ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 126
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126 >
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
RobBlake 10:31 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Garbage movie with a garbage Luthor. Pathetic.
don't tell me you loved Civil War.. because outside of Black Panther.. it was a bland comic book movie..
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:09 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Uh, it's already out on BR.
July 19th for BR. It's already out on digital hd
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:31 PM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
July 19th for BR. It's already out on digital hd
No shit? A month difference in releases. Seems odd to me.

I stand corrected, and sorry.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:42 PM 07-06-2016
No shit? A month difference in releases. Seems odd to me.

I stand corrected, and sorry.
Yeah...hate that it was that far off. I preordered the br on Amazon
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:41 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Just saw the UE... significantly better at pacing and important back story that was necessary. I'll never see the theatrical version again. This is the true cut that should've been in theaters. Really enjoyed it.
Agreed. This flowed much better and cleared up the motivations in scenes. We didn't even know it was Jimmy Olson for crissakes. This version should have been released in the theaters.

Took in $872 million so far. Someone likes this movie.:-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:33 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Agreed. This flowed much better and cleared up the motivations in scenes. We didn't even know it was Jimmy Olson for crissakes. This version should have been released in the theaters.

Took in $872 million so far. Someone likes this movie.:-)
Yep...it was like night and day for me. Not close to perfect but pretty good.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:10 AM 07-13-2016
I don't even know what was added to the UE but it just seemed like a completely different movie to me. Was not a fan of the theatrical release. Outside of the weird Flash from the future dream scene (which I think will pay off in future movies) and the entire throw the kryptonite spear down the water well oh wait... I need that scenes it turns it into a pretty good movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:25 AM 07-24-2016
I watched UE last night. I've never been a comic book movie fan boy but this, for me, was the best comic book film to date, by far. The casting was excellent as were the direction and visuals.

I totally bought into Bruce Wayne/Batman's anger at an alien bringing death and destruction to our world. I thought it was super cool to see the battle and devastation from Bruce's point of view on the ground. The length of the film never bothered me nor did it feel tedious. I'm excited to watch it again.

A+. 9.7 out of 10.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:52 AM 07-24-2016
Wow. You've got horrible taste in movies.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 08:57 PM 07-24-2016
I bought the BvS UE blu-ray. I liked the movie when I saw it in theaters, I loved it after seeing it on DVD. So much better.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:21 PM 07-24-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
I bought the BvS UE blu-ray. I liked the movie when I saw it in theaters, I loved it after seeing it on DVD. So much better.
My feelings exactly, just not love, but really really really like.

With the wave of comic book films, there’s an undertow of anti sentiment creeping up on taking the wannabe highbrow road where you can pick over any movie to find ways to trash it.

The theatrical release was a giant blunder. The UC is very good, and if the Martha Incident irks you that much, don't go see movies where grown men and women run around in silly costumes fighting one another.

You can suspend disbelief of a guy temporarily dying from a nuke which somehow the Superman suit is totally intact, or where Banner manages to hide a giant pair of cutoff jeans, but the Martha moment is just too ridiculous for you to get on board with?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:40 PM 07-24-2016
My feelings exactly, just not love, but really really really like.

With the wave of comic book films, there’s an undertow of anti sentiment creeping up on taking the wannabe highbrow road where you can pick over any movie to find ways to trash it.

The theatrical release was a giant blunder. The UC is very good, and if the Martha Incident irks you that much, don't go see movies where grown men and women run around in silly costumes fighting one another.

You can suspend disbelief of a guy temporarily dying from a nuke which somehow the Superman suit is totally intact, or where Banner manages to hide a giant pair of cutoff jeans, but the Martha moment is just too ridiculous for you to get on board with?
The Martha moment is too ridiculous for any movie.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:51 PM 07-24-2016
SAVE MARTHA
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:54 PM 07-24-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I watched UE last night. I've never been a comic book movie fan boy but this, for me, was the best comic book film to date, by far. The casting was excellent as were the direction and visuals.

I totally bought into Bruce Wayne/Batman's anger at an alien bringing death and destruction to our world. I thought it was super cool to see the battle and devastation from Bruce's point of view on the ground. The length of the film never bothered me nor did it feel tedious. I'm excited to watch it again.

A+. 9.7 out of 10.
Glad you liked it. It took 2 turns for me to like the theatrical cut and I rated it like a 6.5 the 2nd time. UE easily got an 8.5-9 for me...being a fan too. Much clearer on plot and back story...the Martha stuff was kindve lame but didn't bother me too much overall. I'm excited for the Justice League and WW now. Along with Suicide Squad.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:56 PM 07-24-2016
If you ever watch "the Dark Knight Returns" animated it's pretty awesome. Totally where they got ideas for this movies Batman and some scenes and dialogue even. Great book too
[Reply]
Page 122 of 126
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126 >
Up