passing, so yeah, he ain't gonna make it. Heck, he might not surpass 3,000 yds.
A QB league MVP in the year 2020 won the award without throwing for 4000 yards. In the year 2020.

This isn't in the years following the invention of the forward pass. This isn't the 1960s when Joe Namath doing 2500 yards and a negative TD:INT ratio was viewed as not that bad of a season and actually pretty good.

This is 2020. When dudes who play 16 games in a season if they're not piles of crap will usually throw for 4000 yards.

The league MVP did not crack 4000 passing yards.

Sure, he accounted for a lot of points and TDs. That's fine. But then don't come at me (not you, just random bozos who think Jackson is amazing) and try to claim that Jackson is an above average passer
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:52 PM 11-13-2020

Half the starters in the league are on pace for 4,000 this season, but of course at least a few will drop off.

It was more than I realized before looking it up, but 11 last season and 12 the seasons before... about the top 3rd of teams, give or take a QB or two.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up