ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 301
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
tk13 11:50 PM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Pen sucked last year too and the year before and didn't make the playoffs in 2016 because of the shitty pen.
I don't know if that's entirely accurate. The 2016 pen had some rough spots and wasn't as good as previous years... and Soria was blah but that bullpen was complete light years ahead of this year. Soria would be the best pitcher in this current group.

Even with that, the 2016 pen at one point or another had Wade Davis, Herrera and Matt Strahm who was unhittable. Moylan, Flynn and Scott Alexander were solid too. Pretty much any of those 7 guys would be our best reliever on this team.

The biggest reason that team failed was because Moose and Cain both got hurt. Hard to win without two of your best players. Plus Volquez had a rough year.
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 02:56 AM 05-05-2019
I haven’t really thought about it, but is there a chance Gordon gets traded if the production stays hot?
[Reply]
DeepSouth 06:31 AM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
I haven’t really thought about it, but is there a chance Gordon gets traded if the production stays hot?
I hope so. Whit becomes the new left fielder. Starling in center. Lee in right. Dozier / Gutierrez at 3rd. Mondesi at SS, Lopez at 2nd. O'Hearn / Dozier at 1st. Everyone rotates at DH. Soler, Hamilton, Gore, and Owings are gone by the trade dead line.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:11 AM 05-05-2019
Pretty sure Soler is part of the long term plan.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:19 AM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't know if that's entirely accurate. The 2016 pen had some rough spots and wasn't as good as previous years... and Soria was blah but that bullpen was complete light years ahead of this year. Soria would be the best pitcher in this current group.

Even with that, the 2016 pen at one point or another had Wade Davis, Herrera and Matt Strahm who was unhittable. Moylan, Flynn and Scott Alexander were solid too. Pretty much any of those 7 guys would be our best reliever on this team.

The biggest reason that team failed was because Moose and Cain both got hurt. Hard to win without two of your best players. Plus Volquez had a rough year.
You are arguing with a moron using logic.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:21 AM 05-05-2019
Possibly, but he would have to sign off on any move.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:21 AM 05-05-2019

Also this kid in MLB the Show, who was apparently abandoned by his family in Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/6UA2zPjxG8

— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) May 4, 2019

[Reply]
nychief 07:50 AM 05-05-2019

I just don't see the return being worth it. Although, the contract year bounce might make Alex want another contract.... which i would not be in favor of, unless it were a team friendly one year deal or something.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:43 AM 05-05-2019
Pen sucked last year too and the year before and didn't make the playoffs in 2016 because of the shitty pen.

They didn’t make the playoffs in 16 because of several factors. The pen wasn’t a huge one, and was secondary to:

1) injuries to Cain, Moustakas, and Gordon
2) the horrendous production from the #5 spot in the rotation. KC was something like 10-12 games under .500 on days that spot started

The pen was actually dynamic in August before fading in Sept.

That's scary. Dude got lucky a few times and is going to absolutely get raped in multiple trades.

You’re basing this on?

Moore’s track record in trades is pretty strong. Wade Davis for Jorge Soler being his only real bad move of a valuable asset.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:43 AM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
I hope so. Whit becomes the new left fielder. Starling in center. Lee in right. Dozier / Gutierrez at 3rd. Mondesi at SS, Lopez at 2nd. O'Hearn / Dozier at 1st. Everyone rotates at DH. Soler, Hamilton, Gore, and Owings are gone by the trade dead line.
Why get rid of Soler?

Seems like he’d make a nice power-hitting DH.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:55 AM 05-05-2019
1. Homer Bailey is our only deadline trade asset. And he’s a good one

2. DM doesn’t know “how to build a bullpen” any better than other GMs unless I see proof.

3. His PadrAIDS trade for Cahill et al was brutal but then, Strahm isn’t that big a sacrifice.

4. Justin Smoak’s 1st RBI in 2010 debut scored Vlad Guerrero. Yesterday Vlad Guerrero Jr 1st RBI scores.....guess who?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:15 AM 05-05-2019
God damn give Mondesi a contract before he gets too expensive
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:16 AM 05-05-2019
Mondesi is literally a MVP candidate
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:48 AM 05-05-2019
Good lord Gordon already has 8 HBPs. That puts him on pace for about 38 or 39 which would be the 2nd most in a single season. He needs to pick up his pace a bit if he wants 1st place. Ron Hunt had 50 in 1971 and here's an article to show you how absolutely insane that is https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...by-50-pitches/.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:29 PM 05-05-2019
Great clutch dinger by Doze. 2-2 game
[Reply]
Page 70 of 301
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up