ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:35 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If the Chiefs realistically believe in their chances of winning a title in the next two years, you have to keep Peters no question. If they dont think they are, then trade him now, because there is almost no chance he wants to stay past his contract. Its only time before some fuddy duddy here MLKs him at Jack Stacks.
i see this all the time, why do you think he doesnt want to be here
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://twitter.com/chandaye/status/921245627786203136

NSFW
Ummmm....your point?

He was riding on BART, because that's the area that he's from, and a chant broke out. Lynch was flipping him off.....so Peters was flipping him off back.

I don't get the fucking outrage over this shit. You guys do realize that most people don't take this shit that seriously, right?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:38 PM 02-20-2018
https://twitter.com/chandaye/status/921245627786203136

NSFW
is this supposed to be him saying fuck chiefs?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:40 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Ummmm....your point?

He was riding on BART, because that's the area that he's from, and a chant broke out. Lynch was flipping him off.....so Peters was flipping him off back.

I don't get the fucking outrage over this shit. You guys do realize that most people don't take this shit that seriously, right?
Jesus, the guy isn't held accountable for his actions with said bullshit arguing with coaches.

Next up he'll have an unlicensed firearm, and some will still not demand ownership of such deeds.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:42 PM 02-20-2018
Jesus, the guy isn't held accountable for his actions with said bullshit arguing with coaches.

Next up he'll have an unlicensed firearm, and some will still not demand ownership of such deeds.
He'll most likely be caught with six AK-47's in his car, and two kilos of coke and a teenage illegal immigrant girl beaten and tied up in his trunk. Most likely.

And everyone will be like, "But he gets sooo many turnovers!". Right?
[Reply]
threebag 12:44 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I for one was pissed at him this year with his attitude but you have to admit opposing QBs mostly stayed away from his side of the field. He needs to act professional and be a Chief .
With Gaines on the other side wouldn't you stay away from Peters too?
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:47 PM 02-20-2018
That stuff doesn't bother me(the train chant)....I understand that this is business for most of the players.

I mentioned that I know some players. A couple of years ago, I was having dinner and a beer with a couple of former players with names you would recognize. They didn't talk about games. I didn't ask about football....but when they DID talk about it, it was "when I had to work on sundays....after work I'd lay in bed in a different room from my wife because I was so sore". Most of the conversation between them was about "work" in a very similar manner to how I might bitch about a work trip I had to go on with a bad cold and a bad travel partner.

I have no loyalty to players like Peters partly because I know that he very likely has zero loyalty to a Chiefs fan. He doesn't care about you or if you're happy with a win, he cares about that check.

I'm also in agreement with part of dane's comment/question about the likelihood of Clark Hunt being fine with giving Peters a $90M contract. If he wasn't concerned about character and how it affects the team, it wouldn't be an issue if that were the going rate.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:53 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
i see this all the time, why do you think he doesnt want to be here
Would you want to be in the midwest on a team where half the fanbase wants you cut or traded? I will give you this: there is no proof that he doesnt want to stay, but deductive reasoning should tell you Peters is going to give free agency a real shot.
[Reply]
threebag 12:55 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Ummmm....your point?

It was their Super Bowl
[Reply]
threebag 12:57 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Would you want to be in the midwest on a team where half the fanbase wants you cut or traded? I will give you this: there is no proof that he doesnt want to stay, but deductive reasoning should tell you Peters is going to give free agency a real shot.
He should give free agency a real shot. Plays into his me game.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:57 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'm also in agreement with part of dane's comment/question about the likelihood of Clark Hunt being fine with giving Peters a $90M contract. If he wasn't concerned about character and how it affects the team, it wouldn't be an issue if that were the going rate.
The Franchise Tag for the cornerback position in 2017 was $14 million and it'll jump again this season.

Peters is under contract for 2018 and the Chiefs picked up his 5th year option for 2019.

By 2020 (if not earlier), the highest paid CB in the league will average $18 million minimum per year.

If the Chiefs do indeed trade Peters, it'll most likely be because Clark Hunt doesn't feel comfortable paying (rewarding?) Peters with a 5 year, $90 million dollar deal with $38 million (or more) guaranteed.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:59 PM 02-20-2018
All Peters is is an asset to be used to make the Chiefs a better team. Either by playing for them or to be traded for another asset.
That's about as far as my loyalty goes for any of the players.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:05 PM 02-20-2018
I'm with the majority here and would prefer to keep Marcus on the team. That said, what would you accept in return in a trade for him?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:07 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm with the majority here and would prefer to keep Marcus on the team. That said, what would you accept in return in a trade for him?
:-)

Read the thread, Dummy
[Reply]
thegame214 01:07 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Joey Bosa :-)
[Reply]
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up