ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 126
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 11:06 AM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I love the shot of Supes when he shows up to save the flood victims. So regal.
pulled straight from muh boy Grant Morrison's All Star Superman :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:10 AM 07-12-2015
Would be cool to see a sun-dipped Supes at some point. Maybe if they introduce a heavy hitter like Doomsday or Darkseid.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:21 PM 07-12-2015
So, does Luthor have some sort of control over Clark? The way he bows to him and all....
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:01 PM 07-12-2015
Bizzaro or Doomsday? Zod should be linked to one of those guys
[Reply]
fairladyZ 03:10 PM 07-12-2015
I watched a video earlier of some guys watching the trailer for the first time. And they said they've heard from guys, that know a guy, that knows a guy. That says doomsday is in the movie. But who knows. They said they felt that would ruin the movie and to save him for the next MoS
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:55 PM 07-12-2015
Looks awesome, I have to say.

I still have no idea how Batman could live in a fight against Superman, unless Superman is not trying to kill him.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:11 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:

I still have no idea how Batman could live in a fight against Superman, unless Superman is not trying to kill him.
Batmans suit has to be made out of something special to protect against supes i'd think...maybe armor from zod?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:45 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:

It's bullshit. Batman wouldn't even be able to react to Superman's fight speed. The fight would literally be over before Batman even knew what happened.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:32 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's bullshit. Batman wouldn't even be able to react to Superman's fight speed. The fight would literally be over before Batman even knew what happened.
That's the only thing I hate about this storyline, even if the kryptonite mega robo suit weakened Superman I don't think it would work that quickly number one, and even so one half punch to the mouth would kill Batman instantly. Batman is the little kid swinging at superman and superman is just holding out his hand on batmans head while affleck swings away.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:42 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Batmans suit has to be made out of something special to protect against supes i'd think...maybe armor from zod?
Unless it's made from the skin of other Kryptonians, and embedded with lots of kryptonite shards, Batman wouldn't last 3/4 of a second in a fight against Superman. It's sort of what I call the inverse approach in comics: DC has mortal 'gods' that are too powerful, while Marvel weakens its true gods and makes them closer to mortal.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:08 PM 07-12-2015
IM wondering how Wonder Woman fits into all this?
[Reply]
007 09:15 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
IM wondering how Wonder Woman fits into all this?
Still don't like the choice of actress for her.
[Reply]
Pushead2 09:39 PM 07-12-2015
Perhaps they will draw from some of the "The Dark Knight Returns" comic.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:20 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by fairladyZ:
I watched a video earlier of some guys watching the trailer for the first time. And they said they've heard from guys, that know a guy, that knows a guy. That says doomsday is in the movie. But who knows. They said they felt that would ruin the movie and to save him for the next MoS
I've seen talk of Doomsday, but I don't know whether it's based on something or just speculation. Logically there has to be something for Superman and Batman to team up and punch in the climax of the movie. It's not impossible to follow through with the title and have the movie lead up to the Batman vs Superman fight DRK-style, but that wouldn't really set the table for the Justice League and solo Batman movies very well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:02 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I've seen talk of Doomsday, but I don't know whether it's based on something or just speculation. Logically there has to be something for Superman and Batman to team up and punch in the climax of the movie. It's not impossible to follow through with the title and have the movie lead up to the Batman vs Superman fight DRK-style, but that wouldn't really set the table for the Justice League and solo Batman movies very well.
This film is about the formation of the Justice League
[Reply]
Page 58 of 126
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up