ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>Zack Snyder's Justice League Director's cut will air on HBOMAX
Tribal Warfare 12:38 PM 05-20-2020

�� It's official, The Snyder Cut of #JusticeLeague is coming to HBO Max in 2021. �� pic.twitter.com/1kgcXFMk6D

— Rotten Tomatoes (@RottenTomatoes) May 20, 2020

This is real. #releasethesnydercut@HBOMax pic.twitter.com/Cnvupwg48W

— Zack Snyder (@ZackSnyder) May 20, 2020

[Reply]
Bowser 10:35 AM 05-24-2020
Bale had Nolan directing him which is an improvement by order of magnitudes over Snyder. As Rams Fan said, Bale was fine in his interpretation, but what could Nolan have done with Affleck?

If we're going to play hypotheticals, I wonder what Justice League would have looked like with a talent like Nolan at the helm.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:49 PM 05-24-2020
A lot of you guys actually liked Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne??? lol dude looked like a bloated mess in that suit. Also it didn't help that he was working with so much botox either.

I wish Affleck would get back to directing, cause imo that's his strong suit. Loved The Town & Gone Baby Gone.

Regarding Nolan, I'd kill for him to direct a proper Green Lantern film. I think he'd knock it out of the park.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:13 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
A lot of you guys actually liked Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne??? lol dude looked like a bloated mess in that suit. Also it didn't help that he was working with so much botox either.
This is all complete and utter nonsense and fallacy.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:25 PM 05-24-2020
https://www.thewrap.com/how-the-rele...would-podcast/

“There’s not going to be any reshoots of any kind with any actors,” Gonzalez said. “It’s just additional dialogue. Here’s something that hasn’t been reported yet: (Snyder) did want to shoot and he wanted to do additional photography but HBO Max said no, that’s not happening. We’ll give you money for post-production, for special effects, for scoring, and even ADR but no reshoots of any kind on this movie.”
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:19 PM 05-24-2020
This is SUCH a great gamble by Warner Brothers.

Justice League grossed $657 million at the box office, meaning somewhere between 35 and 38 million people paid for a ticket worldwide. They're dumping a mere $30 million on top of the initial $300 million they spent on the original iteration, so they only need around 2 million new subscribers to cover the cost of producing this version, of which I'm sure will be a new "Collector's Version" as well.

It's a great way to create "new content" and gain new subscribers without actually creating new content or spending much money at all.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not other studios follow this model with underappreciated films or films that didn't meet original expectations due to budgetary limitations, director changes, etc. because it could lead to an unexpected gold mine for new startup streamers such as Peacock, the new iteration of CBS All Access and so on.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:04 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is SUCH a great gamble by Warner Brothers.

Justice League grossed $657 million at the box office, meaning somewhere between 35 and 38 million people paid for a ticket worldwide. They're dumping a mere $30 million on top of the initial $300 million they spent on the original iteration, so they only need around 2 million new subscribers to cover the cost of producing this version, of which I'm sure will be a new "Collector's Version" as well.

It's a great way to create "new content" and gain new subscribers without actually creating new content or spending much money at all.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not other studios follow this model with underappreciated films or films that didn't meet original expectations due to budgetary limitations, director changes, etc. because it could lead to an unexpected gold mine for new startup streamers such as Peacock, the new iteration of CBS All Access and so on.
I'm hoping its a success and they get Henry Cavill back for a Man of Steel sequel. I still see Affleck as done.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:40 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I still see Affleck as done.
Potential spoiler
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:16 PM 05-24-2020
Speaking of Affleck, I recently watched ‘The Way Back’ and it was quite excellent. And he was excellent in it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:41 PM 05-24-2020

AT&T and #WarnerMedia want Ben Affleck to return to the Batman role! https://t.co/FWbcugeNgN

— The Cultured Nerd (@TheCulturedNerd) May 24, 2020

[Reply]
sully1983 11:28 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is all complete and utter nonsense and fallacy.
Sorry not sorry but I didn't like his butt chin in the suit .:-) He looked like such a dumbass and was given pretty bad direction (so it wasn't totally his fault but I just didn't buy him as Batman). .
[Reply]
Valiant 04:00 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The only problem with Batman in those movies was the fat bat emblem.
Wut? That is close to the Miller dark knight logo.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:23 PM 05-25-2020
Sorry not sorry but I didn't like his butt chin in the suit .:-) He looked like such a dumbass and was given pretty bad direction (so it wasn't totally his fault but I just didn't buy him as Batman). .
I thought he played a good batman, wasn't completely sold on his Bruce.
[Reply]
bowener 12:06 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The only problem with Batman in those movies was the fat bat emblem.
You probably know, but it is from The Dark Knight Returns. If you haven't read it please do.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:08 PM 05-26-2020
Remember when I said that no "Snyder Cut" exists a few years back? Well, the Chairman of Warner Media just confirmed my post in a podcast. There's some other interesting info as well, including the fact that it'll cost way more than $30 million, just as I suspected.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5LjvxFRWaqPwb72ZfQh2CT

It isn’t as easy as going into the vault and there’s a Snyder Cut sitting there to put out. It does not exist. Zack is actually building it and it’s complex including…new VFX shots, it’s a radical rethinking of that movie and it’s complicated and wildly expensive. I’ll just say I wish it was just 30 million and stop there. It’s an enormous undertaking and very complex.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:15 PM 05-26-2020
I couldn't care less what you thought of the movie or Affleck's acting.

A lol dude looked like a bloated mess in that suit.
He was not a "bloated mess". The dude was training heavily for the role and wasn't "bloated" at all.

Also it didn't help that he was working with so much botox either.
What the fuck does this even mean? Working with botox? Who "works" with Botox?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up