ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Here is a tribute to the 'Mad Dog' hoping he is tapped for DOD
Chiefshrink 12:05 PM 11-24-2016
I think it is only fitting to repost this modern day General Patton speech in tribute to General Mike Mattis hoping he leads the DOD because he will not apologize for defending this country. And what a day to post this speech, Thanksgiving !!!!

Enjoy my conservative hawk brethren !!!!

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:36 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Putting someone into a modern war is one of the worst things you can do to another human being.
I'm sure all the victims and survivors of Hitler,Stalin and Mao would disagree with you. Meaning that "life" is worth fighting for in any age period for which it was modern for them during that time period.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:52 PM 11-26-2016
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...ocial_facebook

Donald needs level heads....
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:24 PM 11-26-2016
I wouldnt put too much stock in the New Yorkers take on his time at DIA
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:49 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...ocial_facebook

Donald needs level heads....
Yeah right, another Establishment neverTrump source, as it they'll say anything good.

Don't be a mediot.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:52 PM 11-26-2016
You hawks need to go see Hacksaw Ridge.
I had planned to see it but haven't yet. So hard to pick which one to see first right now. Here's what Daniel McAdams of the Ron Paul Institute of Peace & Prosperity said about it.

Please note the bolded part, especially for this Christmas Season.

I realize I am a bit late to the game on this, but we went to see the Mel Gibson “comeback” film Hacksaw Ridge this evening while visiting family in California. More than an hour after the film has ended I am still shaking. I would say it is one of the — if not the — most powerful antiwar film I have ever seen. Mel Gibson has reveled himself as not only a master storyteller — as we know, it is a true story — but also a master at taking the audience by the hand, gripping tight, walking it through laughter, boyhood, joy, sadness, broken families, before tossing us so deeply into the horrors of war that the only caveat in my recommendation is that the film is absolutely not for the faint of constitution. I am not that, but as I say, I am still shaking.

What is among the most important point in the film from my perspective is that it is main character Desmond Doss’s Christian faith and deep understanding of Jesus’ message in the New Testament that convinces him that war is immoral. Period. So powerful.

If this film does not win Best Picture, the MPAA is insane.
Link
[Reply]
patteeu 10:54 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I had planned to see it but haven't yet. So hard to pick which one to see first right now. Here's what Daniel McAdams of the Ron Paul Institute of Peace & Prosperity said about it.

I realize I am a bit late to the game on this, but we went to see the Mel Gibson “comeback” film Hacksaw Ridge this evening while visiting family in California. More than an hour after the film has ended I am still shaking. I would say it is one of the — if not the — most powerful antiwar film I have ever seen. Mel Gibson has reveled himself as not only a master storyteller — as we know, it is a true story — but also a master at taking the audience by the hand, gripping tight, walking it through laughter, boyhood, joy, sadness, broken families, before tossing us so deeply into the horrors of war that the only caveat in my recommendation is that the film is absolutely not for the faint of constitution. I am not that, but as I say, I am still shaking.

What is among the most important point in the film from my perspective is that it is main character Desmond Doss’s Christian faith and deep understanding of Jesus’ message in the New Testament that convinces him that war is immoral. Period. So powerful.

Link
Sounds like a perversion of Christianity to me.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:56 PM 11-26-2016
Well you're not a Christian, so your opinion is irrelevant.

They guy becomes a medic instead and saves lots of lives and that's a perversion to you. * sigh *

I was appealing to those who were.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:01 PM 11-26-2016
Well you're not a Christian, so your opinion is irrelevant.
:-) That doesn't really make sense.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:01 PM 11-26-2016
Wuh?
[Reply]
listopencil 11:33 PM 11-26-2016

Link
I would disagree that war is inherently immoral, but I can understand that point of view and I would be reluctant to argue against it, because I think that's a decision that you have to make for yourself.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:05 AM 11-27-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I'm sure all the victims and survivors of Hitler,Stalin and Mao would disagree with you. Meaning that "life" is worth fighting for in any age period for which it was modern for them during that time period.
There are things worth fighting for yes. Combat takes a great toll on people who aren't high on the sociopath scale though there is a cost to it and a steep one. Physically and mentally. Particularly modern war where there is constant stress.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:07 AM 11-27-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I would disagree that war is inherently immoral, but I can understand that point of view and I would be reluctant to argue against it, because I think that's a decision that you have to make for yourself.
War is inherently immoral. It violates the NAP. However, it is sometimes justifiable.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:36 AM 11-27-2016
War is inherently immoral. It violates the NAP. However, it is sometimes justifiable.
Right or necessary.

Starting wars or wars of aggression are definitely immoral but true acts of defense aren't.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:25 AM 11-27-2016
[SIZE="4"]Desmond Doss’s Christian faith and deep understanding of Jesus’ message in the New Testament that convinces him that war is immoral. Period. So powerful.
[/B]
If this film does not win Best Picture, the MPAA is insane.[/INDENT]
Link
I have yet to see it but plan to see it with my son today. It will not win best picture because as follows: Mel Gibson(anti-semite rants), active Christian faith mentioning of Jesus, etc..... you get the idea. If it does I will be shocked.

War is only immoral if the motives for going to war are unethical and there is the rub. Whose ethics ? A transcendent God of the Bible or man's sinful ego ? Jesus said to strive for peace at all times but he did say in....

Luke 22:36 -"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!

There is your self-defense permission from God himself in Jesus in scripture justifying a war to protect the people and owning a gun/guns to protect your family/country because Jesus knew the Evil One will always be coming after not only Him but his followers.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:30 AM 11-27-2016
War is inherently immoral. However, it is sometimes justifiable.
Can't have it both ways. Either it is justifiable self-defense or it is murder. Like I said, it all depends on the circumstances and motives involved.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up