ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 301
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
nychief 08:09 PM 05-06-2019
This isn’t a ballpark... it’s a Barbie dream house. It’s 200 ft to left.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:35 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That was a bomb! Curious what the exit velocity was on that one. 115-ish?
It went 443 FWIW
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:10 PM 05-06-2019
Lol Wily Peralta really proving he belongs. Im glad this organization holds players accountable.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:59 PM 05-06-2019
Did the losers lose again?
[Reply]
KCCHIEFS27 10:01 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Did the losers lose again?
Barely!
[Reply]
DeepSouth 06:17 AM 05-07-2019
If Soler can stay healthy until the trade deadline, I'd take whatever the Royals could get for him. He's been unable to play a complete season in the Majors due to injuries and his ineptitude in the outfield is scary. After trading him, my new DH would be Alex Gordon. Moving Alex to DH, allows the Royals to move Whit to LF. Which opens up a spot for Lopez at 2nd. And, if the the Royals / Gordon can come to a team friendly, short term contract extension with the understanding that he is primarily their DH, I'm good with that.
[Reply]
TEX 06:26 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
This isn’t a ballpark... it’s a Barbie dream house. It’s 200 ft to left.
315 ft to center & 362 ft to left center. :-)
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:27 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
If Soler can stay healthy until the trade deadline, I'd take whatever the Royals could get for him. He's been unable to play a complete season in the Majors due to injuries and his ineptitude in the outfield is scary. After trading him, my new DH would be Alex Gordon. Moving Alex to DH, allows the Royals to move Whit to LF. Which opens up a spot for Lopez at 2nd. And, if the the Royals / Gordon can come to a team friendly, short term contract extension with the understanding that he is primarily their DH, I'm good with that.
Just keep Soler at DH cause like you said he sucks in the field. Lopez at 2nd, Gordon in left, Whit in right. Hamilton's range in center has not impressed me at all......bat is not good enough either....
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:27 AM 05-07-2019
This is a horrible take.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 06:45 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Just keep Soler at DH cause like you said he sucks in the field. Lopez at 2nd, Gordon in left, Whit in right. Hamilton's range in center has not impressed me at all......bat is not good enough either....
If Soler could stay healthy, I'd agree. After the trade deadline, I expect Hamilton to be gone and Starling playing CF. Khalil Lee (AA) or Elier Hernandez(AAA) can play RF. Gordon isn't getting any younger. DH would preserve his old body.
[Reply]
nychief 06:50 AM 05-07-2019
If Soler could stay healthy, I'd agree. After the trade deadline, I expect Hamilton to be gone and Starling playing CF. Khalil Lee (AA) or Elier Hernandez(AAA) can play RF. Gordon isn't getting any younger. DH would preserve his old body.
Hamilton isn’t cheap by royals’ standards....unless we can trade him...which I doubt... do you think we drop him? It was a stupid signing from the jump.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:14 AM 05-07-2019
Move Gordon to DH?

Considering he’s remained an above-average LF who adds value with his glove, it would whack about half of his value to the team.

If you’re moving Soler to a full-time DH slot and promoting Lopez, Merrifield can just go to RF (and you can still kind of rotate guys through DH for a 1/2 day break, using Merrifield to spell them in the field).

Lopez is going to be one of those guys the prospect lists just missed, I think. He’s not flashy or toolsy, but the skills are just so good.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 07:25 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Move Gordon to DH?

Considering he’s remained an above-average LF who adds value with his glove, it would whack about half of his value to the team.

If you’re moving Soler to a full-time DH slot and promoting Lopez, Merrifield can just go to RF (and you can still kind of rotate guys through DH for a 1/2 day break, using Merrifield to spell them in the field).

Lopez is going to be one of those guys the prospect lists just missed, I think. He’s not flashy or toolsy, but the skills are just so good.
Do you expect Soler to stay healthy? I'm hoping he stays healthy until the trade deadline so he can be traded. The Royals are going to have a new LF next year. And, since winning this year is not the priority, go ahead and make the move.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:25 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Hamilton isn’t cheap by royals’ standards....unless we can trade him...which I doubt... do you think we drop him? It was a stupid signing from the jump.
He’s making $5 mil. this year, which is cheap by MLB standards, with a mutual option for next year. If they can trade him for something at the deadline, they probably will. If not, they’ll probably just decline his option after the season. Especially considering we may see Bubba later this year in the OF, Whit may be in RF much more regularly once Lopez comes up and Lee could arrive sometime next year. That doesn’t really leave any room for Hamilton next year.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 08:14 AM 05-07-2019
https://www.royalsreview.com/2019/5/...-zimmer-opener

Are they prepping Zimmer to be a starter? He started Sundays game and pitched two scoreless innings.

Our replacement for Owings could be in Omaha, Erick Mejia. Seems to be able to play anywhere and is currently batting .309/.414/.415
[Reply]
Page 73 of 301
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up