ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 301
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:29 PM 05-05-2019
Zimmer has had 3 straight scoreless and hitless outings, but he's also allowed a walk in every single one of his appearances. Things are definitely looking up for him and hopefully soon he will be up to replace Fat Wily or Boxberger. Ned Yost said that Zimmer has to earn his spot on the big league roster, but apparently that doesn't apply to Peralta or Boxberger. They both have ERAs above 6.5 and WHIPS 1.650 and higher. Then you have this Kalish guy who's never gotten a shot, but has always had decent numbers and really good numbers this year between AA and AAA he has 20 innings, 1.35 ERA, 3 Walks, 26 Strikeouts, and a .850 WHIP. What's the point in keeping him in AAA? Is it because he's not on the 40 man? Who fucking cares? Cut Wily Peralta and Brad Boxbergers worthless fucking asses. Kalish is 27 years old for fucks sake, so it's not about service time. It's time to give the guy a chance, but Dayton is a fucking retard and will keep Peralta and Boxberger to try to raise their trade value. I can't stand that fucking idiot. Bring up Kalish and Zimmer and get rid of those 2 losers. Also get Nicky Lopez and Bubba Starling here too.

P.S. our pitching staff is a joke. Yeah everyone knows the bullpen is bad, but God damn our starters are trash too.

Keller - 4.07 ERA
Lopez - 5.09 ERA
Junis - 5.12 ERA
Bailey - 5.25 ERA

Duffy has looked pretty good in the time he's been back, but Jesus Christ outside of Keller and Duffy that shit is pathetic. Hopefully the pitchers we drafted last year can amount to something, but I won't get my hopes up. This organization has a knack for ruining high upside arms.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:03 AM 05-06-2019
This is not the year to be overly invested in either the Royals or SKC, they're re-somethining...

Just let them play their games and hope for a better year next year...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:43 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
This is not the year to be overly invested in either the Royals or SKC, they're re-somethining...

There are no years to be overly invested in SportingKC, so that’s easy.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:48 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

As it relates to the Royals, because who really GAF about soccer......

I like checking in on the games. Not really emotionally invested, but it's been fun to watch the lineup improve. Our pitching is a nightmare. We really need some of our Pitchers in the minors to be ready to step up next season
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:18 AM 05-06-2019

Like the good old days. pic.twitter.com/gavLWZC4Iu

— Matt Savino (@_MattSavino) May 6, 2019

[Reply]
AndChiefs 10:50 AM 05-06-2019
Heading to the game tonight. Hopefully it’s a good one.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:07 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
As it relates to the Royals, because who really GAF about soccer......

I like checking in on the games. Not really emotionally invested, but it's been fun to watch the lineup improve. Our pitching is a nightmare. We really need some of our Pitchers in the minors to be ready to step up next season

I like checking in, too. There are a lot of fun guys to watch here (Mondesi, Merrifield, Dozier, Gordon’s resurgence, Soler). Junis, Keller, and Duffy starts are good to catch and I like Lopez, too.

Lopez and Starling (if he continues to hit) are going to be there eventually, too. Starling was out for a bit with a minor injury. I still think it makes sense to give him a few more months at Omaha to show sustained success. No need to rush him now.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:20 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I like checking in, too. There are a lot of fun guys to watch here (Mondesi, Merrifield, Dozier, Gordon’s resurgence, Soler). Junis, Keller, and Duffy starts are good to catch and I like Lopez, too.

Lopez and Starling (if he continues to hit) are going to be there eventually, too. Starling was out for a bit with a minor injury. I still think it makes sense to give him a few more months at Omaha to show sustained success. No need to rush him now.
What's the story with Kelvin Gutierriez? Is he legit, or is this just a flash in the pan? If he's legit, I love the thought of him at 3B, Mondi at SS, Lopez at 2B and Doze at 1B. Whit takes a perm-spot in LF after Gordon is traded this Summer. Thoughts?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:25 PM 05-06-2019
What's the story with Kelvin Gutierriez? Is he legit, or is this just a flash in the pan? If he's legit, I love the thought of him at 3B, Mondi at SS, Lopez at 2B and Doze at 1B. Whit takes a perm-spot in LF after Gordon is traded this Summer. Thoughts?
I still like Ohearn at 1st and Dozier in RF with Soler at DH.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:29 PM 05-06-2019

Gutierrez is a good glove, contact guy who had questions about translating his raw power.

He wasn’t an elite prospect but he looks like at least a solid bat.

I think he could be a UTIL-type Guy. I know he can play some 2B and might be able to stretch it at SS, too.

I’m confident O’Hearn’s bat comes around again due to the peripheral stats. Need that LH power in the lineup, too. Especially if Gordon leaves after this year.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:44 PM 05-06-2019
Serious what's up with Jake Kalish? Through all levels he has a 3.08 ERA, 1.161 WHIP, 8.5 SO9, 1.8 BB9 and this year hes played even better and has bumped his SO9 to 11.7. So why isn't he in the majors?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:14 PM 05-06-2019
Dozier is still hot. Another home run tonight.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:36 PM 05-06-2019
And Mondi as well.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:39 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
And Mondi as well.
That was a bomb! Curious what the exit velocity was on that one. 115-ish?
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:01 PM 05-06-2019
Fucking Junis. Jesus Christ....
[Reply]
Page 72 of 301
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up