ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1131 of 2688
« First < 13163110311081112111271128112911301131 113211331134113511411181123116312131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:39 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I expected it eventually, but I didn't expect that to come out of his mouth after 4 weeks.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:40 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Why pivot away from Paris at all? The damn war could've been over by Fall of 1914. But by pivoting south/Southeast, they created a gap in their lines that made the Miracle of the Marne possible. The Schlieffen Plan gets excoriated by historians but to my eyes the damn thing worked. The Germans were within a days march of Paris and it had been largely evacuated - take Paris and the War is effectively over (because John French would've gotten the English the hell out of dodge quickly; he wanted no part of a land war on continental Europe). Instead they get sidetracked by a battle they could've easily circled back to clean up and opened up a flank for Joffre to exploit. Suddenly you have the race to the sea, the Schlieffen plan is scrapped and millions of people die for no real reason. Just so very stupid.

I've never had the impression that the Germans should have won WWII; only that they maybe could have. Had Stalingrad not gone sideways on them, I guess it's possible. WWI, OTOH, they should've won 3 or 4 times over. They had every conceivable advantage and just shot themselves in the foot several times.
Dude we just need a history thread - I love conversations like this. I always compared Germany's failure to the Battle of Bull Run. Had the Confederates marched to the White House right after the battle, the Civil War is over in 1861.

I don't know, man. I'd agree that they "could" have won - but the opportunity to win was right there. To use a terrible sports comparison, it was like the Royals in Game 4 of the 2014 World Series. Had Ned gone to the the borgs with a 3 run lead (even though it was the 4th inning), the Royals would have taken the series. It wasn't clear cut, but in hindsight, it's what would have won it for the Royals.

In terms of WW2 Hitler was so convinced that the situation at Dunkirk was too good to be true. He was convinced, despite all evidence to the contrary, that there was a trap waiting for him. There were hundreds of thousands of British soldiers there. Had Hitler stormed Dunkirk in 1940, the entire war changes.

Okay, back to Mahomes. My bad.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:58 AM 10-03-2018
the one thing I hope that is being imparted on Pat is - the media will build you up, only to tear you down and apart. Don't listen to the media hype. They only exist to stir up stuff and create shit that isn't there to begin with or to make mountains out of mole-hills.

I have no idea...but I would bet that his father has already drilled this into his brain since he Pat was a kid; and I would suspect that Andy - having likely witnessed it several times with his players - has done the same. Collectively, the media is nothing but sucking parasites who only care about ratings and talking points. They don't care who you are or what you've done - as long as they get theirs.

Success isn't permanent. Failure isn't fatal. Just be you Pat, and play the game your way. Don't listen to the white noise.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:01 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
the one thing I hope that is being imparted on Pat is - the media will build you up, only to tear you down and apart. Don't listen to the media hype. They only exist to stir up stuff.

I have no idea...but I would bet that his father has already drilled this into his brain since he Pat was a kid; and I would suspect that Andy - having likely witnessed it several times with his players - has done the same. Collectively, the media is nothing but sucking parasites who only care about ratings and talking points. They don't care who you are or what you've done - as long as they get theirs.

Success isn't permanent. Failure isn't fatal. Just be you Pat, and play the game your way. Don't listen to the white noise.
If we lose that game in Denver.....you can fucking guarantee that the narrative was that Pat was just a flash in the pan. Yeah it was nice to throw for 13 TDs but you can't win in Denver.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:04 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by ExtremeChief:
Good Rany article:

https://twitter.com/jazayerli/status...90979828326400
Holy crap, Rany just wrote hands down THE BEST article on Mahomes, The Chiefs, and this fanbase to date.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:13 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
If we lose that game in Denver.....you can ****ing guarantee that the narrative was that Pat was just a flash in the pan. Yeah it was nice to throw for 13 TDs but you can't win in Denver.
Yup.

athletes are in a perpetual lose/lose with the media.
If I were a player, other than my contractual media obligations whehter through the team or endorsements etc, I wouldn't talk to any of them (national media)

There's no upside. MAYBE by increasing your 'brand' per se via exposure.....but at what cost.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:19 AM 10-03-2018
How would you describe Patrick Mahomes' voice?

Andy Reid: "Froggish"

:-)
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:28 AM 10-03-2018
Rany is possibly the best writer I know, and he roots for my teams. So cool.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:48 AM 10-03-2018
Good Rany article:

I'm not crying; you're crying!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:48 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Holy crap, Rany just wrote hands down THE BEST article on Mahomes, The Chiefs, and this fanbase to date.
This article. OMG. Amazing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:49 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:

“He almost lost on Monday night. He had one TD!”

No he didn’t Dan. He had two, and could’ve easily had 3.
:-)

He had two, had a third dropped, Kelce got stopped inside the 5, Harris fell down at the 11 for no reason....

He could have easily had FOUR or FIVE touchdowns.
[Reply]
In58men 11:50 AM 10-03-2018
Mahomes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:54 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
Mahomes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing Mahomes lacks is the size of Cam Newton or John Elway and the speed of michael Vick.

He's got the escapability of a Tarkenton, the accuracy of a Montana, the arm and playful passion of Brett Favre along with the brain of Manning and the competitiveness of Tom Brady.

It's like he was created in a fucking lab.

Will

Be

Legend
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:00 PM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
The only thing Mahomes lacks is the size of Cam Newton or John Elway and the speed of michael Vick.

He's got the escapability of a Tarkenton, the accuracy of a Montana, the arm and playful passion of Brett Favre along with the brain of Manning and the competitiveness of Tom Brady.

It's like he was created in a ****ing lab.

Will

Be

Legend

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 PM 10-03-2018
Good Rany article:

Best reaction.

pic.twitter.com/aBPVJ9Goi2

— DynastyFeed (@dynastyfeed) October 3, 2018

[Reply]
Page 1131 of 2688
« First < 13163110311081112111271128112911301131 113211331134113511411181123116312131 > Last »
Up