ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Could the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Buffalo Bills with Henne at QB?
Yes 64 31.37%
No 55 26.96%
Maybe 75 36.76%
No, but they could with Matt Moore!!! 7 3.43%
They could beat the Bills with Gaz at QB 3 1.47%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Could the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Buffalo Bills with Henne at QB?
TLO 01:59 PM 01-18-2021
This isn't a debate on whether Mahomes plays Sunday or not. Very potentially hypothetically speaking, could the Chiefs beat the Bills with Henne at QB?
[Reply]
jd1020 04:57 PM 01-18-2021
The Chiefs beat the Bills in the regular season by running the ball. CEH had as many runs as Mahomes had passes. Obviously the weather had an effect as did the presence of Mahomes making it so they had to at least respect the threat of a pass, but the Bills aren't the type of defense that gives the Chiefs fits.

It would be a hell of a lot harder and our defense would have to carry the load and not give up 30 points, but its doable. Wouldn't bet on it, though.
[Reply]
spence749 05:01 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They were outplayed and should have lost to a Phillip Rivers-led Colts team two weeks ago and Allen/the Bills offense did virtually nothing against the Ravens for most of the game this past week before relying on Lamar to throw a 100 yard pick six to win.

I'm glad you're so confident in them, though.
You would think the Chiefs would put up more than 17 on the Falcons as well. Ultimately, over 16 games, the Bills had a better point differential (126 vs. 111), a higher strength of schedule and strength of victory, so I think writing them off because you weren't impressed how they knocked off two 11-5 teams in the playoffs, their 8th straight win, is pretty weak.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:06 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by spence749:
You would think the Chiefs would put up more than 17 on the Falcons as well. Ultimately, over 16 games, the Bills had a better point differential (126 vs. 111), a higher strength of schedule and strength of victory, so I think writing them off because you weren't impressed how they knocked off two 11-5 teams in the playoffs, their 8th straight win, is pretty weak.
Kansas City is the defending super bowl champion, we only lost one meaningful game this season, and we beat the bills

No one is writing them off, but you can't blame us for feeling confident
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:42 PM 01-18-2021

Don’t throw that ‘strength of schedule’ nonsense around here, dude. They had Jets, Pats, and Miami twice each, and came out King Shit of Turd Mountain; then Denver, Chargers, Niners (lol) and Cards with the Great Gazoo at QB. The Steelers are a hollow shell of their former selves.

I respect Buffalo a great deal, and they belong in the Championship— but KC defeated far better opponents this year.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:44 PM 01-18-2021
I think we could. With a full week of reps with the #1s, Andy could make Henne be decent.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:45 PM 01-18-2021
Could they yes
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:31 PM 01-18-2021
Voted YES, of course... but as most others have admitted, it would take a superlative effort in every facet of the game

The good news, is that we almost certainly don't have to worry about it because Mahomes wasn't concussed... his head never banged off the turf

The carotid artery theory talked about all day here is the only explanation that makes any sense at all... he was dragged to the ground by his neck in, basically, a reverse chokehold
[Reply]
Kman34 06:37 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Voted YES, of course... but as most others have admitted, it would take a superlative effort in every facet of the game

The good news, is that we almost certainly don't have to worry about it because Mahomes wasn't concussed... his head never banged off the turf

The carotid artery theory talked about all day here is the only explanation that makes any sense at all... he was dragged to the ground by his neck in, basically, a reverse chokehold
I actually think the helmet pushed on that artery by the way the tackler hooked his arm around it..
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:42 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I actually think the helmet pushed on that artery by the way the tackler hooked his arm around it..
Doesn't really matter exactly if it was the artery or the nerve; both run right along the side of the neck. Press hard enough, and the lights go out. The only reason that I think it was more of the carotid is that I'm more familiar with this, and the fact that Andy said "he got the breath knocked out of him," which is kind of how it feels when someone closes one of your carotids for you.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:42 PM 01-18-2021
It would take:

- a great scheme by Reid
- the running game to improve
- a lights out performance by the defense

So yes it’s possible but not probable.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:44 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It would take:

- a great scheme by Reid
- the running game to improve
- a lights out performance by the defense

So yes it’s possible but not probable.
Would also take, IMO, the healthy and successful return of CEH to the lineup - something I’m not close to convinced would happen before the Super Bowl
[Reply]
carcosa 07:25 PM 01-18-2021
GET FUCKED!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:33 PM 01-18-2021
Maybe, but they would have to play a perfect game with defensive and or special teams scores
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:36 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah man, just watching it over and over convinced me its not a concussion

The only possible way it was, is if Wilsons initial contact coming into the side of Pats head was the moment... it was from the side and maybe could've been on the button

But I sincerely doubt thats what it was... in all my years watching this game, it just didn't look like a concussion at all
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:48 PM 01-18-2021
The opening lines ranged from Chiefs -4 to Bills -2.5, before setting at Kansas City -3 Monday morning.

If Mahomes is ruled out and backup Chad Henne starts against the Bills, Murray expects Buffalo to become the favorite. One oddsmaker at the SuperBook projected Buffalo to be as much as a 7-point favorite.

-espn
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up