ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This Chiefs team overcame playoff failures of the past
jjchieffan 05:56 PM 01-18-2021
I was thinking about how this game was a microcosm of our past heartbreak. Missed kicks by Elliot and Butker. Pass to himself by Marriotta and Mayfield, A second half lead in danger because the offense couldn't score against Indy and Cleveland, and a concussion on Montana and Mahomes. I gotta admit. I had some serious PTSD with all of that going on and I thought for sure that they were going to lose. But this time it was different. Mayfield didn't score a TD on that tipped pass, Butker made just enough kicks to keep the lead, Henne made plays to keep the clock moving, and Andy Reid had the courage to go for it on 4th and short at midfield to ice the game. Man. It sure is nice to be on the winning side. This team truly is special.
[Reply]
Spott 06:05 PM 01-18-2021
After the missed FG at the beginning of the second half, it felt a lot like that Titans playoff game in 2017. We had a comfortable lead that was slowly slipping away and it just felt like it was going to be the Chiefs of the past, especially when Mahomes went down. The culture of this franchise really seems to have changed for the better.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 06:06 PM 01-18-2021
It was a gritty win for sure, but they should have buried the Browns after Tyrann's INT. First team offense just needed a TD to put the score at 26-3.
[Reply]
KCJake 06:53 PM 01-18-2021
The past playoff collapses are so embedded into my DNA that everytime something starts to go south I enter full panic mode. Nobody I'm watching the game with understands it. Ever since we drafted Mahomes the culture has just changed so much. We win these nail biters now. We're never really out of it. It's just SO DIFFERENT and still so new that I can't help but revert back sometimes.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:05 PM 01-18-2021
Was talking about this today too. They really know how to rise up to seize the moment. So may guys playing above their normal level. That's the true sign of a winning team.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:29 PM 01-18-2021
Exactly how much "past" would you say there is, generally speaking?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:32 PM 01-18-2021
It was also the no punt game!
[Reply]
Spott 07:33 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Roughly 28 seasons from 1990-2017.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:58 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Lol.
Forget that past. Mahomes now 5-1 in the playoffs, hopefully 7-1 at 25 in just his third season starting. By next season he could be on the doorstep of the top 10 in all time wins, up with Brees, Wilson, Kelly, Marino, Young, Eli, who have 9. Bradshaw, horseface and fivehead have 14. Could be halfway there this season. Incredible.

After that Montana 16, Brady 32. At 25 Brady and Montana had 3 with one super bowl.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:02 PM 01-18-2021
We're exorcising playoff demons left and right.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:25 PM 01-18-2021
I told a friend after the game "I feel like we lost." That feeling stayed with me until I got up this morning.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:38 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I told a friend after the game "I feel like we lost." That feeling stayed with me until I got up this morning.
You must be under 25
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:38 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
It was a gritty win for sure, but they should have buried the Browns after Tyrann's INT. First team offense just needed a TD to put the score at 26-3.
A FG would have helped too.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:39 PM 01-18-2021
LOL Our D wasn’t losing that game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:39 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
We're exorcising playoff demons left and right.
Mahomes cures all...I'm starting to think Mathieu does too!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up