ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 227 of 286
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Miles 11:20 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Caught Joker finally. Had a Taxi Driver vibe to it. Not convinced Phoenix was best actor last year.
Worth watching?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Miles:
Worth watching?
I watched it. It was good. But man it’s a downer.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:08 PM 05-24-2020
Thought Eminem was laugh out loud bad in Underwater
[Reply]
eDave 08:39 PM 05-25-2020
Uncut Gems debuted on Netflix today.

I got bored with it.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:56 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Fuckin' Apatow, he's such a beta asshole, but he has an ear for story and a knack for casting.

If you told me 'Pete Davidson playing an orphan son of a firefighter,' I'd say 'hard pass. Too on the nose.'

If you say, 'Bill Burr and Steve Buscemi try to turn him into a grownup,' I'd say 'where is it? Is it out now? Will it be out next week? When!?!?!?!'

I'm really looking forward to this. He was excellent in Big Time Adolescence.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:58 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Thought Eminem was laugh out loud bad in Underwater
:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:11 AM 06-14-2020
The Invisible Man (2020) is fantastic. A tad long and more synth in the mix are my only minor complaints. Other than that, it was filmed, scored, and acted to perfection. Have never really cared much for Elisabeth Moss but she killed that role. Felt like they thought of everything, it was like watching a greatest hits of horror/thriller tricks wrapped into one movie.

I sincerely hope to oneday catch this on a tube television inside a dive bar while getting an afternoon drunk on. Its that level of greatness.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:56 PM 06-20-2020
Rented the Invisible Man last night, and it sucks out LOUD... turned it off about halfway through, during the scene where she crawls into the attic

It’s a snail paced, boring piece of shit... also, why is this rich and powerful genius so obsessed with that ugly ass broad anyway?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:13 PM 06-20-2020
Watched Ad Astra last night. Visually it was amazing, the rest seemed like a super long cologne commercial. Like Pitt's hold my absinthe moment to Depp's Sauvage. Or a one up to a McConaughey Lincoln commercial.

Ad Astra for men
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:50 PM 06-20-2020
Watched Ad Astra last night. Visually it was amazing, the rest seemed like a super long cologne commercial. Like Pitt's hold my absinthe moment to Depp's Sauvage. Or a one up to a McConaughey Lincoln commercial.

Ad Astra for men

I was excited as hell to see this movie, paid for movie tix for me and the lady and it was a snore fest. Hated it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:54 PM 06-20-2020

Ad Astra for men
Yeah, I had a feeling this one wasn't going to be very good, but I saw it anyway awhile back. Some interesting concepts about spaceflight/living, but as a movie/entertainment very bland and really kind of tedious.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:28 AM 06-21-2020
Watched Knives Out on Amazon Prime last night. It's a fine movie, neither great nor bad, but Ana de Armas eyes and lips move it into the recommended category for me.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:34 AM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I was excited as hell to see this movie, paid for movie tix for me and the lady and it was a snore fest. Hated it.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, I had a feeling this one wasn't going to be very good, but I saw it anyway awhile back. Some interesting concepts about spaceflight/living, but as a movie/entertainment very bland and really kind of tedious.
It has that Apocalypse Now in space vibe which I appreciate but it still felt a bit hollow in comparison.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:33 PM 06-21-2020
The Invisible Man (2020) is fantastic. A tad long and more synth in the mix are my only minor complaints. Other than that, it was filmed, scored, and acted to perfection. Have never really cared much for Elisabeth Moss but she killed that role. Felt like they thought of everything, it was like watching a greatest hits of horror/thriller tricks wrapped into one movie.

I sincerely hope to oneday catch this on a tube television inside a dive bar while getting an afternoon drunk on. Its that level of greatness.
Didn’t see this post before typing out my mini-screed, wow we couldn’t be further apart there lol... to each their own, as they say :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:38 PM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Didn’t see this post before typing out my mini-screed, wow we couldn’t be further apart there lol... to each their own, as they say :-)
Ha. Those are pretty funny consecutive posts about the same movie. Ya I enjoyed it as it checked off a lot of things I like in that type of movie but completely understand how someone else might not be as impressed with it.
[Reply]
Page 227 of 286
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277 > Last »
Up