ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 126
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 07:26 PM 04-01-2016
first, thanks to everyone for the spoiler tags. It's appreciated.

imo the trouble started with the casting, Eisenberg and Affleck. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 09:11 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:

I liked Ben's Batman, and I went in with preconceived notions that he was going to suck out loud. I think Eisenberg did a fantastic job with what he was asked to do, the problem is that his version of Lex just didn't work for me, even if he was Alexander.

Don't know how big of a DC honk you are Laz, but if you are one, watch that vid that explains the backstory of the movie and how it sets up the future shows. King pointed out how taking that info into consideration after watching the film makes it better, and he I think he nailed that.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:15 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I liked Ben's Batman, and I went in with preconceived notions that he was going to suck out loud. I think Eisenberg did a fantastic job with what he was asked to do, the problem is that his version of Lex just didn't work for me, even if he was Alexander.

Don't know how big of a DC honk you are Laz, but if you are one, watch that vid that explains the backstory of the movie and how it sets up the future shows. King pointed out how taking that info into consideration after watching the film makes it better, and he I think he nailed that.
Potentially setting up future movies doesn't make this one any better.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:18 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Potentially setting up future movies doesn't make this one any better.
I hear you. When I walked out, I initially thought the movie reached too far and was generally a mess. But like I said to Laz, after I watched that vid it kind of made sense to me after that. I'm not sure I think the movie is "great", even after the vid, but it's definitely better now that I'm thinking in those terms.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:19 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:

Both Eisenberg and Affleck went over the top into batshit crazy territory, but the flow of the movie (what there was of it) made it seem to me as if that's what Snyder wanted.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:30 PM 04-01-2016
Affleck was good...this was a pissed off dgaf Batman ...I'm excited to see what he can do in his own movie
[Reply]
dilligaf 09:41 PM 04-01-2016
Just got out. Horrible. The wife left half way through to shop the mall. Boring and slow with toooo much going on. All the dream sequences were confusing to me. Loved Eisenburg in Zombieland but hated him as Lex. They tried to make his character insane on the level of Ledger's Joker which was legendary. Didn't work in this case. Just awful.
[Reply]
Fish 11:02 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Affleck was good...this was a pissed off dgaf Batman ...I'm excited to see what he can do in his own movie
I could handle the pissed off Batman angle. But I thought he did some really irrational un-Batman like stuff that was really perplexing.
[Reply]
Fish 11:04 PM 04-01-2016
Steampunk wasteland Batman's dream sequence was pretty awesome though. I wanted more of that.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:59 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
I could handle the pissed off Batman angle. But I thought he did some really irrational un-Batman like stuff that was really perplexing.
I wonder if in the Batman movie he'll be the non kill type and it shows what happend to robin etc. This was dark knight returns Batman for sure... Reached that edge where he doesn't have rules
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:01 AM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Steampunk wasteland Batman's dream sequence was pretty awesome though. I wanted more of that.
I liked that post apocalypse look he had too
[Reply]
Toby Waller 12:19 AM 04-02-2016
Just left it. I was entertained fir the most part.
The dirt moved, he's not dead.
But who's the black scientist guy and the reforming body? I don't get that...and I don't get the murky place Lex went to with the dead body
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:30 AM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by smellypitts:
Just left it. I was entertained fir the most part.
The dirt moved, he's not dead.
But who's the black scientist guy and the reforming body? I don't get that...and I don't get the murky place Lex went to with the dead body
That's the scientist that creates Cyborg, the black kid that was screaming, or half a black kid I should say, is Cyborg. Cyborg is going to be one of the Justice League members, definetly one of the lesser knowns by most standards.

Lex goes into the ship where he gets access from Senator whats his name after he shoves the cherry jolly rancher in his mouth like a child rapist. Lex takes Zod's body into the ship with his fingertips that he sliced off with the kryptonite knife he created earlier in the movie.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:14 AM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Spoilers...

Spoiler tags, please
[Reply]
Toby Waller 02:22 AM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Spoiler tags, please
its a thread about a movie. Dont click on it if you dont want to know.
I read before movie about the death and I didnt care. I watch movies to see how it happens. I could care less about knowing/not knowing beforehand when its fiction.

I want to meet your avatar
[Reply]
Page 109 of 126
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119 > Last »
Up