ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Media Center>Official Rick and Morty thread
bowener 07:58 PM 03-26-2014
I searched and could not find anything on here about this awesome show.

Seriously, if you like animated shows for adults, then you have to watch this fucking show.

It is on adultswim, you can watch episodes online.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:20 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
That's the worst episode of the season lol. Still great though. You'll love the rest of the season.
The Ricklantis Mixup was one of the few things I can recall anywhere or any time that actually earned the adjective mindblowing.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 07:42 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The Ricklantis Mixup was one of the few things I can recall anywhere or any time that actually earned the adjective mindblowing.
I agree! Might be my favorite R&M episode.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:02 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Wow.... just watching Season 3 now. S03E02 Rickmancing the Stone might be one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a long time...

Hope the rest of the season is this good....
If you have slack time for tomfoolery, the Emergency Awesome channel on youtube has decent Easter Egg recaps for every episode. They're kind of long so I haven't caught a whole bunch of them, but they do a good job of catching some of the quick screengrab references you might miss without being overly exhaustive pointing out the obvious or gushing about the episode endlessly and pointlessly.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 02:37 PM 06-06-2019
Season 4 November 2019 Bitches. :-)

[Reply]
Bowser 02:55 PM 06-06-2019

via GIPHY

[Reply]
MTG#10 06:06 PM 06-06-2019

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:32 PM 06-06-2019
Watching unedited Ricky and Morty on Hulu is even more amazing than on CN.

NSFW

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Lzen 08:12 AM 06-07-2019
My oldest son talked me into checking out this show. Binged all 3 seasons and now I'm hooked. Too bad we have to wait so long for season 4. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 09:15 AM 06-07-2019
My kids pestered me into trying it. Started watching, and binged it like a crack whore with a death wish.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:22 PM 10-31-2019
10 more days until we get a new episode!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-01-2019, 12:22 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: fuck it
WhiteWhale 10:08 PM 11-04-2019
If I wasn't gooch deep in catching up on Big Mouth, I could be talked into a ultra-rare REwatch on this show. The stories are good enough, the animation is good enough and the details are certainly numerous.

Both R&M and BM are excellent in very different ways, among the best TV has to offer all-around right now.
Big Mouth is creepy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 AM 11-05-2019
Yeah I have a friend that swears by Big Mouth and he's a fan of a lot of the things I am (Letterkenny, R&M, Archer) - I've tried it an I spend most of it just feeling vaguely uncomfortable.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:38 AM 11-05-2019
Is it because the animated kids are drawn 'cute' or something? Because The Simpsons and South Park kind of plowed the entire field on kids tackling adult subjects.

I can think of criticisms of the show, but honestly creepy is one I struggle with, unless you refuse to contemplate the idea of tweens even thinking about puberty, sex and drugs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:53 AM 11-05-2019
Is it because the animated kids are drawn 'cute' or something? Because The Simpsons and South Park kind of plowed the entire field on kids tackling adult subjects.

I can think of criticisms of the show, but honestly creepy is one I struggle with, unless you refuse to contemplate the idea of tweens even thinking about puberty, sex and drugs.
Pretty sure you answered your question.

Look - I vaguely remember me at 12 years old and yeah, we thought about that stuff. But I kinda cringe thinking back on it anyway. Making it the foundation of the humor for a television so (animated or otherwise) is just...odd. And slightly offputting.

It's okay when it's 12 year old talking to other 12 year olds about how their parts work, but when it becomes awkward sexual advances between said 12 year olds and it's put out there for general viewing, it's just...creepy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-05-2019, 09:55 AM
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 11-05-2019
Yup, to each their own.

I've used my FIL's words before in similar situations but it's a lesson that has a lot of applicability.

My HS girlfriend (now wife) was a year behind me and would come up to college my freshman year to 'visit friends' for the weekend. And she'd make up some shit about what she was doing and who she was staying with and blah blah blah.

And after a couple months of that her dad just said "Look, I know what you're doing. You don't need to lie about it but let's just not rub it in my face and we'll be just fine..."

I know what's going on with these hormone addled lunatics - I remember middle school. But I just don't see much point in rubbing my face in it, that's all. More strange than entertaining.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up