ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 126
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Aries Walker 06:36 PM 01-31-2014
The only excuse I can conjure up for them is that they're trying to make Luthor seem like a corrupt young lion, like the Luthor in Smallville.

That's all I got, folks. Brace yourself for an enormous stinker that does gangbusters box office because Superman is still inexplicably popular.
[Reply]
007 07:16 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
The only excuse I can conjure up for them is that they're trying to make Luthor seem like a corrupt young lion, like the Luthor in Smallville.

That's all I got, folks. Brace yourself for an enormous stinker that does gangbusters box office because Superman is still inexplicably popular.
I would rather them use Rosenbaum than Eisenburg. JFC
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:32 PM 01-31-2014
That guy looks like he's 15 years old and only knows how to act as the same character/personality/performance in every movie (Zombieland, Social Network, etc).. next to Cavill (30) Affleck (41).. /facepalm

:-) AngryJoe did a video on the casting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyWYqEKztso

"Jesse Eisenberg because Michael Cera wasn't available for Lex Luther" :-) :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:35 PM 01-31-2014
Holy shit. Cavill and Eisenberg are the same age.

You'd never guess just looking at the two..
[Reply]
Bowser 09:35 PM 01-31-2014
Hell I'd take Michael Rosenbaum as Luthor over Eisenberg.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:53 PM 01-31-2014
http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Why...man-41432.html

Why Jesse Eisenberg Is The Perfect Choice For Lex Luthor In Batman Vs. Superman
By Eric Eisenberg January 31, 2014 3:02pm PST

Thus far, all of the new casting decisions made for Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel have been nothing if not controversial. When Ben Affleck came aboard to play Batman last August it was met with a tidal wave of internet hate, as fans took pleasure in throwing the critical failure Daredevil back in the actor’s face. In December when it was revealed that Fast & Furious’s Gal Gadot would be playing Wonder Woman in the movie, comic book purists scorned her skinny frame and medium stature.

So when it was announced earlier today that Jesse Eisenberg has joined the film to play the villainous Lex Luthor, the response was rather predictable. Readers in our own comments section and around the internet have reacted wildly to the news, some asking if the casting is a "cruel joke," and others saying how "everything about this movie just screams 'RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!"'"

Despite this vitriol and pessimism, however, the truth is that Eisenberg could end up playing the most fascinating version of Lex Luthor that we’ve seen on the big screen yet.

When looking at the character of Luthor, it’s important to see him both in and out of context with Superman. Living in his own world, the great supervillain is an absolutely brilliant genius, has access to just about every resource in the world, and has endless ambition. But what does any of that mean when an alien can come from space, be powerful in all of the ways that he cannot, and earn the devotion and love of everyone on Earth? As long as Superman remains on Earth, Lex will always be inferior, and his ego being unable to tolerate that is what ultimately drives him as a villain. Now let’s take a quick look at a scene from The Social Network, the film that features what many agree is the best performance of Jesse Eisenberg’s career so far:

While every actor always tries to stretch their horizons and try new and different things, what you see above is exactly what I want to see from the new version of Lex Luthor. Throughout David Fincher’s film, Eisenberg’s Mark Zuckerberg is always playing from behind – be it not getting into Final Clubs or getting sued by his best friend – what’s stunning about the actor’s performance is how the character steadfastly refuses to ever be the smallest figure in the room (even when he is). Eisenberg has mastered the tone and cadence required for this kind of arrogance, and it’s exactly the kind of stuff that’s been featured in comic books for decades.

More than just his deft ability to generate enormous power and screen presence through verbal linguistics, Eisenberg brings a whole new angle to the Luthor character just in the fact that he’s only 30 years old. Unlike the previous Superman movies, which brought in Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey when both were in their late-40s, this new incarnation of the supervillain will be the first one that’s actually the same age as the Superman he’s fighting against. This means that this version of Lex is probably still trying to figure out his way in the world, and that the means the appearance of Superman on the world stage may have the same kind of effect on him that General Zod’s appearance had on Superman in Man of Steel.

I personally couldn’t be more excited for this new version of Lex Luthor, but what do you think? Who agrees with me? Whose minds have I changed? Who still thinks that Eisenberg is a bad choice?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:59 PM 01-31-2014
I'm at a wait and see, but so far the fans are PISSED
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:07 PM 01-31-2014
I'm on record as having loved Man of Steel, so Snyder has built up alot of good faith with me.

Call me crazy, but I could watch MoS alot more than Avengers.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
-King- 10:36 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I'm on record as having loved Man of Steel, so Snyder has built up alot of good faith with me.

Call me crazy, but I could watch MoS alot more than Avengers.
Posted via Mobile Device
I did too. I have The Avengers and I just can't bring myself to rewatch it. I've watched MoS 2-3 times since I first saw it in Theaters.

But casting Eisenberg as Lex is still a stupid movie to me.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:26 AM 02-05-2014
dwayne johnson strange tweet has him being john stewart the green lantern.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:26 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Valiant:
What in the holy fuck...
[Reply]
Fish 10:29 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Valiant:

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:31 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Dwayne Johnson ‏@TheRock 13h

All I said was.. #LanternCanWhupSuperman RT: @IGN: Did @TheRock reveal that he's playing John Stewart/Green Lantern?
http://go.ign.com/1b0qHO6
[Reply]
Valiant 08:37 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Dwayne Johnson ‏@TheRock 13h

All I said was.. #LanternCanWhupSuperman RT: @IGN: Did @TheRock reveal that he's playing John Stewart/Green Lantern? http://go.ign.com/1b0qHO6
Yeah ign dropped the story first. But maybe it will put the idea out there. I think stewart is the better human gl.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 08:49 PM 02-05-2014
This is retarded. Looks like they're just pulling names off of a "top x hollywood names" list. They should be pulling actors who aren't as known or are more internationally known. This makes it so that the role defines them. With all these big names who don't especially fit the part the first thing that comes to mind will be "oh look.. it's Affleck as Batman" or "oh look.. The Rock is playing GL"
[Reply]
Page 19 of 126
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up