ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 126
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:03 PM 01-31-2014
The new Bat suit is going to have a similar Arkham video game look.
[Reply]
bowener 02:16 PM 01-31-2014
Well, look at it this way Superman fans... You'll get another reboot in 6 years or so.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:14 PM 01-31-2014
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/3...film-breaking/
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:32 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/3...film-breaking/
Uh....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:37 PM 01-31-2014
Bizarre casting. I dont see it? But who knows? He almost always plays geeky types.

He was also Zuckerberg in The Social Network and was solid in Adventureland.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:42 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Bizarre casting. I dont see it? But who knows? He almost always plays geeky types.

He was also Zuckerberg in The Social Network and was solid in Adventureland.
Snyder casting decisions have been nothing but bizarre, plus we now have a billion characters to cover in 120 minutes.

More and more this looks like it's going to be a Spiderman 3/Sucker Punch type of a disaster.
[Reply]
Fish 04:45 PM 01-31-2014
That curly haired douche? As Lex Fucking Luther?

Man, they're doing everything they can to encourage me to avoid this movie....
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:01 PM 01-31-2014
I think it's how small he is, he's so tiny he can have skim milk drinking contests with Wonder Woman. I see Lex Luthor as more imposing physically, not only that but how nasally his voice is... Yeah I don't see it either.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 05:03 PM 01-31-2014
As a huge Batman fanboy, I was really holding out hope that this wouldn't suck.

My hopes are dimished as of this moment.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:05 PM 01-31-2014
Batman and Supes gon suck I bet... keep the two worlds separate.

Avengers is one thing, but I don't like mixing those two.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 05:07 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
Batman and Supes gon suck I bet... keep the two worlds separate.

Avengers is one thing, but I don't like mixing those two.
Their intentions were noble, going for the whole Dark Knight Returns angle.

But Affleck and Einsenburg? C'mon Man.
[Reply]
tk13 05:20 PM 01-31-2014
I don't think this is nearly as strange as the Affleck decision. I think some of that is seeping into today's apparent internet outrage.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:22 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't think this is nearly as strange as the Affleck decision. I think some of that is seeping into today's apparent internet outrage.
I don't mind Affleck, but it does feel like WB shoehorned him in because he's their "go to" guy at the moment. They wanted him to direct a Justice league movie a few years ago.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:27 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Their intentions were noble, going for the whole Dark Knight Returns angle.

But Affleck and Einsenburg? C'mon Man.
With these kinds of casting decisions I've learned to just wait and see, I've been too surprised by people in the past to write it off until I see it.

But I will say that Affleck seems like a MUCH better fit for his role than than Jesse.
[Reply]
bowener 05:53 PM 01-31-2014
I really don't give a shit who Snyder casts for which part. So long as he is directing this is going to be a big shiny turd. Nothing more.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 126
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up