ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 126
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:46 PM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I don't know why they went with Gal Gadot, just doesn't look the part at all. Give me Gina Carano anyday over her. I just want them to do her justice, Wonder Woman has been underutilized in television and film compared to other characters like Elektra who get movies. Just doesn't make sense.
She probably gave Snyder a world class BJ
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:59 PM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
She probably gave Snyder a world class BJ
I know right?! When Gina Carano punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will be felt as an "Ah shit! She laid that guy out!"

When Gal Gadot punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will trigger an obvious "He faked that hit really well."

Realism in comic book movies, I know it's a scary thought.

I know nobody wants to hear it but if she doesn't gain the muscle and weight to pull the role off, you just went with the role model that looks like all the other skinny ass models out there today. Personally I would want my little girl looking up to a woman who's got size to her, not the twig that she just snapped.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:40 PM 12-04-2013
I know right?! When Gina Carano punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will be felt as an "Ah shit! She laid that guy out!"

When Gal Gadot punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will trigger an obvious "He faked that hit really well."

Realism in comic book movies, I know it's a scary thought.

I know nobody wants to hear it but if she doesn't gain the muscle and weight to pull the role off, you just went with the role model that looks like all the other skinny ass models out there today. Personally I would want my little girl looking up to a woman who's got size to her, not the twig that she just snapped.
You know what the real funny thing is? Cavill is dating Caruno
[Reply]
whoman69 08:42 PM 12-04-2013
She looks like she'd fit in more doing Olive Oyl.
[Reply]
whoman69 08:43 PM 12-04-2013
too fat/Omaha
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:12 PM 12-04-2013
When is the last time a female comic character on a movie was taken seriously or done justice? Carano would've been perfect. This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:16 PM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman
No doubt.....it's like Warner's JIMPd over the $ Avengers made and just decided to cut to the chase to get in on that action.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:05 PM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
No doubt.....it's like Warner's JIMPd over the $ Avengers made and just decided to cut to the chase to get in on that action.
I feel like this could be a bust of a movie, honestly. Too many characters already, not much Clark Kent and cut right to Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, maybe Flash whoever else.

I'll be surprised if this is done well.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:29 PM 12-04-2013
I feel like this could be a bust of a movie, honestly. Too many characters already, not much Clark Kent and cut right to Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, maybe Flash whoever else.

I'll be surprised if this is done well.
I wouldn't be surprised to see this go along the lines of Man of Steel. Not alot of heart but great action.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:35 PM 12-04-2013
When is the last time a female comic character on a movie was taken seriously or done justice? Carano would've been perfect. This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman
Agreed.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:44 PM 12-04-2013
I wouldn't be surprised to see this go along the lines of Man of Steel. Not alot of heart but great action.
Which will be even more disappointing. MOS trailer was epic.. movie well just like you said
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:56 PM 12-04-2013
Which will be even more disappointing. MOS trailer was epic.. movie well just like you said
Wow....here we go again. Personally, I loved MoS. In my top 5 of the year for sure.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:12 PM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wow....here we go again. Personally, I loved MoS. In my top 5 of the year for sure.
I liked it...but maybe I had Batman Begins type of expectations
[Reply]
whoman69 08:12 AM 12-05-2013
Why is everyone surprised this is turning into Justice League? That's how it was originally presented anyway.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:54 PM 12-05-2013
Kevin Smith got an exclusive sneak peek from his buddy director of Afflack in the new suit- said it was totally different from any type before (and not 1 bat nipple in sight)

I have zero clue what that could mean, except I'm assuming it's not some sort of exo-shell, but it seriously can't be like some throwback to actually tights or a spandex getup? I don't know what other direction it could be, but it certainly can't be that especially when you're talking about him facing off against Superman, and he's going to need a healthy does of tech advantages and toys to level the playing field.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 126
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up