ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 126
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:30 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I'm saying he's the only person so far that has been able to direct him into a good performance.
Wrong

Dazed and Confused
Chasing Amy
Good Will Hunting
Shakespeare in Love
Boiler Room
Bounce
Sum of All Fears
Extract

to name a few...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:49 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wrong

Dazed and Confused
Chasing Amy
Good Will Hunting
Shakespeare in Love
Boiler Room
Bounce
Sum of All Fears
Extract

to name a few...
Wrong. He wasn't really good in any of those except maybe Good Will Hunting, which he helped write. He was OK in most of the rest, better than average at best.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:23 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Wrong. He wasn't really good in any of those except maybe Good Will Hunting, which he helped write. He was OK in most of the rest, better than average at best.
Look, we all admire and idolize Nolan and Bales imagining of Batman... but to act like Affleck at this point in his career cant tackle a hero is just plain wrong.

It isnt reciting Shakespeare... contemplate thoughtfully, be cagey, growl, snarl, jump... Ben can handle that, c'mon.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:27 PM 01-21-2014
I just look forward to Matt Damon's friend to act alongside Elektra again. Together with Supes, Elektra, and Spawn they will save the universe from Mephisto.

[Reply]
Bowser 06:29 PM 01-21-2014
/random
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 11:20 PM 01-21-2014
Pushed back to 2016.. Kevin Smith also said on his podcast that Snyder gave him a sneak peak at like a promo set picture or something and he got to see Ben in the new suit. He hinted that it's patterned after the more classic/iconic look that none of the other live action films went for which is great news!
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:24 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Pushed back to 2016.. Kevin Smith also said on his podcast that Snyder gave him a sneak peak at like a promo set picture or something and he got to see Ben in the new suit. He hinted that it's patterned after the more classic/inconic look that none of the other live action films went for which is great news!
See post #180 or #223 in this thread.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:37 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
See post #180 or #223 in this thread.
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Kevin Smith got an exclusive sneak peek from his buddy director of Afflack in the new suit- said it was totally different from any type before (and not 1 bat nipple in sight)

I have zero clue what that could mean, except I'm assuming it's not some sort of exo-shell, but it seriously can't be like some throwback to actually tights or a spandex getup? I don't know what other direction it could be, but it certainly can't be that especially when you're talking about him facing off against Superman, and he's going to need a healthy does of tech advantages and toys to level the playing field.
Oh. Well then.

In any case, you think looking "armored" like he has in all of the other movies is really going to help against someone who can create universes by smashing atoms together with his two index fingers? No amount of armor would help him against Supes in a straight up brawl. Anyways, I can guarantee it won't be Adam West tights, it'll probably be stylized in the way Supes costume in Man of Steel isn't exactly tights either.

In The Dark Knight Returns, Supes is weakened after absorbing several nuclear warheads (which also create a nuclear winter that covers the sun so he can't fully regenerate) and Bats uses an exoskeleton machine suit thing to beat up on him.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 08:11 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Affleck is a much better actor now then he used to be. I was pissed when Ledger got the role, i say give him a chance.
The difference is Ledger hadn't already poorly played a maniacal madman, and Cruise hadn't already poorly played a sensual vampire, before those two parts. Ben Affleck played Daredevil - who is fundamentally the same type of brooding, dimly-lit antihero as Batman - and he was completely wrong for the part. Batman is an emotional trainwreck masquerading as a carefree billionaire playboy, and Ben Affleck has never been able to convey that kind of damaged psyche in any role I've seen him in. The Town is probably the closest he's done to it, and even there he was just torn, not really edge-of-sanity damaged.

Yes, this is horrible, this idea.
[Reply]
tk13 11:58 AM 01-31-2014
Apparently Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor. Jeremy Irons will be Alfred.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 12:13 PM 01-31-2014
Huh...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:19 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by tk13:
Apparently Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor. Jeremy Irons will be Alfred.
I thought I recognized the name Jesse Eisenberg.

That's the kid from Zombieland and The Social Network :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:40 PM 01-31-2014
http://www.thewrap.com/batman-vs-sup...-irons-alfred/
[Reply]
Bowser 01:48 PM 01-31-2014
Apparently Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor.
That just....sucks.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:00 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That just....sucks.
With Gal Gadot as WW I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies about Snyder's choices without Nolan overseeing it.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 126
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up