ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 153
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
keg in kc 04:16 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
All of the filming was finished last year.

The Post Production team has been working from home since early March and while it's slower than it would be if they were onsite, the series will start on time in early October.

Pre-Production for Season 3 began last year as well, although filming has not begun as of yet.
What I remember reading was that they wrapped in February or March (I think the cinematographer's tweet about it was in early March), rather than last year, but either way, yeah, it finished shooting before the widespread covid quarantining started.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:52 AM 05-12-2020
Katie Sackoff is Bo-Katan Kryze in The Mandalorian, Season 2

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-mandal...on-2-bo-katan/

Battlestar Galactica star and Star Wars veteran Katee Sackhoff is joining The Mandalorian season 2. We have exclusively learned that Sackhoff will be playing a live-action version of Bo-Katan Kryze, a Mandalorian warrior she previously voiced in Dave Filoni’s animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and later Star Wars Rebels.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:42 AM 05-12-2020
Good for her, she's carved out a nice little career.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:51 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It makes me feel for Ashley Eckstein, who portrayed Ahsoka in The Clone Wars and Rebels, because she was passed over in favor of Rosario Dawson whereas Katie Sackhoff will portray her character in both the animated and live-action versions.

It's pretty clear that you'll be able to draw a fairly straight line between The Clone Wars, Rebels and now The Mandalorian in terms of storytelling and story arcs and how it's all interconnected.

Dave Filoni truly is the future of Star Wars.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:35 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I kinda feel like people keep wanting Katie Sackoff to happen and she just doesn't.

I dunno - maybe it's because I just didn't watch Battlestar Galactica so I don't appreciate her at all. But I've seen her in a few things and I've seen her as a highly touted addition to a series/movie or two and I've just never though "oh hell yes, she'll make that a lot better..."

She's just there.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:45 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I kinda feel like people keep wanting Katie Sackoff to happen and she just doesn't.

I dunno - maybe it's because I just didn't watch Battlestar Galactica so I don't appreciate her at all. But I've seen her in a few things and I've seen her as a highly touted addition to a series/movie or two and I've just never though "oh hell yes, she'll make that a lot better..."

She's just there.
I don't believe I've ever seen her in anything, save for the animated Star Wars series, but I do like the continuity this casting brings.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:47 PM 05-12-2020
That makes total sense, casting her. Fans of Clone Wars will like it.

I saw a blurb yesterday, per our earlier discussion, that Disney has gone on record now saying that Season 2 will not be delayed.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:16 PM 05-12-2020
It makes me feel for Ashley Eckstein, who portrayed Ahsoka in The Clone Wars and Rebels, because she was passed over in favor of Rosario Dawson whereas Katie Sackhoff will portray her character in both the animated and live-action versions.

It's pretty clear that you'll be able to draw a fairly straight line between The Clone Wars, Rebels and now The Mandalorian in terms of storytelling and story arcs and how it's all interconnected.

Yeah, I don't hate Dawson or anything, but I'd think Eckstien would be the better play there. But I don't know shit about casting.

She's just there.
She was good in Longmire.

Just feels like an underdog story. That's all. I'm no huge fanboi or anything. I'm just glad she is finding success.
[Reply]
bowener 03:46 PM 05-12-2020

What is your opinion on the casting of Dawson? Was it for name recognition alone? Is it because RD has shown she can do some action on screen? I agree that it sucks that Sackhoff won't get the chance, but I have full faith in Filoni.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:49 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
What is your opinion on the casting of Dawson? Was it for name recognition alone? Is it because RD has shown she can do some action on screen?
I, like other Star Wars fans, would have liked to have seen Ashley Eckstein get the role because she's not only the voice of Ahsoka, she also performs as Ahsoka through Motion Capture technology. So her facial expressions, gestures, walk, lightsaber fighting and movements are all hers.

But with that said, I'm sure that Dave Filoni would have hired her if he felt she was the best person to portray Ahsoka in a Live-Action setting and since he's done an absolutely amazing and wonderful job with The Clone Wars, Rebels and now The Mandalorian, I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to casting.

Rosario Dawson is a damn fine actress and I'm sure she'll be excellent in the role. I'm also sure that people like me will "get over it" as soon as we see her performance onscreen.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:49 PM 05-12-2020
Katee Sackhoff played a bit of a throw away character in Riddick, but she looked pretty fine in a blink-and-you-miss-it scene...

Image: Not Safe for Work

I've seen a few interviews with her, and she looks to be legit hilarious. Worthy Hollywood crush.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:06 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Katee Sackhoff played a bit of a throw away character in Riddick, but she looked pretty fine in a blink-and-you-miss-it scene...

Image: Not Safe for Work

I've seen a few interviews with her, and she looks to be legit hilarious. Worthy Hollywood crush.
She also on the cancelled the revival series The Bionic Woman as the the primary antagonist
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:45 AM 05-14-2020
BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Marshmallows and Star Wars.

The internet is undefeated...��pic.twitter.com/CDAUqNfFa6

— Rex Chapman���� (@RexChapman) May 14, 2020

Poor Ewan McGregor. Guy acted his ass off on that trilogy and there was just no way he was pulling Hayden Christiansen along with him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:29 PM 05-14-2020
BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Poor Ewan McGregor. Guy acted his ass off on that trilogy and there was just no way he was pulling Hayden Christiansen along with him.
That particular scene was some of the best acting in the whole Star Wars universe.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:45 PM 05-15-2020

[Reply]
Page 35 of 153
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up