ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 126
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:01 PM 03-28-2016
Originally Posted by tk13:
Spoiler!

Posted via Mobile Device

They've done both in some form before. Flashpoint Paradox and Injustice: Gods Among Us.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:13 PM 03-28-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They've done both in some form before. Flashpoint Paradox and Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Seems that this may be the route they may go? The animated JL Flashpoint is excellent
[Reply]
-King- 08:02 PM 03-28-2016
Spoiler link: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-...ce-120907.html

If they tie in the other Justice League movies to this movie the way people are predicting, then this movie will go from a C- to A B+ in my eyes. I've never seen a movie universe set up the way they're setting this up so I don't know if they'll be able to pull it off.
[Reply]
RobBlake 08:32 PM 03-28-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:38 PM 03-28-2016
I would have been happy if this movie was about Doomsday getting more powerful and dominating that it takes all the Justice League to beat him in the end and even if it killed Superman that would have been a battle for the ages and a three hour war. I just think Doomsday deserved his own movie. He is the one who killed Superman in the comics.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:50 PM 03-28-2016
A real fight between Superman and Batman hmmmm I think would go like

Superman slashes Batman in two with his lazer beam eyes.

or

Superman Freezes him with his cold breath then just smashes him into millions of pieces.

Or

He could just pick Batman up by the ankles and fly him into outer space and throw Batman directly into the Sun. Non of that the Bat suite would be able to protect Batman from.

Winner Superman.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:15 PM 03-28-2016
I would have been happy if this movie was about Doomsday getting more powerful and dominating that it takes all the Justice League to beat him in the end and even if it killed Superman that would have been a battle for the ages and a three hour war. I just think Doomsday deserved his own movie. He is the one who killed Superman in the comics.
They def blew their wad with this and may be my biggest issue with the film. The very end...after the fight. Neither should've been there and had been saved for JL...but too late now. I think it'll go the injustice/flashpoint way now
[Reply]
RobBlake 11:09 PM 03-28-2016
A real fight between Superman and Batman hmmmm I think would go like

Superman slashes Batman in two with his lazer beam eyes.

or

Superman Freezes him with his cold breath then just smashes him into millions of pieces.

Or

He could just pick Batman up by the ankles and fly him into outer space and throw Batman directly into the Sun. Non of that the Bat suite would be able to protect Batman from.

Winner Superman.
superman could do that vs 99% of opponents but he doesn't due to moral code. Thats one of the reasons why he can be beat.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:54 AM 03-29-2016
That was pretty awful.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:35 AM 03-29-2016
I would have been happy if...
They took out all the Batman backstory that we've seen 100 times already. Get rid of all the Justice League stuff other than Wonder Woman seeing the files from the Lex drive. I liked the Apokolips dream scene because I think Darkseid is awesome but it had no place in that movie either.

Batman starting the Justice League? :-) Please.

The movie as it stands has a good movie in it, but it's filled with 30-45 minutes of stuff that were added for promotional reasons that makes it drag on forever.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:42 AM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
They took out all the Batman backstory that we've seen 100 times already. Get rid of all the Justice League stuff other than Wonder Woman seeing the files from the Lex drive. I liked the Apokolips dream scene because I think Darkseid is awesome but it had no place in that movie either.

Batman starting the Justice League? :-) Please.

The movie as it stands has a good movie in it, but it's filled with 30-45 minutes of stuff that were added for promotional reasons that makes it drag on forever.
This movie should've been 2 parts if they were going to rush and involve all of this stuff at once. That's the main issue...it required multiple viewings to see the setup which is hard to tell at first to a reg audience
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:31 AM 03-29-2016
Interesting article from Deadline...looks like BvS will make money when everything is factored in:

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v...ds-1201726300/
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:50 AM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Interesting article from Deadline...looks like BvS will make money when everything is factored in:

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v...ds-1201726300/
Of course it is going to. Critics don't drive the ticket sales, the audience does. And the audiences like the movie for the most part.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:51 PM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Of course it is going to. Critics don't drive the ticket sales, the audience does. And the audiences like the movie for the most part.
Multiple viewings by fans probably doesn't hurt too
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:39 PM 03-29-2016
Our first deleted scene. Already.

[Reply]
Page 105 of 126
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Up