ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
chiefzilla1501 06:28 AM 01-18-2021
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:10 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
To be clear. Were you OK with the Browns runner lowering his helmet as he did? Defender is put in a pretty bad spot when the runner does that.
That's something that rarely is discussed. The NFL rule clearly states "if a player lower his head to initiate contact with an opponent." It is a 2-way rule but nobody is ever whining when the offensive player commits the foul.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:10 PM 01-18-2021
Today I looked in the mirror and said what if I had a Ron Jeremy schlong. Then I looked down, realized I didn't and moved on.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:12 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Today I looked in the mirror and said what if I had a Ron Jeremy schlong. Then I looked down, realized I didn't and moved on.
All I know is Tori Black would be goal #1 if I did. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That's something that rarely is discussed. The NFL rule clearly states "if a player lower his head to initiate contact with an opponent." It is a 2-way rule but nobody is ever whining when the offensive player commits the foul.
Kareem Hunt got a 15-yard penalty for it in 2017.

It's definitely a rule, they just always call it on the defense because the NFL wants scoring.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sure, it was obviously a penalty after-the-fact. But it's not reviewable and those are difficult to call in the bang-bang nature of the sport, especially at the goal line when the ref is focused more on whether he got in or not and whether and when the ball was jarred loose.

Browns fans complaining over something like that are pathetic.
Yep.

They were watching the ball, the runner, the goal line, and the pylon. They missed the helmets, it happens.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:26 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kareem Hunt got a 15-yard penalty for it in 2017.

It's definitely a rule, they just always call it on the defense because the NFL wants scoring.
Was that pre-woman kicking or post woman kicking?

Doesn't make a difference about the penalty but I need to know rather to cheer or boo that decision.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:30 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
What if my dick was 12" instead of 2"? I'd be getting paid to **** women not paying them to **** me. :-)
please no pics.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:13 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Was not the offensive player doing the same? That is my point. If it is illegal for one it should be for both, especially when going that low. I know not everyone is going to agree, that is fine.

Also wasn't one of our lineman pulled down by his jersey twice on that same play, they call that and it is a wash.
The being pulled down twice will be brushed off as, "happens every play"...
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:18 PM 01-23-2021
Don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere but he did not get fined for the hit.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:13 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere but he did not get fined for the hit.
Cool.

Are Browns fans still whining?
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:07 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Helmet to Helmet isnt the issue. The issue was that he LEAD with his helmet. And that on top of being Illegal is extremely dangerous for DD and for HIggins. It could of resulted in Sorensen breaking his own neck.
He's diving at a guy that is diving for the end zone and you can even see DDs head go left as he's aiming with his shoulder. He's not trying to hit him helmet to Helmet. He's trying to get his head between the ball carrier and the end zone. There helmets just happen to collide. What would you have expected him to do instead?
[Reply]
smith11 04:00 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
if bills score at end of 1st half they almost assuredly aren't going for it on 4th down in their own territory in the 3rd quarter, which led to a score they would not have had if penalty called on sorenson
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:14 AM 01-24-2021
We still would have won because Mahomes.

If they called that then the other aspects of the game like Mahomes not getting hurt we still would have won the game because Mahomes.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:15 AM 01-24-2021
That would have been a legal hit back in the day before they played flag football like they do today.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:27 AM 01-24-2021
Again, call me when the NFL cares enough about player safety to flag RBs for leading with the crown of their helmet.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up