ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs defense is the laughing stock of league
493rd 05:26 PM 11-11-2019
They just spent 5min on ESPN highlighting how terrible we are....

31st against the run giving up 148yds per game
30th against the run allowing almost 5.2yds per carry

What they said was absolutely correct too; we won’t beat anyone in the playoffs in this current state.

DEJA fucking VU fo the past decade.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:35 PM 11-11-2019
When they get tired of being made fun they will play with more anger. When Andy gets tired of it he will design a game plan that helps them. All he does is wing it everywhere with no regard to the defense. If we had a good defense he could do that but we don't. We have bunch of cast off bums at LB for certain and no depth.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:37 PM 11-11-2019
We are now the Packers of old. Rogers wins the game or they lose. No ground attack and defense is just crap. They didn't change until Like left and we may be the same. As long as Andy has Mahomes he won't change.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:39 PM 11-11-2019
I don't understand why we aren't looking at guys like Zach brown or Brandon Marshall. Worst case, quality depth for probably not a lot of $.
[Reply]
old_geezer 06:41 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
31st in run defense!! However there is no possible way we can be 32. We allow 148.1 a game. The number 32 the Bengals allow 177 a game
Chief's Defense: "Here, hold our beers".
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:42 PM 11-11-2019
I don't understand how they can go so many years without caring about having a stud LB to run the defense. O also don't get how Andy can't have the brains to adjust his offense to help the defense. It's literally stupid not to.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:53 PM 11-11-2019
Yeah the old guys love to talk how important the fucking running game is. Yada yada yada. Time of possession yada yada.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:56 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
It's been twenty years since they were dominant.

Nobody seems to care...:-)
They were a top 10 defense for 2 or 3 years under Sutton.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:57 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I don't understand how they can go so many years without caring about having a stud LB to run the defense. O also don't get how Andy can't have the brains to adjust his offense to help the defense. It's literally stupid not to.
Suppose to be Hitchens.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:05 PM 11-11-2019
It's hard to have a good defense when your entire team is soft. The most important things about defense are toughness, focus, aggression. You can make up for a lot of problems by just knocking the crap out of people.

Our team is tissue paper soft because our Head Coach is soft. I don't know how we are ever going to field a good defense with Andy hugging and kissing everyone.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:08 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It's hard to have a good defense when your entire team is soft. The most important things about defense are toughness, focus, aggression. You can make up for a lot of problems by just knocking the crap out of people.

Our team is tissue paper soft because our Head Coach is soft. I don't know how we are ever going to field a good defense with Andy hugging and kissing everyone.
I wanted Gregg Williams for DC. That MFer is mean
[Reply]
JakeF 07:10 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Suppose to be Hitchens.
Hitchens was good in Dallas, he transformed into crap when he came to KC.

When players are bad on your team but good elsewhere, it's usually a sign of bad coaching or bad team chemistry.

I really don't like how Thornhill is playing soft and lazy. It makes me think that Mathieu is a bad example.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:12 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Hitchens was good in Dallas, he transformed into crap when he came to KC.

When players are bad on your team but good elsewhere, it's usually a sign of bad coaching or bad team chemistry.

I really don't like how Thornhill is playing soft and lazy. It makes me think that Mathieu is a bad example.
Mathieu is too busy fighting people on twitter to be a good mentor to Thornhill.

Yet ANOTHER Brett Veach bust.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:12 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I wanted Gregg Williams for DC. That MFer is mean
Me too but he won't come here because his family lives nearby. :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:14 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Bring him in for a look?
[Reply]
NWTF 07:15 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I think it was Dan Orlovsky today that said that we are allowing an average of 90 rushing yards per game....IN THE SECOND HALF ALONE this year.

If it holds up, it would be the worst mark in that category in the last 25 years.

Let that sink in for a second. Worst second half run defense in a quarter century.

For a franchise that supposedly spent all offseason trying to fix the defense, that is just hilariously pathetic. Like all you can do at this point is laugh. What a ****ing joke.
This is pretty bad. Rushing yards allowed is an underrated stat. People forget how a team can take control of game by being able to run the football late in the game. Its the simplest way to close out games, if you can do it. 90 rushing yards allowed in the 2nd half alone is a lot considering how many possessions you may have.

A team allowing 90 rushing yards in the 2nd half of games Id expect to be under .500. The Chiefs are not, but this is a horrible thing to be this bad at. The Chiefs have to take that step of once you get up early you got to step on the throat of teams, which they seldom do. They are vulnerable to more teams than they should be because of this.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up