ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:49 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I’m sure those scientists understand how herd immunity works, but you do you.
I'm sure they do. And keep watching your TV.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:54 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I'm sure they do. And keep watching your TV.
Why would I do that? Is there a documentary about herd immunity coming on? I honestly don’t watch much TV with the exception of sports and a couple of shows I’m dedicated to like The Mandalorian and Ozark. Please let me know when this documentary is showing and you be sure to watch as well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:57 AM 12-06-2020
Why would I do that? Is there a documentary about herd immunity coming on? I honestly don’t watch much TV with the exception of sports and a couple of shows I’m dedicated to like The Mandalorian and Ozark. Please let me know when this documentary is showing and you be sure to watch as well.

Then explain how the vaccines will impact the basic SIR model for the current Sars-COV2 pandemic. Enlighten us.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 AM 12-06-2020
I’m a while removed from virology and infectious disease classes, but iirc vaccinations would change the basic SIR model by moving those from the S to recovered without having to become infected.

Vaccines also introduce different standard models than basic SIR but again, it’s been a while
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:05 AM 12-06-2020
Then explain how the vaccines will impact the basic SIR model for the current Sars-COV2 pandemic. Enlighten us.
I would assume it would lower the number of people susceptible to the virus and therefore lower the rate of infection. This is of course assuming the vaccine works as stated by those involved in its development and testing.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:11 AM 12-06-2020
I would assume it would lower the number of people susceptible to the virus and therefore lower the rate of infection. This is of course assuming the vaccine works as stated by those involved in its development and testing.
Yes, that would be ideal. I don't think we can assume that yet.
https://www.wired.com/story/does-the...-transmission/
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 12-06-2020
Hence why the more vaccinated the less susceptible to serious infection. That’s where you start with w vaccine. Does it facilitate a response that protects the individual from serious infection. Then go out from there.

I would say it’s a good assumption that these will keep transmission from happening but we don’t KNOW for sure yet.

It’s one of those “until I see it doesn’t I will assume it does” things for me
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:16 AM 12-06-2020
Dude, you getting your scientific facts off wired? Come on man :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:26 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dude, you getting your scientific facts off wired? Come on man :-)
No, but I thought it was a fair easy to understand summary of relevant facts.

The head of Pfizer straight up said he doesn't know if his vaccine stops transmission.
[Reply]
cdcox 01:30 PM 12-06-2020
No, but I thought it was a fair easy to understand summary of relevant facts.

The head of Pfizer straight up said he doesn't know if his vaccine stops transmission.
It would be an unusual situation for a vaccine to generate a strong immune response and not significantly reduce transmission. He doesn't know because he doesn't have the data yet, but it is the strongly expected outcome.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:55 PM 12-06-2020
My wife has practiced medicine for about 25 years and has never had patient die to causes related to vaccine or require any sort of hospitalization, she also hasn’t had any patients show any long term effects related to vaccines.

In that same timeframe she has had multiple patients show long term effects of influenza, SARs and other viruses, seizures disorders, reduced lung function. Cardiomyopathy along with other things some leading to job loss , long term disability , reduced life expectancy etc..
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 05:59 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
My wife has practiced medicine for about 25 years and has never had patient die to causes related to vaccine or require any sort of hospitalization, she also hasn’t had any patients show any long term effects related to vaccines.

In that same timeframe she has had multiple patients show long term effects of influenza, SARs and other viruses, seizures disorders, reduced lung function. Cardiomyopathy along with other things some leading to job loss , long term disability , reduced life expectancy etc..
The fact there's even an argument is concerning.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:15 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
While true, it's completely unsurprising.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:22 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
It would be an unusual situation for a vaccine to generate a strong immune response and not significantly reduce transmission. He doesn't know because he doesn't have the data yet, but it is the strongly expected outcome.
Sounds like you're hopeful, that's great. I have seen people who have worked at companies like Pfizer that disagree.

What's amazing to me is how natural infection early on we got stupid stories about how immunity might not last in the media and now the vaccines can do it all!

What a turnaround.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:06 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Vaccines related to the Gates Foundation and the WHO are very "problematic."

Much like it's not the gun I'm against but the person wielding it...
[Reply]
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up