ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 301
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:47 PM 05-07-2019
Owings sucks so bad that he whiffed against Houston’s DH (White) who is pitching the 9th.

LOL
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:55 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
This would be big. I haven't heard this rumor for a while. But, your sources are usually right-on. So, Starling goes to LF or RF?

Mondesi to CF would be a backup plan for Starling. If he doesn’t translate his recent success at Omaha into being a solid big leaguer, Lopez is good enough defensively at SS they could move Mondesi to CF if Starling flops. I know some prefer Lopez’s defense to Mondesi’s. He’s not going to make as many highlight reel plays as Mondesi, but Lopez is steadier.

Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Owings sucks so bad that he whiffed against Houston’s DH (White) who is pitching the 9th.

LOL

Looking. He struck out looking, taking two pitches from a position player in a 3-1 count.

Originally Posted by BWillie:
This Royals team is pretty exciting offensively. I'm kind of excited for the years to come in Dozier, O'Hearn, Gutierrez & Lopez pan out.

We already know Whit and Mondesi are studs.

I know everyone has done this, but this looks pretty fun for next year:

1B - Ryan O'Hearn .255, 23 HR, 2.0 WAR
2B - Nicky Lopez .295, 8 HR, 3.0 WAR
3B - Kelvin Gutierrez .278, 12 HR, 1.7 WAR
SS - Aldaberto Mondesi .284, 29 HR, 6.0 WAR
C - Sal Perez .265, 31 HR, 3.3 WAR
DH - Hunter Dozier .278, 30 HR, 2.0 WAR
RF - Jorge Soler .259, 25 HR, 1.5 WAR
CF - Bubba Starling .244, 10 HR, 2.0 WAR
LF - Whit Merrifield .300, 20 HR, 6.5 WAR

If O'Hearn, Gutierrez & Dozier end up having legit years...we need to sign a guy like 2013 version of James Shields or Ervin Santana. Trade Gordon for some ready made MLB starter. And load up on some proven relievers. See if we can make some noise in 2020.

Gordon’s trade value this season wouldn’t be THAT high. If you’re hunting MLB ready, it’s going to be a borderline back-end starter. If you’re hunting more upside than that, it would be someone farther away, with more risk/lower floor.

I still have some questions about the sustainability of what Gutierrez is doing. He’s a solid bench guy, I think, but not 100 percent sold he’s an everyday guy.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:18 AM 05-08-2019
Side note:

That position player topped out at 78. I’m pretty sure I can still run it up in at least the low 70s.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:38 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Looking. He struck out looking, taking two pitches from a position player in a 3-1 count.
Sorry - yes, looking at strike 3
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:45 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Dude, in your last few posts you've indicated you hate;

Ian Kennedy
Omar Infante
Chris Owings
and now
Cam Gallagher

That's a lot of hate. Have you considered "Anger Management"?
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Don’t forget about PB’s personal fave . . . . “Alshittys Escobar”.

We have 2 idiots here on the board apparently.

In the last week I’ve (1) called Dozier a Matt Holliday clone, (2) agreed with Duncan that ROH will be fine, nice slam last night by the way, and (3) said I liked Homer Bailey a lot. Quit being dumbasses.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 08:46 AM 05-08-2019
I still have some questions about the sustainability of what Gutierrez is doing. He’s a solid bench guy, I think, but not 100 percent sold he’s an everyday guy.
If Starling and Lopez succeed at the major league level, there aren't enough positions to go around. You mention Gutierrez as a utility guy. I picture Erick Mejia (AAA) as the future utility guy. Mejia is a switch hitter and currently batting .299/.409/.402/.811. It's good to have a surplus of guys you'd like to have in the lineup.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 08:51 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
We have 2 idiots here on the board apparently.

In the last week I’ve (1) called Dozier a Matt Holliday clone, (2) agreed with Duncan that ROH will be fine, nice slam last night by the way, and (3) said I liked Homer Bailey a lot. Quit being dumbasses.
Dude, I was giving you a hard time and trying to be funny. But, I will point out that while you were complimenting Bailey, you also said other than Keller, the other starters suck. So, you don't think much of Duffy, Junis, nor Lopez.

I didn't realize you were so sensitive to a little ribbing. You kind of remind me of my ex-wife.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:54 AM 05-08-2019
In offensive slash profile, yes. Lopez offers more defensive and baserunning value. He should be a 15-20 SB guy at the MLB level, easy.

Salvador Perez has two years left on his contract.

Rutschman won’t be done playing college baseball until end of June (in all likelihood) and won’t make it past high A this year. He’ll almost certainly start next year at High A. His arrival time would be mid season 2021 at the earliest.

Your complaint is invalid.
Not really. Could have had a decent prospect instead stuck with a catcher who has injury issues and this team wont be competing in 2 years. Stupid to hold onto him just to have 10k fans come out and cheer for the boys in blue.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:01 AM 05-08-2019
im here to eat my crow, i said a few weeks ago that this team sucked anyways so i didnt care if they lose when in reality they should have done more because this team is actually pretty good except for the bullpen so im an idiot
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:54 PM 05-08-2019
it's interesting to see Prison Bitch compare Junis to Mike Mussina though
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 01:11 PM 05-08-2019
I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but I haven't seen Isbel in the lineup for about a week (or there about). Did he have an injury I missed? Same question regarding Lara - except I haven't seen him pitch at all this year, unless I missed it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:14 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not really. Could have had a decent prospect instead stuck with a catcher who has injury issues and this team wont be competing in 2 years. Stupid to hold onto him just to have 10k fans come out and cheer for the boys in blue.

It’s easy to say “they should have traded” Player X, but dumping established players for prospects is easier said than done. They listened on Perez after 2017 but needed a blow-away offer to do it.

Just landing a random back-half-top-100 player or two really doesn’t help that much long-term.

Perez’s return in 2020 and 2021 could make the Royals lineup pretty deep and fun - and drive a competitor for the division crown.

Merrifield RF/2B
Lopez 2B/SS
Mondesi SS/CF
Dozier 3B/1B/DH
O’Hearn 1B
Perez C
Soler DH/RF

Is a pretty intriguing group and decently deep. If Gordon continues to be a good offensive player and wants to come back, that will be an option, and then there’s also CF, where Starling may provide an upgrade on O without a loss on D.

Ultimately, the key point is that there’s a lot of difference between a prospect in the top 20-25 and the guys after that. Landing one-two back half of the 100 prospects is a risky roll of the dice with established, above-average MLB players.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:01 PM 05-08-2019
Gordon's going to win one more World Series, retire a Royal, and take his place on the KC Sports Mt. Rushmore.

Mark it down - 5/8/19. suzzer has spoken.

Only question is who does he replace - Brett, Dawson, Watson or Thomas? Brett is safe obviously. Dawson's safe until Mahomes wins two SBs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:29 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Gordon's going to win one more World Series, retire a Royal, and take his place on the KC Sports Mt. Rushmore.

Only question is who does he replace - Brett, Dawson, Watson or Thomas? Brett is safe obviously. Dawson's safe until Mahomes wins two SBs.
I still remember Gordon’s home run against Familia in the ninth down 1. Gives me chills everytime
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:43 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

As a non-golf follower, Watson seems obvious and easy.

Also would suggest Mahomes might replace DT rather than Dawson. Lenny won a SB.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 301
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up