ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 153
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
As far as Grace Park versus Katee Sackhoff, I've never really thought of Grace as a particularly good actor, either on BSG or from her run on Hawaii 5.0, but she's definitely the more attractive of the two.
I didn't mean to imply that either are the type of actresses that can carry a network TV show, let alone, a feature film.

Grace Park has been a very good and bankable ensemble TV actress whereas Katie Sackoff has not had the same type of career and appears to have less range than Park.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:16 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Big fan of Timothy Olyphant, although I've never watched Santa Clarita Diet.

As far as Grace Park versus Katee Sackhoff, I've never really thought of Grace as a particularly good actor, either on BSG or from her run on Hawaii 5.0, but she's definitely the more attractive of the two. Although I may be biased - I have a thing for Asian women and don't generally like blondes.
It's a different role for him; he's a bit goofy and a pussy.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:30 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
It's a different role for him; he's a bit goofy and a pussy.
He was basically Darren from Bewitched, except instead of being married to a pretty blonde witch he was married to a pretty blonde zombie. Outside of that the dynamic was exactly the same.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:53 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He was basically Darren from Bewitched, except instead of being married to a pretty blonde witch he was married to a pretty blonde zombie. Outside of that the dynamic was exactly the same.
That’s a fair comparison. Though Drew Barrymore wasn’t all that attractive in the show, IMO. She was a bit on the heavy side. Either way, I found it a mildly entertaining watch.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:07 PM 05-17-2020
That’s a fair comparison. Though Drew Barrymore wasn’t all that attractive in the show, IMO. She was a bit on the heavy side. Either way, I found it a mildly entertaining watch.
She's certainly no Elizabeth Montgomery, but not bad.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:28 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
She's certainly no Elizabeth Montgomery, but not bad.
The old adage "The camera adds 10 pounds" should really be revised to "The camera adds at least 20 pounds".

I've run into Drew several times a year in the past 15 or so years and I have to say, she looks completely "normal" in person. She isn't a girl that anyone would think off-camera is "heavy", let alone, "fat".

It's really shocking to run into most of these people in person because for the most part, they're so freaking thin, they're almost anorexic! And it's not just the women, it's the men, too. Their faces are so gaunt, their legs soooo thin - it just doesn't look "natural" in real life.

For example, we have a close friend that's a commercial actress. In person, she looks like skin and bones - literally. She's very pretty and some would say -beautiful - but she's a stick figure. But when you see her on TV or FaceTime or Zoom - she's stunning and looks amazing.

Some people just look amazing on film while most of us (myself included - I HATE seeing pictures of myself or on video chat), just can't pull it off.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:31 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The old adage "The camera adds 10 pounds" should really be revised to "The camera adds at least 20 pounds".

I've run into Drew several times a year in the past 15 or so years and I have to say, she looks completely "normal" in person. She isn't a girl that anyone would think off-camera is "heavy", let alone, "fat".

It's really shocking to run into most of these people in person because for the most part, they're so freaking thin, they're almost anorexic! And it's not just the women, it's the men, too. Their faces are so gaunt, their legs soooo thin - it just doesn't look "natural" in real life.

For example, we have a close friend that's a commercial actress. In person, she looks like skin and bones - literally. She's very pretty and some would say -beautiful - but she's a stick figure. But when you see her on TV or FaceTime or Zoom - she's stunning and looks amazing.

Some people just look amazing on film while most of us (myself included - I HATE seeing pictures of myself or on video chat), just can't pull it off.
Ditto on pictures of myself. I started hating myself on any kind of film as a kid and never really grew out of it. I did finally reach the point where I accept pictures as a part of life as opposed to trying to hide from them. Though the worst is my voice. I literally cringe any time I hear myself and realize that is what other people hear and not the voice I hear.

Anyway, I realize the camera has a tendency to add pounds but, it looked like legit weight gain on SCD. So I went a googling and found this -

Originally Posted by :
The “Santa Clarita Diet” star told the story in a roundtable with other comedy actresses, such as Allison Brie, Tracee Ellis Ross, and Debra Messing. When “Divorce” actress Molly Shannon recalled an audition in which someone asked if she had gained “like a hundred pounds,” Barrymore was inspired to disclose her recent body-shaming experience.

Barrymore—who has two daughters, Olive, 5, and Frankie, 4, with her ex-husband Will Kopelman—recalled a woman coming up to her at a restaurant and telling her that she has “so many kids.” When Barrymore corrected her, informing her that she only has two, the woman gestured at the actress’s stomach, assuming that she has another on the way. That’s when Barrymore shut her down and told her that, no, she isn’t pregnant, she just gained weight.

“That happened to me recently,” Barrymore said. “I’d gained a bunch of weight, and I was in a restaurant, and a woman goes, ‘God, you have so many kids.’ And I was like, ‘Well, two.’ And she goes, ‘And obviously one on the way.’ I looked at her and, for the first time in my life, I go, ‘No, I’m just fucking fat.'”
https://stylecaster.com/drew-barrymo...-fat-pregnant/

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:36 PM 05-17-2020
:-)
People are just mean.

Most of these actresses are diet controlling substances and it's a well known "secret" that most actors and actresses spend a good amount of time bathing in Epsom salt to cut weight before photoshoots and certain scenes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:57 PM 05-17-2020
Forgive my ignorance but what does bathing in Epsom salts do?
[Reply]
Fish 08:57 AM 05-18-2020
People are just mean.

Most of these actresses are diet controlling substances and it's a well known "secret" that most actors and actresses spend a good amount of time bathing in Epsom salt to cut weight before photoshoots and certain scenes.
Bathing is salt doesn't affect one's weight.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:04 AM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Bathing is salt doesn't affect one's weight.
Most of these actors and actresses say they'll lose up to 12 pounds by bathing in epsom salt because it draws out excess water weight. I have no idea whether it works or not because I've never tried it but I do know that it's a very common practice.

Scott Foley, Jennifer Garner's ex-husband, explain in this article how he prepares for shirtless scenes:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=28553149

"Drink a ton of water -- as much as you can -- don't eat anything, get in a sauna, sweat it out," he explained. "When you get home, get in a bath, as hot as you can take it. You fill it with Epsom salt and really hot water -- like 20 lbs. of Epsom salt so it's so salty that the salt doesn't even dissolve. That's going to suck all this water out of your body. You could drop 12-15 pounds by tomorrow morning."
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:08 AM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, I don't hate Dawson or anything, but I'd think Eckstien would be the better play there. But I don't know shit about casting.

She was good in Longmire.

Just feels like an underdog story. That's all. I'm no huge fanboi or anything. I'm just glad she is finding success.
Katie Sackoff was pretty good in BG as well.

I'll watch just about anything with her in it. I think she is a reasonably good actress, and easy on the eyes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:12 AM 05-18-2020
Most of these actors and actresses say they'll lose up to 12 pounds by bathing in epsom salt because it draws out excess water weight. I have no idea whether it works or not because I've never tried it but I do know that it's a very common practice.

Scott Foley, Jennifer Garner's ex-husband, explain in this article how he prepares for shirtless scenes:

"Drink a ton of water -- as much as you can -- don't eat anything, get in a sauna, sweat it out," he explained. "When you get home, get in a bath, as hot as you can take it. You fill it with Epsom salt and really hot water -- like 20 lbs. of Epsom salt so it's so salty that the salt doesn't even dissolve. That's going to suck all this water out of your body. You could drop 12-15 pounds by tomorrow morning."
Oh this sounds fun.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:17 AM 05-18-2020

Jesus, that has to be horrible for a person's kidneys.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:52 AM 05-18-2020

Yeah. I’m not tough enough for that.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 153
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up