ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 126
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
New World Order 08:19 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
**** having a "good story" its a ****ing comic book movie. I want lots of popcorn and lot of fighting and lots of fun!

Looked awesome to me, cant ****ing wait!

Amen
[Reply]
RobBlake 04:17 PM 07-17-2015

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:51 AM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
THat is awesome!
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:22 AM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Superman generally fights beings that are physical equals, wear mech-suits that allow them to compete with him physically, or weaken him with kryptonite. Zod, Bizarro, Doomsday, Darkseid, Black Adam, etc. can all go toe to toe with him. He couldn't rip any of them limb from limb, even if he wanted to. Then, of course, you have the whole "never kill" and "I don't unleash my full power because if I did too many innocents would die" dynamics.

I agree that he is vastly overpowered though. Look at this bullshit:

That's indicative of the fundamental problem with DC in general: Generally speaking, they are much more likely to define their characters by their powers. Superman is a perfect example of that: They just pile powers on top of him when needed. Also consider their most intriguing character by far, Batman: When they want to underscore his martial arts abilities, they generally just say 'He has mastered every martial art' (while running a massive corporation, working out fanatically, fighting crime, and dating). The Flash can outrun *anyone*, including Death. Green Lantern can construct literally *anything* with his ring. Their company-wide belief has been (again, generally speaking) that powers make a character interesting.

They, of course, don't. Now, in the wake of Nolan's Batman series getting such high acclaim, DC has hired the less skilled and less subtle version of Nolan to darken and angst-fill and gloom-and-doom-ify even the most brightly-palletted characters in the belief that that will create interesting characters out of their DC lineup.

I won't say that DC will never have interesting characters, but they don't so far. Their movies will make money and perpetuate their brand, but without only a few exceptions, they're working from a disadvantage in the characterization department.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:32 AM 07-18-2015
I'm thinking that if Supes were really pushing 200 quintillion tons, the frame of whatever structure is holding that measuring device would be in orbit, lol.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:57 AM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
That's indicative of the fundamental problem with DC in general: Generally speaking, they are much more likely to define their characters by their powers. Superman is a perfect example of that: They just pile powers on top of him when needed. Also consider their most intriguing character by far, Batman: When they want to underscore his martial arts abilities, they generally just say 'He has mastered every martial art' (while running a massive corporation, working out fanatically, fighting crime, and dating). The Flash can outrun *anyone*, including Death. Green Lantern can construct literally *anything* with his ring. Their company-wide belief has been (again, generally speaking) that powers make a character interesting.

They, of course, don't. Now, in the wake of Nolan's Batman series getting such high acclaim, DC has hired the less skilled and less subtle version of Nolan to darken and angst-fill and gloom-and-doom-ify even the most brightly-palletted characters in the belief that that will create interesting characters out of their DC lineup.

I won't say that DC will never have interesting characters, but they don't so far. Their movies will make money and perpetuate their brand, but without only a few exceptions, they're working from a disadvantage in the characterization department.
This is pretty much the weak old argument about something needing to be "realistic" or "believable" in order for it to be interesting. Not true. They've always been idealized concepts, it's our equivalent of Greek mythology.

You guys are even interpreting that page out of context and ironically the complete opposite of what the point was. That story purposely brought him to the absolute peak in order to highlight everything else that is great about that character and makes him who he is. There's a reason why that book won an Eisner without ever turning into a mindless brawlfest/super slugout.

The real fundamental problem with DC right now is that they take themselves too seriously as if they are ashamed of being what they and their IPs actually represent. Supes is SUPPOSED to represent everything humanity would like to achieve in every aspect including his morals, dragging that down to MURDERING his villains in order to be "edgy" or "realistic" like in Man of Steel is just asinine. So yeah, I definitely agree that DC has shit ton of problems about how they're going about representing their IPs in both the comics and live action, but the root of the problem isn't their IP. It's comes down to shitty subpar writing/stories.
[Reply]
Buns 10:04 AM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm thinking that if Supes were really pushing 200 quintillion tons, the frame of whatever structure is holding that measuring device would be in orbit, lol.
They are on the moon in this scene.
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:32 PM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:

If thats the viewpoint/lens your looking through.. then i'd say Marvel def. has the biggest lest of boring characters to date imo.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:12 PM 07-18-2015
200 quintillion tons is such an absurd number
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:55 PM 07-18-2015
DCs problem is that outside of Batman and Flash, their villains kind of stink.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:57 PM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
200 quintillion tons is such an absurd number
That's how much I lift when I do my dick lifts
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:01 PM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
That's how much I lift when I do my dick lifts
Probably how became a broke dick.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:17 PM 07-18-2015