ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
chiefzilla1501 06:28 AM 01-18-2021
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:26 AM 01-18-2021
I don't understand how it would work...he fumbled the ball out of the EZ, but would have gotten a personal foul on the play...if they call the penalty, where do they spot the ball? at the one inch line? It was not a TD...he lost possession, but the penalty would have happened before the loss of the ball, so...
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:45 AM 01-18-2021
Where will the Browns be for the Super Bowl this year?

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:47 AM 01-18-2021
Someone help me because I really don't know the answer. Let's say the play is exactly the same - helmet to helmet hit, ball fumbled into end zone & out of bounds - only difference is that they call the helmet to helmet penalty on Sorenson. Where is the ball placed and who has it?
[Reply]
notorious 08:48 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Someone help me because I really don't know the answer. Let's say the play is exactly the same - helmet to helmet hit, ball fumbled into end zone & out of bounds - only difference is that they call the helmet to helmet penalty on Sorenson. Where is the ball placed and who has it?
It’s essentially a 1” penalty.
[Reply]
morphius 08:48 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I don't understand how it would work...he fumbled the ball out of the EZ, but would have gotten a personal foul on the play...if they call the penalty, where do they spot the ball? at the one inch line? It was not a TD...he lost possession, but the penalty would have happened before the loss of the ball, so...
I don't believe that is a spot foul, so if they would have called that, and not the holding, it would have been 15 yards from the original snap and an automatic first down.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:49 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by JD10367:
For everyone else it's luck or cheating or a conspiracy by the NFL to keep them winning.

For you guys, it's "those are the breaks, they could've played better."

Hypocritical douchebags.
Patriots win their game this weekend?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:49 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
1 and 10 after 15 yard penalty from original LOS I assume.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:50 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Patriots win their game this weekend?
That is what irrelevance looks like....
[Reply]
Spott 08:54 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by JD10367:
For everyone else it's luck or cheating or a conspiracy by the NFL to keep them winning.

For you guys, it's "those are the breaks, they could've played better."

Hypocritical douchebags.
Go find an ice pick and jam it in your eye eyeball, dickbag.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:55 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't know what Sorenson is supposed to do there. Go flying superman style with arms out?

It's a bang bang play on the goal line. Collisions happen.
Yep that is how I view it as well. I wouldn't be on here bitching about the helmet hit if that happened to us but I would be bitching about the guy reaching for the pylon like that.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:57 AM 01-18-2021
Like Stefanski said, you don't stretch the ball there. Take first and goal.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:57 AM 01-18-2021
Who cares what Browns fans are arguing?

These guys are making split-second decisions on the angles to take. I really doubt Sorensen was thinking about much more than trying to keep the guy from getting in the endzone. If you slow down the footage and want to make the Browns argument then, well, sorry Browns fans. Those are the breaks. Next time maybe try holding onto the ball.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:59 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep that is how I view it as well. I wouldn't be on here bitching about the helmet hit if that happened to us but I would be bitching about the guy reaching for the pylon like that.
Think it's plenty fair to bitch about it. Wasn't a dirty play by dirty Dan. It was one hell of an effort play. But in terms of helmet to helmet he needs to use his arms to avoid a penalty. I wouldn't be mad if they called it.

But the idea that this totally changed the game is totally ridiculous.
[Reply]
warrior 09:01 AM 01-18-2021
The what ifs I remember them well lol
[Reply]
stevieray 09:03 AM 01-18-2021
What if the LB gets called for a horse collar on Mahomes.?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up