ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 301
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:46 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I still remember Gordon’s home run against Familia in the ninth down 1. Gives me chills everytime
Listen to that roar...

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:50 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
We have 2 idiots here on the board apparently.

In the last week I’ve (1) called Dozier a Matt Holliday clone, (2) agreed with Duncan that ROH will be fine, nice slam last night by the way, and (3) said I liked Homer Bailey a lot. Quit being dumbasses.
There are a lot of idiots on this board. And many who have seen your idiotic takes in DC and on here.

Don’t sell yourself short . . . . .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:54 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s easy to say “they should have traded” Player X, but dumping established players for prospects is easier said than done. They listened on Perez after 2017 but needed a blow-away offer to do it.

Just landing a random back-half-top-100 player or two really doesn’t help that much long-term.

Perez’s return in 2020 and 2021 could make the Royals lineup pretty deep and fun - and drive a competitor for the division crown.

Merrifield RF/2B
Lopez 2B/SS
Mondesi SS/CF
Dozier 3B/1B/DH
O’Hearn 1B
Perez C
Soler DH/RF

Is a pretty intriguing group and decently deep. If Gordon continues to be a good offensive player and wants to come back, that will be an option, and then there’s also CF, where Starling may provide an upgrade on O without a loss on D.

Ultimately, the key point is that there’s a lot of difference between a prospect in the top 20-25 and the guys after that. Landing one-two back half of the 100 prospects is a risky roll of the dice with established, above-average MLB players.
Yeah, I'd be awfully surprised if the Royals were truly good in the near future given the state of their pitching but Kowar and Singer are big guys with plus stuff and a college background and those kinds of prospects can advance faster than you expect.

And man, the AL Central is just hot fucking garbage. The ChiSox are on their own re-building model but they have pitching issues of their own. Their high end guys keep blowing up so when all is said and done it may be someone like Cease leading their staff instead of slotting behind that three headed monster they'd envisioned of Giolito, Kopech and Rodon.

And this doesn't appear to be a real pitching rich draft so it doesn't help either of you there.

I dunno - they may not be a little more feisty a little sooner than I thought they would given the hellpit that is the ALC, but they still have a lot of pitching work to do to be a real solid squad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 05-08-2019
Speaking of the MLB draft - A few years back I briefly mentioned a kid playing at Mizzou who the Royals used a 33rd rounder on out of HS named Kameron Misner.

Misner can !@#$ing hit. His raw power is pretty incredible and he's a lefty who's swing has quickened up over the last year or two. He will sometimes struggle against higher level competition but when he's on, he's capable of carrying the team.

I have no idea what the Royals offered him then as a 33rd rounder but he's worked himself into 1st round consideration in the upcoming draft with the most recent MLB Pipeline article having him going to the Cardinals at 19. Personally I would find that cool as hell because I've literally been watching him play since his first game in a Tigers uni.

But the MLB draft is a strange animal and sometimes guys slide a bit. He may well be there for the Royals pick at 44. I wouldn't say it's likely, but it's not completely nutty either. Fun dude to watch if you get him.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 03:07 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Listen to that roar...

Was at the game, one of the best sports moments in KC history
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:14 PM 05-08-2019
I just knew we were winning the whole thing right then.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:14 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
As a non-golf follower, Watson seems obvious and easy.

Also would suggest Mahomes might replace DT rather than Dawson. Lenny won a SB.
Which won't be that big of a deal any more when Mahomes wins multiple.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:16 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I just knew we were winning the whole thing right then.
One of the 3 hardest balls he'd ever hit (at the time). Imagine the feeling of just drilling one dead solid perfect - in that situation.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:26 PM 05-08-2019
That set the tone for the rest of the World Series. Gordon will forever be a idol in KC and will have a statue of him once he’s done playing.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:53 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I'd be awfully surprised if the Royals were truly good in the near future given the state of their pitching but Kowar and Singer are big guys with plus stuff and a college background and those kinds of prospects can advance faster than you expect.

And man, the AL Central is just hot fucking garbage. The ChiSox are on their own re-building model but they have pitching issues of their own. Their high end guys keep blowing up so when all is said and done it may be someone like Cease leading their staff instead of slotting behind that three headed monster they'd envisioned of Giolito, Kopech and Rodon.

And this doesn't appear to be a real pitching rich draft so it doesn't help either of you there.

I dunno - they may not be a little more feisty a little sooner than I thought they would given the hellpit that is the ALC, but they still have a lot of pitching work to do to be a real solid squad.

The Royals don’t have much starting pitching inbound before Singer, Kowar, Lynch, and Kris Bubic. Yohanse Morel is also far away. That’s the question. The bullpen should get a shot in the arm from some younger guys (Lovelady, Staumont, Zimmer) and I think Lopez is headed there, too.

Duffy, Keller, and Junis can be the 2-3-5 starters on a playoff contender. They need to add a few pieces to that group, though. In this weak Central, the offense might be able to carry KC if they can settle the bullpen again.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Speaking of the MLB draft - A few years back I briefly mentioned a kid playing at Mizzou who the Royals used a 33rd rounder on out of HS named Kameron Misner.

Misner can !@#$ing hit. His raw power is pretty incredible and he's a lefty who's swing has quickened up over the last year or two. He will sometimes struggle against higher level competition but when he's on, he's capable of carrying the team.

I have no idea what the Royals offered him then as a 33rd rounder but he's worked himself into 1st round consideration in the upcoming draft with the most recent MLB Pipeline article having him going to the Cardinals at 19. Personally I would find that cool as hell because I've literally been watching him play since his first game in a Tigers uni.

But the MLB draft is a strange animal and sometimes guys slide a bit. He may well be there for the Royals pick at 44. I wouldn't say it's likely, but it's not completely nutty either. Fun dude to watch if you get him.

Misner is one of the most variable prospects in the draft.

I would be giddy if he managed to tumble to KC’s second choice. They’ve been connected to him again.

Best-case for KC would probably be if the Orioles really do shy away from Rutschman and Misner falls down the draft due to his swing and miss questions.

Both should move quickly and would fit nicely in with KC’s next group of potentially impactful arrivals.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:58 PM 05-08-2019
I figured it was over after Escobar hit an inside the park home run first pitch of the series due to incompetence.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:04 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Listen to that roar...

I jizzed in my pant everytime.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:28 PM 05-08-2019
Where does Gordon rank among the Royals greats?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:40 PM 05-08-2019
@MLBPipeline: The #Royals are considered the favorites to sign Dominican OF Erick Pena, who reminds scouts of Carlos Beltran and is No. 5 on our Top 30 International Prospects list: https://atmlb.com/2LFliEq https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/stat...382144/photo/1
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:53 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@MLBPipeline: The #Royals are considered the favorites to sign Dominican OF Erick Pena, who reminds scouts of Carlos Beltran and is No. 5 on our Top 30 International Prospects list: https://atmlb.com/2LFliEq https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/stat...382144/photo/1
Watch. They’ll fall, oh, Chris Owings’ contract short of signing him.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 301
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up