ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>SPLIT
SAGA45 04:08 PM 04-19-2017
Count me as being in the minority of moviegoers NOT on the M. Night Shyamalan hate train. I'm not a fan of all of his work but he's had a few that I found particularly captivating and well crafted (Devil, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, etc). Needless to say his films are an acquired taste.

Split is one of those that I thoroughly enjoyed. Just the depth of the debate surrounding split personalities alone had me hooked. But you have also this villain who....due to that disorder...is several villains in one...including one personality of a nine-year old boy.

I know most probably didn't like this movie and don't like Shyamalan's work much at all, but this was a good movie. There's even a nod to his previous work, Unbreakable, that hints at a potential sequel. Seems as though Shyamalan is becoming a sort of twisted Stan Lee ...creating his own universe of odd heroes and villains.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:17 PM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
M Night gets bad rap, I think.

Off the top of my head, the only one of his movies that was a true shitpiece was The Village. Good Lord that movie was such a disappointment.

Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, Signs, and Split are all really enjoyable.

I actually really liked Lady in the Water as well but everyone thinks that sucks so idk. I haven't watched it since I was a teen.
Need I remind you of The Happening?

But I agree. Most of his work has been okay. Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were outstanding. The others were okay.
I'm one of the few, it seems, that actually enjoyed The Village.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:00 PM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Is that confirmed? ...Christ Jesus, I hope they have Willis' character visit Mr. Glass (Samuel L.) in the Asylum on some Hannibal Lecter, Batman/Joker advice type of deal to help catch The Horde. That'd be awesome
Supposedly he finished writing Unbreakable 2 quite awhile ago. From what Ive read there will be a Split 2 and Unbreakable 2 but nobody knows which one will happen first.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:21 PM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Need I remind you of The Happening?

But I agree. Most of his work has been okay. Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were outstanding. The others were okay.

I'm one of the few, it seems, that actually enjoyed The Village.

The Happening wasn't a good film but I enjoy watching it from time to time. If I see it on TV there's a chance I'll watch bits and pieces of it.

I think there are worse flicks out there.
[Reply]
-King- 11:15 PM 04-24-2017
Just watched it. It was okay. The twist was dumb to me.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:00 AM 04-25-2017
i have restrained myself to this point about not commenting about this movie, but ....

in the grand scheme of things...

it sucked. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 05:11 AM 04-25-2017
Spoiler!

The fact that that's a legit takeaway just tells you how bad the twist was
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Rausch 06:17 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i have restrained myself to this point about not commenting about this movie, but ....

in the grand scheme of things...

it sucked. :-)
Different people like different things.

What I have a hard time understanding is people who don't agree that this is by far the best thing he's made since Signs (which was a far from perfect film.)

Plenty of people have soured on his work, and for good reason, but if you were a fan of his earlier stuff this is definitely a return to that...
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 06:20 AM 04-25-2017
I thought it was pretty good.
[Reply]
Otter 08:51 AM 04-28-2017
Thought it was a damn good movie. I'll give it an 8/10 just because I didn't like the ending all that much. McAvoy was pretty incredible, much respect for that guy.

I want to know what kind of spray he used in the car at the beginning of the film and where I can buy some. Next time my wife goes off on some tangent about the other ladies she works with while I'm trying to watch the hockey playoffs I'll tell her that her breath is bad and she needs some binaca.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:12 AM 04-28-2017
I liked the movie a lot. I really had no intentions of watching it but with the good reviews and DID topic being so prevalent I figured it might be worth it and I have to say it was. McAvoy was really good and really made the movie. A lesser performance could have easily come across as the personality shifts being too jarring and not believable, but he did it very well.
[Reply]
sully1983 03:06 PM 04-29-2017
McAvoy is just sensational in this. If you guys dug this, you might like Filth (if you have Netflix streaming) . McAvoy plays an absolute pos dirty cop but its really darkly funny .
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 11:10 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Supposedly he finished writing Unbreakable 2 quite awhile ago. From what Ive read there will be a Split 2 and Unbreakable 2 but nobody knows which one will happen first.
Universal Pictures will release "Glass" on January 18, 2019 according to M. Night's official Twitter page.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:58 PM 04-30-2017
Hell yeah
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 AM 05-02-2017
Why didn't they market this as a sequel or affiliated with Unbreakable?

I loved unbreakable and didn't really get moved by the previews of Split. If I had known i would have went and saw it in theaters
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:05 PM 08-05-2017
McAvoy heads to Montreal on Monday to begin rehearsing for the sequel, Glass.

Once they're done filming in Canada, the production moves to Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up