ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 103
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:42 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And they have officially covered up
For the shitty QB recruiting under Heupel.

They’re positioned really nicely now for the post-Lock era.
How many of the scholarship QB's on the roster do you see leaving the program with Kelly Bryant here for next year and Shawn Robinson for 2 years after that?

It kind of looks like time for 4 of them to leave....
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:10 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
How many of the scholarship QB's on the roster do you see leaving the program with Kelly Bryant here for next year and Shawn Robinson for 2 years after that?

They could lose all but bezelak and that would be fine, with those two on board.

(Although I suppose they need a backup for next season)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:27 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

At least one will stick around to be Bryant’s backup, I’d think. Bazelak and Robinson both will be redshirting, I think.

Would guess Wilson may stick one more year, then grad transfer.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
They could lose all but bezelak and that would be fine, with those two on board.

(Although I suppose they need a backup for next season)
They have Brady Cook in the 2020 class.

Every other QB on the roster is free to GTFO. Wilson, Lowary, Powell and that kid from Louisiana can go off to some FBS school where their talents will actually play.

I still can't believe how badly they let that quarterback pool degrade. What a shit show.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:20 PM 12-18-2018
Quite a bit of commitment stuff happening today/yesterday.

Interesting kid: niko Hea of CBC in St. Louis. TE. Didn’t camp at all, didn’t get the ball much as a junior because CBC had Cam Brown and Kam Babb. He had no junior tape.

He’s currently an unranked prospect, but his tape really pops out (his speed/agility and open-field ability are rare attributes for a TE).

I think he’s going to be another diamond-in-the-rough story a few years down the road.
He blew up his senior year. He was somebody the Bears offered after his junior year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:35 AM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They have Brady Cook in the 2020 class.

Every other QB on the roster is free to GTFO. Wilson, Lowary, Powell and that kid from Louisiana can go off to some FBS school where their talents will actually play.

I still can't believe how badly they let that quarterback pool degrade. What a shit show.

It was a bad combination. Pinkel’s staff was kind of complacent heading into 2015/2016. Then the protests and coaching change happened (which basically burned the ability to close strong in 2016 class). Then the 2017 class and 2018 class and even 2019 were heavily impacted by Heupel’s QB recruiting, which was shitty.

I like where it’s headed now, though. They’re still trying on the IMG academy QB, Baldwin, too, for the 2019 class.

Cook is also a good prospect for 2020.

As for the 2019 season, I’d like to see at least one of the current QBs on the roster stick just to have a backup option if something happens to Bryant. Not sure if that’s Powell or Wilson.
[Reply]
blake5676 08:38 AM 12-19-2018
Any word on Chester Graves? Does a JUCO transfer have a different signing date than a regular HS kid? Would be a massive get if we could land him. Either way, I'm semi-impressed with Odom and this current crop.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:23 AM 12-19-2018
It was a bad combination. Pinkel’s staff was kind of complacent heading into 2015/2016. Then the protests and coaching change happened (which basically burned the ability to close strong in 2016 class). Then the 2017 class and 2018 class and even 2019 were heavily impacted by Heupel’s QB recruiting, which was shitty.

I like where it’s headed now, though. They’re still trying on the IMG academy QB, Baldwin, too, for the 2019 class.

Cook is also a good prospect for 2020.

As for the 2019 season, I’d like to see at least one of the current QBs on the roster stick just to have a backup option if something happens to Bryant. Not sure if that’s Powell or Wilson.

You'd think Wilson because he's a legacy (I covered his -- and Lock's -- father in college, shows how old I am).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
He blew up his senior year. He was somebody the Bears offered after his junior year.
Oh. Well I mean if SMS was after him, you know he must be awesome...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:13 AM 12-19-2018
How does Steckel still have a job?
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 12-19-2018
MSU mother fucker. We aren't into that old shit anymore.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:25 AM 12-19-2018

Smart offer by them. Kid had no tape and hadn’t camped headed into his senior year.

I’m really high on him. If he hadn’t been playing with Babb and Cam Brown, I think he would have been a top 250 recruit.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:29 AM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Try to be unworthless and we'll consider it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I remember that time you guys changed some logos and stuff but otherwise did absolutely nothing to change...well, anything else.

So that was neat.

Look, I need secretarial staff as much as the next guy and the knowledge that each one of the SMS applicants almost certainly has 3 or 4 strands of exceedingly virulent V.D. makes sure that we have fewer fraternization concerns.
[Reply]
O.city 12:17 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Try to be unworthless and we'll consider it.
We’ve got Jackie stiles and 2 final four banners.

The football team is worthless but hey, we trained your basketball coach up nice
[Reply]
Page 90 of 103
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Up